By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news

Zarx changed his avatar again. Thoughts?

Noice 244 61.31%

So soon? I just got used to the last one 13 3.27%

it sucks 22 5.53%

Your cropping skills are lacking 13 3.27%

Too noisy, can't tell WTF it even is 13 3.27%

Meh 32 8.04%

Total:337
Captain_Yuri said:

Alright, we finally got something when it comes to RDNA 2 and Ray Tracing and the RDNA 2 test is directly from AMD. It's not a game benchmark however and it is using an old driver so be aware of that.

"This means that GeForce RTX 3080 is around 33% faster than Radeon RX 6800 XT in this particular benchmark."

"The stock GeForce RTX 3090 has a framerate of 749, according to the screenshot posted by Hassan Mujtaba (Wccftech). This means that RTX 3090 is 59% faster than AMD RX 6800XT in this DXR test."

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-ray-accelerator-appear-to-be-slower-than-nvidia-rt-core-in-this-dxr-ray-tracing-benchmark

It does line up with other leaks where the RT performance seemed kinda poor compared to it's raster performance. It would also explain why they didn't show anything regarding Ray Tracing performance in the presentation.

Thanks for sharing. To be honest, I don't think anyone (well, maybe Trumpstyle) expects AMD to match or beat Nvidia in ray tracing not only because it's their first serious try at it but also because if they did, they would have mentioned it during yesterday's conference.

That said, there are some things worth keeping in mind to get the bigger picture:

• We don't know which setting were used during the AMD test. We know that the 3080 and 3090 were tested at default, and it makes sense that AMD also used the same settings, but it's not guaranteed. We'll have to wait until reviews to know for sure.
  • That test was done in August. In these two months AMD has had time to improve the software to increase performance and, once it launches and they're able to collect more data from its customers, they'll keep improving it.
  • At Guru3D they also tried that benchmark with a 3070 and the result is 475fps, only 4 more than the AMD card. This means that, while Navi 21 is not spectacular at ray tracing, it's far from being bad at it.

There's also the question of which Navi 21 card was used for that test but, as I said, if AMD were on par or better than Nvidia at RT, they would have shown it yesterday to deliver a final and deadly blow to Ampere.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Little Youtube roundup of the RX 6000 reveal:

*snip*

You're welcome!

Thanks for the round-up, and for also adding the links.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

3070 availability is as low as 3080 it seems in Canadia. Demand prob even higher. Just bring the 4060 or 5050 Ti already.

green_sky said:
3070 availability is as low as 3080 it seems in Canadia. Demand prob even higher. Just bring the 4060 or 5050 Ti already.

I couldn't even find a 3070 at any e-retailer in Germany. Not even in the search engine. The 3080 and 3090 cards at least show up with a "unknown delivery time" mention, but no 3070 at all.

So I tried my luck securing a 3070 FE and no luck.

Last edited by hinch - on 29 October 2020

Not even going to try the AiB, too expensive. What a farce.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Thanks for sharing. To be honest, I don't think anyone (well, maybe Trumpstyle) expects AMD to match or beat Nvidia in ray tracing not only because it's their first serious try at it but also because if they did, they would have mentioned it during yesterday's conference.

Patience dude, it was benchmarks like this I didn't believe redgamingtech source. His source was probably getting it from a benchmark like this, these benchmarks are old and designed for Turing. I'm still waiting for watch dogs legion, the new call of duty and spiderman remastered to get a clue for the rtx performance, these games should be optimized for PS5. My numbers are still the same.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Guys the hype for RDNA2 is real

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Alright, we finally got something when it comes to RDNA 2 and Ray Tracing and the RDNA 2 test is directly from AMD. It's not a game benchmark however and it is using an old driver so be aware of that.

"This means that GeForce RTX 3080 is around 33% faster than Radeon RX 6800 XT in this particular benchmark."

"The stock GeForce RTX 3090 has a framerate of 749, according to the screenshot posted by Hassan Mujtaba (Wccftech). This means that RTX 3090 is 59% faster than AMD RX 6800XT in this DXR test."

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-ray-accelerator-appear-to-be-slower-than-nvidia-rt-core-in-this-dxr-ray-tracing-benchmark

It does line up with other leaks where the RT performance seemed kinda poor compared to it's raster performance. It would also explain why they didn't show anything regarding Ray Tracing performance in the presentation.

That said, there are some things worth keeping in mind to get the bigger picture:

• We don't know which setting were used during the AMD test. We know that the 3080 and 3090 were tested at default, and it makes sense that AMD also used the same settings, but it's not guaranteed. We'll have to wait until reviews to know for sure.
  • That test was done in August. In these two months AMD has had time to improve the software to increase performance and, once it launches and they're able to collect more data from its customers, they'll keep improving it.
  • At Guru3D they also tried that benchmark with a 3070 and the result is 475fps, only 4 more than the AMD card. This means that, while Navi 21 is not spectacular at ray tracing, it's far from being bad at it.

There's also the question of which Navi 21 card was used for that test but, as I said, if AMD were on par or better than Nvidia at RT, they would have shown it yesterday to deliver a final and deadly blow to Ampere.

Yea it's gonna be one of those, gotta wait and see. AMD has a lot to prove. They caught up in Raster which is excellent but are they also gonna be competitive with Ray Tracing? With Drivers? What about DLSS? And more importantly, can they do it again once Nvidia comes back to TSMC?

