By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news

Zarx changed his avatar again. Thoughts?

Noice 245 61.40%

So soon? I just got used to the last one 13 3.26%

it sucks 22 5.51%

Your cropping skills are lacking 13 3.26%

Too noisy, can't tell WTF it even is 13 3.26%

Meh 32 8.02%

Total:338

Here's something a bit interesting. Various first party manufacturer controllers, whether it be Joycons/DS/Xbox controller, they all seem to be having a drifting issue and iFixit explains why:

TLDW: They all use the joysticks from the same manufacturer. And the official ratings from the manufacturer could be exceeded by their Call of Duty player after only 400 hours of playing! So if you were to play for 4 hours a day lets say... That would be 100 days of playing games before the joysticks would exceed the manufacturer specifications and could start to drift!

Remember, this same joystick setup is on the $180 Xbox Elite Controller!

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Final Fantasy VII gets a new must-have AI-enhanced HD Mod
https://www.dsogaming.com/pc-performance-analyses/final-fantasy-vii-ai-enhanced-hd-mod/
Back in May 2020, we informed you about an AI-enhanced HD Mod for FF7, Final Fantasy 7 Remako HD Graphics Mod. However, it appears there is another similar project for it that is easier to install and brings additional improvements.
Created by Satsuki Yatoshi, the SYW mod represents the most accurate modern take on the PC version of Final Fantasy VII. This mod uses deep learning techniques (such as ESRGAN) in order to overhaul the game’s graphics. The package includes cleaner, more detailed and higher resolution background arts. It also comes with better battlefields, world map, magic effects, and menus.
The main goal of the SYW mod is to improve the graphics as much as possible without having an oversharp and overclean effect. The mod also attempts to keep the rendering as natural as possible and constant in quality across the whole game.
>> Available from here.

That looks amazing!

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

I had drifting issues on my old DS4s. I just increased the deadzone and they were gone.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

So that's why all controllers fail now? Looks like an opportunity for some other vendor to promote itself and get some commands.

It would also be interesting to know who make the joycons during the 5th and 6th generation of consoles and try to get that design back.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

If you thought Bloodlines 2 development couldn't look more like a trainwreck, you were wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:

I had drifting issues on my old DS4s. I just increased the deadzone and they were gone.

Last year I got myself a brand new PS4 slim and one stick was drifting, I disassembled it and 'cleaned' it with a brush and surprisingly drifting stopped completely, whew.

Visit my eBay stampers store: eims-stampers

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Rhonin the wizard said:

If you thought Bloodlines 2 development couldn't look more like a trainwreck, you were wrong.

Not unexpected. All they had to do is honor the original and improve on some of its flaws, but my guess is they decided mid development they want to appeal to mainstream and fucked up everything in the process...

Rhonin the wizard said:

Not unexpected. All they had to do is honor the original and improve on some of its flaws, but my guess is they decided mid development they want to appeal to mainstream and fucked up everything in the process...

It's published by Paradox, the king of DLCs. Maybe they wanted to change the game to make room for the dozen of DLCs their games have and the studio didn't know how to do it without launching a clearly unfinished game.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

The Tuesday news:

SALES /PLAYER COUNT & DEALS

Steam has a new daily deal and also a new range of weeklong deals:

The Humble Store has three new sales:

SOFTWARE & DRIVERS

AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.3 is optimized for Dirt 5 Energy Content Pack
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/amd-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition-21-2-3-is-optimized-for-dirt-5-energy-content-pack/
AMD has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.3 driver offers optimal performance in Dirt 5 Energy Content Pack.
Moreover, this driver fixes a system crash or hang on the HP Reverb G2 when connected to Radeon RX 6900 series graphics products. It also resolves an application crash or hang in Substance Painter on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.
>> Available from here.

MODS, EMULATORS & FAN PROJECTS

Jurassic Park: Trespasser VR Fan Remake in Half-Life: Alyx under development
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/jurassic-park-trespasser-vr-fan-remake-in-half-life-alyx-under-development/
Modder ‘Stevokenevo’ is currently working on a VR remake of Jurassic Park: Trespasser in Half-Life: Alyx. Jurassic Park: Trespasser featured great physics for its time, and most gamers refer to it as the “arm simulator”. And, as a fan of Jurassic Park, I’m really looking forward to it.
(...)
The modder plans to complete this VR remake by the 23rd anniversary of Trespasser’s release (October 28th 2021).
>> You'll find it at ModDB.

Valheim has a first-person mod, and it works pretty darn well
https://www.pcgamer.com/valheim-has-a-first-person-mod-and-it-works-pretty-darn-well/
While Valheim doesn't officially support mods, modders aren't letting that slow them down. There's already a mod that overhauls the construction system, and so it was probably only a matter of time until someone overhauled your Viking's perspective. Yep, there's now a mod for Valheim that lets you play in first-person mode.
And the while the First Person View mod is still a work in progress, and the game itself doesn't seem like it'd be a natural fit, it really does work surprisingly well. I ran around for about a half hour in first-person this morning, and the beautiful world looks even better when you peer through your character's eyes instead of looking over their shoulders.

GAMING NEWS

Watch Dogs: Legion Online Mode releases on March 9th as a free update
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/watch-dogs-legion-online-mode-march-9th-free-update/
Ubisoft announced today that the online mode for Watch Dogs: Legion will be available on March 9th for all owners of the game via a free update.

Official gameplay trailer released for It Takes Two
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/official-gameplay-trailer-released-for-it-takes-two/
Electronic Arts and Hazelight have released the official gameplay trailer for It Takes Two. It Takes Two is described as a genre-bending platform adventure, created purely for co-op.

Pascal’s Wager: Definitive Edition is a Souls-like game, coming to PC on March 12th
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/pascals-wager-definitive-edition-is-a-souls-like-game-coming-to-pc-on-march-12th/
Giant Global and Works TipsWorks have announced that their Souls-like game, Pascal’s Wager: Definitive Edition, will be coming to PC on March 12th. This game first appeared on mobiles, and it’s now making its transition to the PC.

Hitman 3 February Patch released, adds new content, improves stability
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/hitman-3-february-patch-released-adds-new-content-improves-stability/
IO Interactive has released the first major update for Hitman 3. According to the release notes, the February Update packs many improvements and tweaks that will improve the overall game performance and stability. Moreover, it adds new free content to the game.

Days Gone is coming to PC this Spring according to Sony’s Jim Ryan
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/days-gone-is-coming-to-pc-this-spring-according-to-sonys-jim-ryan/
In August 2020, Sony announced its intention to bring more of its games to the PC. The first game that came out on our platform was Horizon Zero Dawn. And, from the looks of it, the next major Playstation game that will release on the PC is Days Gone.

Rhonin the wizard said:

Oh man i knew things where looking bad and i really really want it to be a good game. Hopefully this extra time will give them time to get a dev who knows what they are doing to work on it and take their time to make a good game.