By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

OLED will probably have better pixel response and input lag anyway. And OLED > VA by far. Funny thing is I can imagine the 43" ASUS costing more than a far superior TV/monitor - HDR 1000 so must be using FALD.

Around the Network
hinch said:

OLED will probably have better pixel response and input lag anyway. And OLED > VA by far. Funny thing is I can imagine the 43" ASUS costing more than a far superior TV/monitor - HDR 1000 so must be using FALD.

It's Asus, of course it wil cost more.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Guys you can just look at revenue, with switch selling a lot it's not close. This is from newzoo, no idea if they are accurate.

https://newzoo.com/insights/articles/game-engagement-during-covid-pandemic-adds-15-billion-to-global-games-market-revenue-forecast/

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Afaik, Steam doesn't disclose their sales numbers and it's quite hard to track digital sales from all of the store fronts that pc has so I'd take all "estimates" with a grain of salt. With that being said, I wouldn't doubt if combining all consoles game sales is bigger than pc game sales.

Mobile games revenue is nuts though.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

So consoles are basically dead.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

A couple months ago there was an article about the history of videogames by its revenue, and the numbers were a bit different:

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/50-years-gaming-history-revenue-stream/

(Follow the link to open the picture in another tab to see it better).

Since the article is from November 23, the 2020 data is incomplete or just a guess, but yeah, mobile is a monster.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Valve's Source 2 Engine is possibly getting RTX/Raytracing support

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

JEMC said:

A couple months ago there was an article about the history of videogames by its revenue, and the numbers were a bit different:

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/50-years-gaming-history-revenue-stream/

(Follow the link to open the picture in another tab to see it better).

Since the article is from November 23, the 2020 data is incomplete or just a guess, but yeah, mobile is a monster.

Man people spend an absorbent amount on F2P micro-transactions. This is why we can't have nice things (in gaming) :P

vivster said:

So Steam is basically almost as big as all consoles combined. Now if you add all the other clients to it it seems PC gaming is indeed bigger than console gaming.

Also add in non clients like League and Roblox/Minecraft and you're looking at an insane amount of players on PC.

I really think console folk do not quite fathom just how large PC's userbase is. They seem to just look at Steam charts (which not everyone using Steam opts into) and make their bold claims, completely ignoring all the other clients and standalone games that have rather vast followings. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

So the 3080Ti might actually be a thing. Leaked from Palit.

https://videocardz.com/newz/palit-submits-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-rtx-3050-ti-and-rtx-3060-to-eec

Last edited by hinch - on 15 January 2021