By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

If I'm not mistaken, just for Vampire and Ancestors it's worth the price... if you like those games, of course.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Intel Core i9-11900K “Rocket Lake-S” breaks CPU-Z barrier of 700 points with all cores at 5.2 GHz

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-core-i9-11900k-rocket-lake-s-breaks-cpu-z-barrier-of-700-points-with-all-cores-at-5-2-ghz

Now the key thing to remember is that because it's a OC score, you can OC the 5000 series and get pretty close. Still, quite hard to deny the gen on gen improvements as the 10700K on single core is able to hit 571 when OC to 5.2Ghz.

Alder Lake and Zen 4 gonna be one interesting fight.

I wonder why they call 5.2Ghz allcore a stock setting. Unless all motherboards auto-overclock and totally dismiss PL1 to run at 250W all the time, the chip won't run at that clock speed without overclocking.

Also, the fact that the 11700K leads in singlecore vs the 5800X but loses in multicore probably means that Rocket Lake can't hold it's clock speed all too well under extended periods of load.

Rhonin the wizard said:

The games for January 2021 Humble Choice have been revealed.

• PC Building Simulator
  • Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey
  • Pathologic 2
  • Warhammer: Chaosbane
  • Total Tank Simulator
  • SONG OF HORROR COMPLETE EDITION
  • Not Tonight
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York
  • Tales of the Neon Sea
  • Minoria
  • Deleveled
  • The Ambassador: Fractured Timelines

Got 4 games out of this list already (PC Building Simulator; Warhammer: Chaosbane; Not tonight and finally V:TM - Shadows of New York), so I'll pass this month.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Intel Core i9-11900K “Rocket Lake-S” breaks CPU-Z barrier of 700 points with all cores at 5.2 GHz

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-core-i9-11900k-rocket-lake-s-breaks-cpu-z-barrier-of-700-points-with-all-cores-at-5-2-ghz

Now the key thing to remember is that because it's a OC score, you can OC the 5000 series and get pretty close. Still, quite hard to deny the gen on gen improvements as the 10700K on single core is able to hit 571 when OC to 5.2Ghz.

Alder Lake and Zen 4 gonna be one interesting fight.

I wonder why they call 5.2Ghz allcore a stock setting. Unless all motherboards auto-overclock and totally dismiss PL1 to run at 250W all the time, the chip won't run at that clock speed without overclocking.

Also, the fact that the 11700K leads in singlecore vs the 5800X but loses in multicore probably means that Rocket Lake can't hold it's clock speed all too well under extended periods of load.

Idk, either shitty journalism or shitty marketing loll.

Also in other news, we get to take a look at Intel's new 500 series chipset... And...

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-z590-b560-and-h510-chipset-logos-revealed

Pretty meh tbh.

The problem with this chipset which will also be in their Z series boards is the fact that you have PCI-E 3.0 going through the chipset in 2021...

So as a summary assuming nothing changes.

Intel 500 series: PCI-E 4.0 x16 for GPU. PCI-E 4.0 X4 for first Nvme. PCI-E 3.0 for the rest.

Vs

AMD X570: PCI-E 4.0 X16 for GPU. PCI-E 4.0 X4 for first Nvme. PCI-E 4.0 for the rest.

There is some level of nonsense when a Flagship Intel platform in 2021 can't match AMD's Flagship from 2019 in terms of features. But hey, least there's a new logo!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Now the one advantage of going pci-e 3.0 for the chipset instead of pci-e 4.0 is the fact that you don't need a fan for the motherboard but since the uplink is x8, you can still have some of the flagship goodies like multiple nvme and additional usb ports and etc.

But then you get the Dark Hero and lul at Intel fanboys.

Thank you Asus

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Rhonin the wizard said:

The games for January 2021 Humble Choice have been revealed.

• PC Building Simulator
  • Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey
  • Pathologic 2
  • Warhammer: Chaosbane
  • Total Tank Simulator
  • SONG OF HORROR COMPLETE EDITION
  • Not Tonight
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York
  • Tales of the Neon Sea
  • Minoria
  • Deleveled
  • The Ambassador: Fractured Timelines

Pretty solid month overall with the bold been games I would of purchased at some point and some of the others look quite interesting at first glance.

Around the Network

*** NEW CONTEST ***

HEXUS EPIC Giveaway Day 19: Win one of two Zadak upgrade bundles https://hexus.net/tech/features/cooling/147114-day-19-win-one-two-zadak-upgrade-bundles/

The two winners will get a Spark AIO Lite liquid cooler (240mm), a 16GB (2x8GB) Spark RGB DDR4-3200 memory kit, a carrying bag and t-shirt.

This contest is GLOBAL.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

AMD has a new patent...

AMD patents GPU chiplet designs, a future of RDNA architecture?
https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-patents-gpu-chiplet-designs-a-future-of-rdna-architecture
A new patent submitted to the US Patent Office on December 31 describing the AMD approach to potential GPU chiplet design. The manufacturer has outlined the problematic structure of such a design and explained how it would be possible to avoid them in the future.

Check the article for more info and diagrams, but their solution to the problem is... an interposer to connect it all.

Bought my mainboard. I also bought the rest of the parts which should all arrive in time for next weekend.

I'm still having trouble to get a PSU. All the ones I want aren't available. The only one I could actually buy is the Dark Power Pro 12, but I still think while it's the greatest PSU ever made it's still wasted money for 350€. I'd rather get a Corsair AX850 or Dark Power Pro 11 which are 100€ less, but they are nowhere to be found. I might have to go with the expensive one.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Well, congrats for finally finding the mobo, and most of the other parts. The PSU part sucks, tho.

So, I'm thinking of giving the new Assassin's Creed games a try, starting with Origins (of course), and I'm wondering, are the two story DLCs worth the 6 € of difference between the standard edition (11.99 €) and the gold editon (17.99 €)?