By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

According to GN, those are with SAM enabled

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 03 March 2021

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Yea way overpriced. Should have been $429 or closer to the 3060 Ti due to it's RT performance and lack of DLSS. Hell in some games according to AMD's own benchmark, it performs worse than a 3060 Ti. And remember, those first party benchmarks are with SAM enabled.

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 03 March 2021

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

RTX 3060's going for $800-1000 USD. They should have priced it $799 USD.

The only good thing from the AMD event is the launch of SAM for Ryzen 3000 processors. The rest just show that AMD has lost its mind (or that TSMC's 5nm is crazy expensive).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

The other piece of news that was shown off was that Village is going to get Ray Tracing.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/resident-evil-village-will-officially-support-ray-tracing-on-pc-first-pc-footage/

So far, majority of the AAA games we have seen this year all have Ray Tracing support/announcement (The Medium, Hitman 3 and now RE Village). Of course, the shitty thing about AMD sponsored titles is that you won't get DLSS support. And while Nvidia's GPUs will out perform AMD in RT, you won't get that huge performance uplift that comes from DLSS. So with Super Resolution no where to be seen, we get to have a situation where both platforms get goofed.

Around the Network

Told y'all it would be expensive. Although performance itself isn't bad...

When playing CoD.. waiting for console players to load in a level.. Can't wait until more people move onto next gen consoles.

Also that RT comparison is quite legit. The game looks great on the PS5 (demo) despite the use of some questionable assets. I find the lighting is really good in RE Engine games and runs (scales) well.

Last edited by hinch - on 03 March 2021

Yea Ray Tracing on a horror game should be hot damn worthy if done right. Especially with lighting and shadows. Oof can't wait!

Ye and raytraced AO is in a league of its own compared to regular AO. Makes objects more grounded with stuff being lit right and more correct without the usual hitches that comes with it.

Played Valheim. Addicted to Valheim. Play Valheim.