By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news

Zarx changed his avatar again. Thoughts?

Noice 245 61.40%

So soon? I just got used to the last one 13 3.26%

it sucks 22 5.51%

Your cropping skills are lacking 13 3.26%

Too noisy, can't tell WTF it even is 13 3.26%

Meh 32 8.02%

Total:338
hinch said:

Nvidia and AiB's are readying cards aimed at miners - https://videocardz.com/newz/msi-preparing-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-miner-series

Only AIB partners bennefit from that, specially if what the article claims (cheaper to produce and sold for more) is true.

When it comes to us, however, it doesn't really help us. After all, those new cards will still need to use the same chips as the gaming ones, leaving us with even less units available.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Yeah you might be right, though this could be a way to offload crappy binned chips that don't make the cut for OC models. Since they won't be clocking them that high since perf per watt is what they want.

Nvidia did they they were working on a solution.. so this could be one of them? :P

hinch said:

Yeah you might be right, though this could be a way to offload crappy binned chips that don't make the cut for OC models. Since they won't be clocking them that high since perf per watt is what they want.

Nvidia did they they were working on a solution.. so this could be one of them? :P

So they'll use the non overclockable chips for these cards while giving us the ones that can be oveclocked, in cards that come with a premium price over the regular ones... yeah, that doesn't makes us any favor either.

And Nvidia's solution has already been revealrd: they'll keep making the Turing based 2060 and 2060 Super https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-to-reintroduce-geforce-rtx-2060-and-rtx-2060-super-to-the-market

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

That's a ridiculously small fine for such big publishers, especially Valve. Valve could probably be fined that amount monthly and still not really feel that enough.

JEMC said:
hinch said:

So they'll use the non overclockable chips for these cards while giving us the ones that can be oveclocked, in cards that come with a premium price over the regular ones... yeah, that doesn't makes us any favor either.

And Nvidia's solution has already been revealrd: they'll keep making the Turing based 2060 and 2060 Super https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-to-reintroduce-geforce-rtx-2060-and-rtx-2060-super-to-the-market

Yeah, not looking great either way. Looks like Ampere cards are going to be like gold dust this year :(

Around the Network

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Some dude i know paid $380 plus tax for 1660 Super. What a sad time for vidyaaa cardos.

I'm sorry for your friend, because he's been scammed.

JEMC said:

Bringing in more stock of the 2060 cards at the moment would be a great idea since there is still value for people looking at the low-mid range price point but at the prices stated in that article It just doesn't make any sense.

JEMC said:

I'm sorry for your friend, because he's been scammed.

This is Canadian dollars. Most stuff is inflated. We used to get decent pricing but we pretty much are Australia now. He knew he was overpaying for the card but i guess less hassle than messaging people selling used. Thinking their old ass cards are worth gold, bitcoin or tesla stock. 

Last edited by green_sky - on 20 January 2021