By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news

Zarx changed his avatar again. Thoughts?

Noice 244 61.31%

So soon? I just got used to the last one 13 3.27%

it sucks 22 5.53%

Your cropping skills are lacking 13 3.27%

Too noisy, can't tell WTF it even is 13 3.27%

Meh 32 8.04%

Total:337
vivster said:

A 3GHz card barely keeping up with a 2GHz card. I know you shouldn't compare clockspeeds across architectures, but holy shit they want to really prove it this time. So AMD still only knows how to do things fast but not how to do them well.

In some ways, AMD GPUs are like Intel CPUs

Relies on old technology
Downplays new technology
Shady Marketing
Pushes frequencies to the max in order to brute force architectural deficiencies

The good news is, AMD's gen on gen improvements are quite impressive so there's certainly some hope for the future. We will see though.

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Around the Network

I'd be amazed if AMD can keep those speeds in RDNA3, because I very much doubt that.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

3060 TI 200W TDP. Only 20W less than a 3070. This really is not my gen for GPUs it seems. Waiting for the regular 3060 now...

Marth said:

3060 TI 200W TDP. Only 20W less than a 3070. This really is not my gen for GPUs it seems. Waiting for the regular 3060 now...

Alright I gotta ask.

Why so restrictive when it comes to wattage? And what would be an acceptable wattage for your build?

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Captain_Yuri said:
Marth said:

Alright I gotta ask.

Why so restrictive when it comes to wattage? And what would be an acceptable wattage for your build?

I have a 500W PSU and no intention to upgrade that one, as its not even a year old.

While 200W TDP would be theoretically possible spikes can still happen and so I consider that over budget.

I am currently running a 970 which sits at a 145 TDP and to me it feels power draw has balooned heavily these past two GPU gens.

I think 175W is the maximum acceptable. But neither AMD nor Nvidia provide that atm. And I don't want a 1660 Super.

So I have to wait until they finally get to a card at that level. I wish they were more like CPUs where it seems efficiency plays a much bigger role.

Around the Network

Looks like you'll have to wait for a 3060 or a 6700, unless you can find an RTX 2060 at a good price now that the successor is close to launch.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Asus Strix 3080 White Version

https://www.proshop.dk/Grafikkort/ASUS-GeForce-RTX-3080-ROG-STRIX-OC-White-10GB-GDDR6X-RAM-Grafikkort/2911579

That would go well with viv's white case.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

90% 3070 perf at 80% MSRP $399 (In dreams) otherwise it's basically the same card. No, you won't be able to buy one.

Is that correct?

Yes. Just pretend both Ampere and RDNA 2 are launching in 2021 and the reviews are just coming out months early.