By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Class action lawsuit filed against Dell for false advertising over Alienware laptop's upgradeability

https://www.pcgamer.com/au/class-action-lawsuit-filed-against-dell-for-false-advertising-over-alienware-laptops-upgradeability/

Alienware Area 51m was advertising that you would be able to upgrade the GPU in the future. So if you bought an Alienware Area 51m with a 2060, you could eventually upgrade to a 2080 Super once you got enough money. In reality, you could only upgrade with in the same release period which they failed to mention. So as an example, if you bought a 2060 version, you could upgrade to the 2080 and not the 2080 Super. Not that anyone would want to as the upgrade costed like $1000 or something. But false advertising none the less...

AMD Breaks 30% CPU Market Share in Steam Hardware Survey

https://www.techpowerup.com/282981/amd-breaks-30-cpu-market-share-in-steam-hardware-survey

AMD Radeon RX 6900 XTX reappears in a custom PC as RX 6900 XT LC

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-rx-6900-xtx-reappears-in-a-custom-pc-as-rx-6900-xt-lc

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

It's good to see AMD growing in the Steam survey despite the shortages and with overpriced CPUs, at least compared to Intel's.

And f*ck Dell. I like their monitors, but their business practices are disgusting.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

That's scummy for Dell. Par for course.. They are also selling Alienware laptops with gimped 3070's https://www.pcgamer.com/au/alienware-m15-r5-rtx-3070-cuda-cores/

NMH 1+2 coming to PC next week!

Nice surprise.. will finally get to play the games.

Well, I hope that also comes back to bite them in the ass.

*Edit* Talking about the Dell news, of course.

Last edited by JEMC - on 05 June 2021

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
hinch said:

That's scummy for Dell. Par for course.. They are also selling Alienware laptops with gimped 3070's https://www.pcgamer.com/au/alienware-m15-r5-rtx-3070-cuda-cores/

It does look like Alienware is going to update it with the correct Vbios after they were found out. You can also flash the Alienware m15 R4 3070 Vbios as a workaround for now even though you shouldn't have to. Especially with how expensive Alienwares are.

Funny now it's their Ryzen one that gets gimped...  Oh dell... They gotta love dat Intel money...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Yeah there has to be quite a lot of money involved between Intel and Dell.

And not sure if intentional but its quite suspicious that it only affects Ryzen models. I mean pushing specific hardware is one thing but misleading customers by tampering with hardware is real low, even for them.

Epic Game's Brian Karis Runs Unreal Engine 5 2020 PS5 Demo on his PC

Now there were some nonsense circling around where the demo wouldn't be possible to run on a PC but we all know that's not the case and here is proof of that. Now this isn't some benchmark or anything, it's just him going over some of the UE5 technologies with the demo running on his PC in Editor mode . The other crazy thing is how small the data is. Activision could learn a thing or two for their next call of duty so that it won't take up 500GBs.

Captain_Yuri said:

Now there were some nonsense circling around where the demo wouldn't be possible to run on a PC but we all know that's not the case and here is proof of that. Now this isn't some benchmark or anything, it's just him going over some of the UE5 technologies with the demo running on his PC in Editor mode . The other crazy thing is how small the data is. Activision could learn a thing or two for their next call of duty so that it won't take up 500GBs.

What was really fucking annoying last week, was seeing console fanboys claiming the PC specs for the editor version were the specs needed to run the damn engine demo itself, and how they claimed the PS5 would be able to run the editor, not knowing the core difference between the editor and the actual demo itself.

This is why some tech illiterate folks should honestly stay the hell away from topics they do not understand.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

What was really fucking annoying last week, was seeing console fanboys claiming the PC specs for the editor version were the specs needed to run the damn engine demo itself, and how they claimed the PS5 would be able to run the editor, not knowing the core difference between the editor and the actual demo itself.

This is why some tech illiterate folks should honestly stay the hell away from topics they do not understand.

Yea that stuff is always funny. I seen compiled versions run on low end machines at above 30 fps. Hopefully DF will do some tests so we can put that to rest.