Still exciting times none the less and this should be a wake up call for Nvidia. Especially if AIBs manage to come up with a liquid cooling version that can top the 3090 in Raster!

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

I managed to order a 3070, though not the model I was hoping for. I was hoping to get the FE, but I was stuck in captcha hell on scan.co.uk for 40 mins trying to get to checkout with the gpu in my basket, only to see error messages every time the webpage slowly finished loading, and then "out of stock".

I ordered an Asus Dual model in the end from Overclockers, though that was only after having trouble authenticating my card details for an hour, resulting in me needing to give my bank a call twice before I could make a payment

Another day, another round of news:

SALES /PLAYER COUNT & DEALS

Wasteland 3 has reached 1 million players
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/wasteland-3-has-reached-1-million-players/
inXile Entertainment has announced that Wasteland 3 has reached 1 million players. In order to celebrate this announcement, the team released a short live-action film it shot a few years ago.

Blair Witch and Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered are free to own on Epic Games Store
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/blair-witch-and-ghostbusters-the-video-game-remastered-are-free-to-own-on-epic-games-store/
Epic Games has announced that Blair Witch and Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered are currently free to own on Epic Games Store. From today and until November 5th, PC gamers can visit their EGS pages and acquire their free copies.
>> And next week the free game will be "Wargame: Red Dragon".

GOG sees the release of two new games:

And Fanatical has launched the new Reaper Bundle 7, with 10 games at a 98% discount: https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/reaper-bundle-7

SOFTWARE & DRIVERS

NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 457.09 WHQL driver offers optimal performance in Watch Dogs Legion
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/nvidia-geforce-game-ready-457-09-whql-driver-offers-optimal-performance-in-watch-dogs-legion/
NVIDIA has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 457.09 WHQL driver offers optimal performance in Watch Dogs Legion.
Furthermore, this driver provides optimal day-1 support for DiRT 5, Ghostrunner, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered, and Xuan-Yuan Sword VII.
It’s also worth noting that this driver fixes a number of crashes. For instance, it resolves a crash to the desktop when starting a race in Forza Motorsport 7. It also fixes some crashes when launching when For Honor on GeForce RTX 30 series graphics cards.
>> Available from here.

MODS, EMULATORS & FAN PROJECTS

Crytek shuts down unofficial Crysis Remaster in Cryengine 5.6.6
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/crytek-shuts-down-unofficial-crysis-remaster-in-cryengine-5-6-6-crysis-enhanced-edition/
Back in September 2020, we informed you about an unofficial remaster of the original PC Crysis game in Cryengine 5.6.6. This remaster was promising to introduce a lot of new graphical features, and bring the original game to a brand new version of Cryengine. However, it appears that Crytek has shut down this project.
Spotted by Reddit’s balubalai, the creator of this mod has confirmed that Crytek has not approved this project (which basically means that it shut it down).
>> They can't stand that someone else could make a better remaster than them.

GAMING NEWS

Multiplayer action-RPG, The Ascent, is coming to the PC in 2021
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/multiplayer-action-rpg-the-ascent-coming-to-pc-in-2021/
Curve Digital announced today that multiplayer action-RPG The Ascent will launch on the PC in 2021. To celebrate this announcement, developer Neon Giant has put together a short video to showcase an update on development and illustrate a variety of features.

Far Cry 6 and Dirt 5 will support Ray Tracing Shadows & Variable Rate Shading
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/far-cry-6-dirt-5-ray-tracing-shadows-variable-rate-shading/
AMD has announced that Far Cry 6 and Dirt 5 will have real-time Ray Tracing effects via DirectX 12 Ultimate. Alongside these two games, AMD confirmed that Godfall, WoW: Shadowlands and The Riftbreaker will also have Ray Tracing effects.

Serious Sam 4 Update 1.05 released, brings Halloween content, improves animations, fixes bugs
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/serious-sam-4-update-1-05-released-brings-halloween-content-improves-animations-fixes-bugs/
Croteam has released a brand new “Halloween” update for Serious Sam 4. According to the release notes, this patch adds some new content related to Halloween. Moreover, it improves animations (during cut-scenes), performance and stability.

Action RPG, Xuan-Yuan Sword VII, is now available on Steam
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/action-rpg-xuan-yuan-sword-vii-is-now-available-on-steam/
Now here is a pleasant surprise. SOFTSTAR has just released its latest action RPG, Xuan-Yuan Sword VII, on Steam. In order to celebrate this release, the company has also shared a launch trailer for this game that you can find below.

Watch Dogs Legion October 30th Update promises to improve PC & RTX performance
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/watch-dogs-legion-october-30th-update-promises-to-improve-pc-rtx-performance/
Ubisoft has announced that Watch Dogs Legion will receive a brand new update tomorrow. According to the team, this patch will bring RTX and overall performance improvements on the PC.

Star Wars Squadrons Mandalorian Update fixes the high refresh rate/framerate issue
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/star-wars-squadrons-mandalorian-update-fixes-the-high-refresh-rate-framerate-issue/
Earlier this month, we informed you about a bug that prevented Star Wars Squadrons from running with high framerates on high refresh rate monitors. And today, we are happy to report that the Mandalorian Update has finally resolved this issue.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.