By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

TallSilhouette said:
JEMC said:

Don’t expect to be playing Star Citizen’s single-player campaign, Squadron 42, anytime soon
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/dont-expect-to-be-playing-star-citizens-single-player-campaign-squadron-42-anytime-soon/
Cloud Imperium has issued a new progress update, in which it revealed that Squadron 42 is nowhere close to being complete. As such, the team does not plan to show any gameplay footage for this game for the foreseeable future. In fact, you should not expect to be playing this single-player space combat game anytime soon.

I used to joke (years ago) that by the time Star Citizen goes gold, the PS5 would be out and capable of running it. I might have to change that to PS6 now.

Yeah, but that is Squadron 42, a singleplayer game that will never come out, not to be confused with the multiplayer space sim Star Citizen that will also never come out.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:
JEMC said:

Don’t expect to be playing Star Citizen’s single-player campaign, Squadron 42, anytime soon
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/dont-expect-to-be-playing-star-citizens-single-player-campaign-squadron-42-anytime-soon/
Cloud Imperium has issued a new progress update, in which it revealed that Squadron 42 is nowhere close to being complete. As such, the team does not plan to show any gameplay footage for this game for the foreseeable future. In fact, you should not expect to be playing this single-player space combat game anytime soon.

I used to joke (years ago) that by the time Star Citizen goes gold, the PS5 would be out and capable of running it. I might have to change that to PS6 now.

I think you can safely change it to the then-current Nintendo Handheld/hybrid console at this rate

Merry Xmas guys enjoy the holidays!

Last edited by hinch - on 25 December 2020

Thanks you too! I'll enjoy staring at my new PC without a cpu

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

Thanks you too! I'll enjoy staring at my new PC without a cpu

At least you have something new to stare at

Merry Christmas to all.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

*** NEW CONTESTS ***

It's one of those look for X kind of contests but, since it's Christmas, here's a hint... it's on an MSI review. Just kidding! They're all reviews of MSI products. But I can tell you that it's not on the first two articles, if you know what I mean...

The prize consists of: an 8TB WD_Black D10 Game Drive, a 500GB WD_Black SN850 NVMe SSD and a 4TB WD_Black Performance Desktop Hard Drive

Sadly, I think only Chazore will be able to opt for this prize because it's for UK ONLY.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

*** NEW CONTESTS ***

The prizes are:

1st prize: A NH-D15 chromax.black CPU cooler, 4x NF-F12 PWM chromax.black.swap fans and NT-H2 10g thermal paste.
2nd prize: An NH-U12A CPU cooler, four NF-A12x25 fans plus NT-H2 10g thermal paste.
3rd prize: An NF-P14S redux-1500 PWM fan, an NF-P12 Redux-1700 PWM fan, and another tube of NT-H2 10g thermal paste.

This contest is GLOBAL.

Hey vivs, and others that haven't been able to get hold of an RTX 3080, it looks like you'll be able to get something better "soon"

ASUS Confirms GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 20 GB & GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB ROG STRIX Custom Graphics Cards
https://wccftech.com/asus-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-20-gb-geforce-rtx-3060-12-gb-rog-strix-custom-graphics-cards-leak/
ASUS has confirmed two upcoming NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 series graphics cards, the GeForce RTX 3080 Ti & the GeForce RTX 3060. Both of these graphics cards are scheduled for launch in early '21 but ASUS has already listed them under their supports and services page.

Leaving the monster aside, isn't it ridiculous how the 3060 will have more memory than the 3070?

JEMC said:

Hey vivs, and others that haven't been able to get hold of an RTX 3080, it looks like you'll be able to get something better "soon"

ASUS Confirms GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 20 GB & GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB ROG STRIX Custom Graphics Cards
https://wccftech.com/asus-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-20-gb-geforce-rtx-3060-12-gb-rog-strix-custom-graphics-cards-leak/
ASUS has confirmed two upcoming NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 series graphics cards, the GeForce RTX 3080 Ti & the GeForce RTX 3060. Both of these graphics cards are scheduled for launch in early '21 but ASUS has already listed them under their supports and services page.

Leaving the monster aside, isn't it ridiculous how the 3060 will have more memory than the 3070?

I assume you mean "able to get" as in "not able to get at all".

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

JEMC said:

No, it ain't ridiculous. Eventually, most Ampere cards (or at least Ampere chips) will have two memory options:

RTX 3050 / 3050 Ti / 3060 with 6 GB or 12 GB
RTX 3060 Ti / 3070 / 3070 Ti with 8 GB or 16 GB
RTX 3080 / 3080 Ti with 10 GB or 20 GB
RTX 3090 with 24 GB

People who don't need the additional memory don't have to pay for it (focus on higher fps in 1080p or 1440p).

People who want or need the extra memory (focus on highest image quality / resolution) have the option to buy the more expensive versions with more memory.

Last edited by Conina - on 26 December 2020