By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Chinese Manufacturers Begin Production of Cryptocurrency Mining Dedicated SSDs As Chia Coin Gains Popularity

"As of right now, there are a total of 30,000 HDDs with a combined storage space of 260 Petabytes or (260,000 Terabytes) in the mining network and that's increasing by an average of 500 HDDs per day."

https://wccftech.com/dedicated-cryptocurrency-mining-ssds-in-production-chia-coin-rise/

ASUS CMP 30HX mining card features ARGB lighting

https://videocardz.com/newz/asus-cmp-30hx-mining-card-features-argb-lighting

Can't have an Asus GPU without RGB regardless of it's purpose

ASUS TUF Dash F15 laptop with GeForce RTX 3050 graphics listed by Amazon

https://videocardz.com/newz/asus-tuf-dash-f15-laptop-with-geforce-rtx-3050-graphics-listed-by-amazon

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
JEMC said:

By the way, the UK government want to make Nvidia sad:

UK Government intervenes in Nvidia's bid to buy Arm for national security reasons
https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-arm-deal-uk-government-intervention/
The UK Government has announced it is intervening in Nvidia's acquisition of Arm on the grounds of national security. The wheels are now in motion for the UK Government's Competition and Market Authority (CMA) to produce a report on Nvidia's Arm deal, which could become a major setback for the US tech giant's acquisition of the UK-based chipmaker.

A notice of public interest intervention has been posted to the UK Government website by the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media, and Sport, Oliver Dowden CBE. It announces the UK Government's intention to look deeper into the Nvidia-Arm deal, and whether it will have any negative implications for British national security.

Good good. If this deal goes through, it could be yikes for the industry. We will see what happens though.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

One annoying thing will be that if the storage based crypto takes off and Sony eventually reveals their list of compatible Nvme SSDs for the PS5, it may be quite hard to get one. Especially as the base storage has only 667GB free by default. Least with the recent update, you can back up the ps5 games to any external hard drive.

Yeah its quite annoying that Sony hasn't clarified what drives are compatible. There are some good deals for 7GB/s Gen4 drives here, but there's no point in investing in one until we know what works and what doesn't.

Captain_Yuri said:

One annoying thing will be that if the storage based crypto takes off and Sony eventually reveals their list of compatible Nvme SSDs for the PS5, it may be quite hard to get one. Especially as the base storage has only 667GB free by default. Least with the recent update, you can back up the ps5 games to any external hard drive.

It's almost like miners don't care and just want to watch the whole video gaming realm burn.

The way China is growing, and the way Nvidia/AMD don't care, it's pretty much going to be a guarantee that China makes damn sure Miners get their feast and spread it further across the tech industry. 

I've always held disdain for Russia for their anti-gay crap (same with Arabic nations tbh), but China is just one thing after another of bad takes (Tencent, getting Hollywood to bend the knee for them, video game censorship, trying to literally own the whole fucking silk road, buying out western companies, trying to own a stake in video games etc). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

It's almost like miners don't care and just want to watch the whole video gaming realm burn.

The way China is growing, and the way Nvidia/AMD don't care, it's pretty much going to be a guarantee that China makes damn sure Miners get their feast and spread it further across the tech industry. 

I've always held disdain for Russia for their anti-gay crap (same with Arabic nations tbh), but China is just one thing after another of bad takes (Tencent, getting Hollywood to bend the knee for them, video game censorship, trying to literally own the whole fucking silk road, buying out western companies, trying to own a stake in video games etc). 

Yea pretty much. Hopefully by the time the next gen hardware comes out, PC gaming can catch a break and get back to form.

Who would have thought that in the era where you can play Microsoft and Sony games on PC, Gamepass being on PC, EA releasing games onto Steam, Tons of Japanese games coming to PC on day 1, Nvidia and AMD releasing incredible fap worthy hardware and tons of other zomg things... That it would be the hardest time to recommend anyone to build a new gaming PC thanks to miners and scalpers

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

What do you mean with "almost"? They don't give a sh*t about video games. They only care about money.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Why am I not surprised? 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

So Linus made an interesting video where he tested the popular cloud options while we wait for the GPUs to come back in stock

Now his test for xCloud was not on PC because while MS is going to release the xCloud beta tomorrow on PC, the video was obviously made before then.

PSNow was... Yikes

Stadia was good but the problems of Stadia is the fact that it's dying and if you buy games on it... Well you could lose access to them as well as you save if Stadia actually dies. It does allow 4k.

So he recommends Geforce Now overall even though it's more expensive than the rest. Other than being very competitive with latency compared to other streaming service, you also get the option of having Ray Tracing and of course the fact that you can just buy your games on steam so that when you do get a GPU, you can still play games. The problem is that it's only 1080p.

But overall, all solutions suck

Solution: buy a prebuilt.