By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Seems I'm the only one unbothered by Epic so far. Ironic given I didn't like them not too long ago either, but right now? Steam is out, consoles are out, GOG is out, Windows Store is out (and Humble is just a key distributor, you can't download from servers they own), so the only store I have left is Epic. Their catalog is half decent and while I don't have short term memory, what choice do I have? The days of independent distribution are over, so I can't cherry pick my catalog anymore.

In my opinion, maybe this can be a cautionary tale for them like it was for MSFT. If Epic can pull off their own turnaround, then I might just side with them, not to mention they want to pry open the iOS ecosystem, which I'm eleventy billion percent behind, especially after realizing how much better and superior to every phone a jailbroken iPhone truly is.

If only Sileo became a game storefront for PC Gaming *sniffs*

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
Cyran said:

Decided to give it a try.  I don't think he got his 3090 cooled enough or there was a bug in .74 vs .76.  I say it because I ran it out of curiosity and while my average and max was only about 5fps higher which easily can be explain by different clock speeds on my 3090 vs his but my min was 64.29 and his was 17.97.  The only thing I can think of to explain that is a bug or major throttling from over heating. My results

So I did get around to benchmarking my Strix 3080 at stock clocks

PCGH did some FullHD-benchmarks.

RTX 3060 Ti beats RTX 2080 Ti and RX 6900 XT:

And when DLSS Quality gets activated, the $399-GPU (RTX 3060 Ti MSRP) has ~70 fps on average in RT high 1080p.
The $999-GPU (RX 6900 XT MSRP) has ~30 fps on average in RT high 1080p.

With DLSS Quality activated, the $399-GPU (RTX 3060 Ti MSRP) has 21 fps on average in RT ultra 1080p.
The $999-GPU (RX 6900 XT MSRP) has 8.1 fps on average in RT high 1080p.

Not a pretty picture for Turing and RDNA2 (in this benchmark).

Last edited by Conina - on 02 May 2021

NVIDIA shows off a custom GeForce RTX 3080 “Overwatch” graphics card

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-shows-off-a-custom-geforce-rtx-3080-overwatch-graphics-card

It does look quite nice even though it will probably cost you your first born child.

Stalker 2 is a 'next-gen game' only and 'impossible' to run on Xbox One and PS4, says dev

https://www.retbit.com/2021/04/30/stalker-2-on-xbox-series-x-is-a-next-gen-game-and-impossible-to-run-on-xbox-one-or-ps4-dev-says/

The graphics certainly look quite impressive! Hopefully more and more games will come out that's next gen only.

Chia Coin Hits Over 1 Exabyte Storage Capacity, Storage Makers Witness Huge Increase In Sales But Fear of Global HDD & SSD Shortage Looms

https://wccftech.com/chia-coin-hits-over-1-exabyte-storage-capacity-storage-makers-witness-huge-increase-in-sales-but-fear-of-global-hdd-ssd-shortage-looms/

GN made an interesting video regarding the current GPU situation

As usual, they have been making over double the amount of GPUs as previous generations but the supply still can't meet demand. But the interesting thing is the scummy tactics that AIBs are adding on top to make even more money. AIBs are essentially forcing retailers to purchase extra stuff that usually don't sell in order to get GPUs. For example, some AIBs are making retailers purchase 100s of keyboards or power supplies or other nonsense that typically no one would order cause they are trash tier stuff but in order to get GPUs... The AIBs are making them do it. And that's why a number of retailers are forcing combos like newegg with their GPUs cause otherwise, no one would buy that stuff. One of the biggest yikes is that Gigabyte power supply that has a 1 egg rating because it's known to have faulty components. But if you want that 3080...

Shameful but that is the current market. It's not enough just to make money on GPUs markup during the shortage, gotta go the extra mile...

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 01 May 2021

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

AsGryffynn said:

Seems I'm the only one unbothered by Epic so far. Ironic given I didn't like them not too long ago either, but right now? Steam is out, consoles are out, GOG is out, Windows Store is out (and Humble is just a key distributor, you can't download from servers they own), so the only store I have left is Epic. Their catalog is half decent and while I don't have short term memory, what choice do I have? The days of independent distribution are over, so I can't cherry pick my catalog anymore.

In my opinion, maybe this can be a cautionary tale for them like it was for MSFT. If Epic can pull off their own turnaround, then I might just side with them, not to mention they want to pry open the iOS ecosystem, which I'm eleventy billion percent behind, especially after realizing how much better and superior to every phone a jailbroken iPhone truly is.

If only Sileo became a game storefront for PC Gaming *sniffs*

What do you mean by the boldest part exactly? 

Also, as much as I dislike walled gardens (even though Epic's trying to build it's own), the idea that you should be allowed to go around and tear down everyone's garden, because you think that's how the industry should work, and you yourself are a power player, doesn't exactly fill me with confidence, because I've got zip reason to trust anyone with that desire and power (especially if I was also a power player in that market).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

That Overwatch card doesn't look right. That picture won't be visible in a regular case, and in one with a riser to have it sideways, the picture would be upside down.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

That Overwatch card doesn't look right. That picture won't be visible in a regular case, and in one with a riser to have it sideways, the picture would be upside down.

They do have a picture of what it will look like inside a case:

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Decent looking card. The cables look so ugly on these 3000 series cards.

Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

They do have a picture of what it will look like inside a case:

Wait that doesn't... Oh! I was looking at it from a wrong perspective. My bad.

Man, I need a proper night of sleep.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

green_sky said:

Decent looking card. The cables look so ugly on these 3000 series cards.

The location on card still not good but you can hugely improve it with a custom individual sleeve cable that single 12 pin to dual 8 on the psu side.

For example

https://store.cablemod.com/configurator/?load=feef34bab84a

I configured it pure gold but you could do a mix of gold and black.  $41.60 USD A lot for a single cable but let be truthfully if you can afford and willing to pay extra on top of the already expensive price of a 3090 for a themed version you probably willing to pay $41.60 USD for a custom cable to make it look the way you want.

That card, gross. I have the hall of fame card, that's slick.