Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news

Zarx changed his avatar again. Thoughts?

Noice 244 61.62%

So soon? I just got used to the last one 13 3.28%

it sucks 21 5.30%

Your cropping skills are lacking 13 3.28%

Too noisy, can't tell WTF it even is 13 3.28%

Meh 31 7.83%

Total:335

Thanks! Yeah I did read some reviews and its seems to perform pretty well . Think it slots just below a 970 Pro but thats fine, its only going to be used for games. The TBW (endurance) was what sold me on the drive.

I was thinking of going 1TB initially but I decided to go 2 so I can fit more games on there. And I currently only have one slot for a drive, so thought 'why not' xD

Around the Network

Yea I am thinking to go 2TB SSDs from now on too. Capacity is really starting to hurt, specially with Modern Warfare hitting close to 250GB of space. Next gen gonna kill capacity!

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

My thoughts exactly. With next gen consoles coming up we should have more games with higher quality assets that should include 4k and 8k textures. Will keep a couple of mainstay games on there and the new stuff. And MW is 250GB now??! Crazy. Wow, glad I went with 2TB now.

Also not sure how I missed that last part of the Big Navi rumour.. 2.4Ghz is nuts if thats top end SKU.

Captain_Yuri said:
Speaking off hard to swallow prices...

ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 ROG STRIX GUNDAM

https://videocardz.com/newz/asus-unveils-geforce-rtx-3090-rog-strix-gundam-edition

$2,530 USD

Also Big Navi rumour:

Navi 21 XT
16GB GDDR6
255W TGP
~2.4 GHz (Game Clock)

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-navi-21-xt-to-feature-2-3-2-4-ghz-game-clock-250w-tgp-and-16-gb-gddr6-memory

By that pricepoint, they could just as well have added a real gundam with the GPU.

New rumors about the next Radeon GPUs:

Apparently the Navi 21 is coming as 6900XT and with a whooping 2.4 Ghz Gameclock - and only 255W TBP. Which probably means that AMD will overtake NVidia in terms of performance per Watt.

Around the Network

Yea I posted that earlier. I believe the 2.4 Ghz is 200 mhz higher compared to what was in the kernal leak but that would be impressive clock speeds if true.

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

As long as I can download 100Gb within an hour I don't need much storage space for games. When I want to play an older game that I already uninstalled I'm gonna know that long enough in advance.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Captain_Yuri said:
Speaking off hard to swallow prices...

ASUS GeForce RTX 3090 ROG STRIX GUNDAM

*snip*

https://videocardz.com/newz/asus-unveils-geforce-rtx-3090-rog-strix-gundam-edition

$2,530 USD

*normal reaction*

Also Big Navi rumour:

Navi 21 XT
16GB GDDR6
255W TGP
~2.4 GHz (Game Clock)

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-navi-21-xt-to-feature-2-3-2-4-ghz-game-clock-250w-tgp-and-16-gb-gddr6-memory

The guy that decides the pricing at ASUS got a stroke and no one has noticed yet. First the stupidly expensive monitor and now this. It's beyond stupid.

The Navi 21 rumor is interesting, as is the rest of the article:

"What you should know however is that this data from Patrick is not based on AMD reference design. We have already been told that there are reference-based samples clocking up to 2.3 GHz, but there are also cards reaching 2.4 GHz. Those, however, are AIB models. A cut-down version (Navi 21 XL) should be clocked at around 2.2 GHz, our sources believe."

By that, we can infer that this is known info that most, if not all, the people in the industry are aware of, giving it some credibility. It also points at AIBs having cards ready or almost ready for launch day when we had some rumors saying otherwise.

"The big unknown is still the XTX variant. It all appears that Navi 21 XTX is AMD exclusive. It is possibly a higher clocked version with more CUs enabled, but AIbs have no further information at the moment."

While Navi 21XT is Big Navi, there seems to be an even bigger Navi. Personally, I don't think it will have more CUs, it will just be a binned Navi 21 XT with higher clocks like the RX 5700 XT 50th anniversary.

hinch said:

Damn, not sure what market ASUS is aiming for that one. A hardcore Gundam/gaming enthusiast?

In preparation of Cyberpunk and Shadowlands I bought my first NVMe.

Now just GPU and CPU to go :o

Congratulations! Now you won't be able to read the tips and advices on load times.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Thanks JEMC :) Yeah, not going to miss that lol.. definitely beats running them off the ol' harddrive! Hopefully we get games optimized for RTX IO or AMD's equivalent soon as well.

Gonna be a game changer for big game worlds like RPG's.

Don't know if anybody posted this before, but we got some first benches for the 5950X in SiSoft Sandra.

There, AMD's next flagship beats it's predecessor, the 3950X, between 9 and 25%, depending on the task, all of them multithreaded. The i9 10900K is beaten by 50-80%, which isn't all that surprising considering this battle is 10 vs 16 cores, but still massive.