By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Looking to go the next step to upgrade my living room setup. I decided I don't really want to switch between PCs with a KM switch and I'm fine with having 2 sets of mouse and keyboard lying around. So right now I'm looking for a wireless keyboard and mouse combo. For my SPC I'm using a cheap Logitech combo, for my GPC I'll try to get something other than Logitech to avoid crosstalk or some other nonsense.

Looking at the usual combos I can only find the regular "office" peripherals which aren't enough for me because for gaming I'd like to have a 5 button mouse. I don't need any gaming features and neither mouse nor keyboard should be bulky. Of course the keyboard should not be mechanical because I'm not an animal.

For a mouse I'll take the Steelseries Rival 3 because I love Steelseries. Sadly Steelseries doesn't have wireless keyboards so I'm still looking for that.

edit: apparently nobody except Logitech and no-name brands make wireless keyboards. The only other keyboard I could find was the Corsair K57.

edit: Got the K57 and I'll see how it works out. Wireless gaming keyboards seem to all be shit.

Last edited by vivster - on 26 December 2020

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Looks like Epic Games Launcher is causing idle temps to spike on Ryzen cpus

https://hothardware.com/news/epic-games-shenanigans-with-cpus

20C difference in temps when Epic Games Launcher is active vs being closed.

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 26 December 2020

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

And some people still wonders why people ar so wary of the Epic Store.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Wow, not only shitty frontend developers but also shitty backend developers. They sure can do it all.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Looking to go the next step to upgrade my living room setup. I decided I don't really want to switch between PCs with a KM switch and I'm fine with having 2 sets of mouse and keyboard lying around. So right now I'm looking for a wireless keyboard and mouse combo. For my SPC I'm using a cheap Logitech combo, for my GPC I'll try to get something other than Logitech to avoid crosstalk or some other nonsense.

Looking at the usual combos I can only find the regular "office" peripherals which aren't enough for me because for gaming I'd like to have a 5 button mouse. I don't need any gaming features and neither mouse nor keyboard should be bulky. Of course the keyboard should not be mechanical because I'm not an animal.

For a mouse I'll take the Steelseries Rival 3 because I love Steelseries. Sadly Steelseries doesn't have wireless keyboards so I'm still looking for that.

edit: apparently nobody except Logitech and no-name brands make wireless keyboards. The only other keyboard I could find was the Corsair K57.

edit: Got the K57 and I'll see how it works out. Wireless gaming keyboards seem to all be shit.

I have a K57 w/ lapboard and G305 for living room gaming. Both work pretty well but I wish the keyboard were quieter w/ red lights (not blue) and while the G305 gets great battery life its thumb buttons suck.

My living room web browsing is mostly done on an old K400, though. Typing and tracking could be better but the battery life is insane and its served me well for several years, now.

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:
vivster said:

I have a K57 w/ lapboard and G305 for living room gaming. Both work pretty well but I wish the keyboard were quieter w/ red lights (not blue) and while the G305 gets great battery life its thumb buttons suck.

My living room web browsing is mostly done on an old K400, though. Typing and tracking could be better but the battery life is insane and its served me well for several years, now.

I'm using the Logitech MK540 for my SPC right now and it's really great for that. Battery life for both mouse and l keyboard are amazing. Typing on those weird flat keys took some getting used to but is fine now. But it would suck for serious gaming. I was initially looking at the K800 but it seems to have the same keys, so I went for the K57 which has proper keys.

Good thing is I won't use my gaming KBM too often so battery life isn't any concern and neither should the RGB be a problem.

*** NEW CONTEST ***

HEXUS EPIC Giveaway Day 13: Win an NZXT upgrade bundle https://hexus.net/tech/features/chassis/147108-day-13-win-nzxt-upgrade-bundle/

The prizes are:

1st: a H510 Matte White chassis, a Kraken Z53 liquid cooler and a C850 PSU.
2nd: a H1 Matte White mini-ITX case

Sadly, this contest is limited to UK ONLY.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

New Rocket lake chips leaked, and it's a big downer.

The i9 11900 and i7 11700, both without K, have only a base clock of 1.8Ghz with a TDP of 65W PL1. PL2 is set at 224W, and with that they can reach 4.2Ghz and 4Ghz Allcore - but for how long? For comparison's sake, the 4700G has twice the base clock with 3.6Ghz at 65W, the 4700GE with just 35W still has a base clock of 3.1Ghz.

Also, what's the point of the 11900 if the 11700K is faster in every way (3.4Ghz base; 4.3Ghz Allcore boost)? In fact, what's the point of the i9 on Rocket Lake in general since it's just slightly higher clocked i7.

I'd wait until making any judgements on those parts because all ew got so far is info from Engineering Samples, and those never have final clok speeds.

i can tell you that epic store temp rise doesn't only happen with ryzen

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.