By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Friday news, part two:

Truck Simulator players can earn goodies for delivering gifts
https://www.pcgamer.com/truck-simulator-can-earn-goodies-for-delivering-gifts/
The Christmas Giving event is set return to Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator today, with this year's theme being giving wisely. The Christmas Wise Giving event tasks European and US truckers with delivering gifts to the cities that need them the most while trying to their targets and, naturally, get themselves some rewards.

Landlord's Super gets painting, decorating, and period-appropriate phone boxes
https://www.pcgamer.com/landlords-super-gets-painting-decorating-and-period-appropriate-phone-boxes/
Landlord's Super was released on early access in April this year and, while it was pretty barebones, we found something strangely compelling about building your own estate in 80s Britain and necking a load of pints. Maybe it's just nostalgia for when pubs were still a thing.
A new update has arrived for the game that introduces painting and decorating, allowing players to paint what they wish upon plasterboard (as above) as well as chucking up wallpaper. There's also now carpets, wooden flooring, and tiles for the bathroom which according to the patch notes "protect other elements of the house from tenant damage." For a building simulator, albeit a semi-comedy, this is a pretty big deal and should make your creations a hundred times more interesting.

Fortnite is getting Unreal Engine mod support for Creative mode
https://www.pcgamer.com/fortnite-creative-mod-support/
Epic Games has announced that Fortnite Creative Mode will be updated in 2021 with a slew of Unreal Engine 5 creation tools, including the ability to import custom assets, dramatically increasing the range of possibilities Fortnite players have when making custom maps.

Glen Schofield wants The Callisto Protocol to be 'the most terrifying game of all time'
https://www.pcgamer.com/glen-schofield-wants-the-callisto-protocol-to-be-the-most-terrifying-game-of-all-time/
The Callisto Protocol was revealed at The Game Awards last week, and it was a pretty big deal for horror fans. It looks a lot like a new Dead Space, and that's no coincidence: Its developer, Striking Distance Studios, is headed up by Glen Schofield, formerly the general manager of original Dead Space developer Visceral Games.

Riot is working on a League of Legends MMO
https://www.pcgamer.com/riot-is-working-on-a-league-of-legends-mmo/
Riot Games is recruiting for a "massive" new game project, which we learned today will be an MMO set in League of Legends' Runeterra universe. The company's VP of IP and Entertainment, Greg Street, nonchalantly confirmed it on Twitter today.

Rainbow Six Siege's reputation system is now live, but you can't see it
https://www.pcgamer.com/rainbow-six-sieges-reputation-system-is-now-live-but-you-cant-see-it/
As part of Ubisoft's ongoing efforts to combat toxic behavior, Rainbow Six Siege is getting a reputation system that will reward positive behavior and discourage jerks. In fact, Ubisoft revealed today that it already has one: It's just running in the background right now, where nobody can see it.

Rainbow Six: Siege celebrates its fifth anniversary with a limited time 'year one' mode
https://www.pcgamer.com/rainbow-six-siege-celebrates-its-fifth-anniversary-with-a-limited-time-year-one-mode/
Rainbow Six: Siege is five years old, and to celebrate Ubisoft is taking the game back to its roots. The time-limited Legacy Arcade mode runs until January 5, and reverts a game that has been tremendously well-supported and revamped over the years to roughly how it was in its first year. The maps go back to they way they were and looked then, the original 20 operators have their original loadouts, and while Tachanka players may not love the thought, everyone else will.

Shinji Mikami's Tango made an unreleased game about four-inch cockroaches gunning down humans
https://www.pcgamer.com/shinji-mikamis-tango-made-an-unreleased-game-about-four-inch-cockroaches-gunning-down-humans/
Shinji Mikami, president of Tango Gameworks and one of the great directors, recently spoke to Variety to mark his 30 years in the games industry. As well as some enjoyable recollections about his days at Capcom making various Resident Evil titles (Resi 4 was such a departure because "It just felt more fun"), Mikami digresses into the earlier days of Tango Gameworks, and speaks about a smaller project that, though completed, has never seen the light of day.

And let's end the news taking a look at the deals at GOG and Steam:

+GOG

+Steam

That's all folks! Until the next time, have a happy and gaming weekend.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
green_sky said:

I'll take all the free games Epic is giving. Not playing most of them but hey i'll take some i might try and end up liking. Buying expensive day 1 games have been so disappointing this gen for me. Bought way less than last gen and still ended up being terrible. 

Let's see. Here are some i bought day 1. 

Red Dead Redemption 2: Gorgeous looking game, graphics are nice and pretty stable and all running on PS4. Gameplay so slow and boring, takes forever to look someone. All the fun just sucked out of it compared to first one. Didn't finish. 

Last of Us Part 2: Another sequel to one of my fav games from last gen. Similar to Red Dead, technical marvel in visuals and sound design. It kind of misunderstood (imo) what made the first one so good to lots of people or they just chose to ignore it. Just one of the most disappointing, sad (literally) games i've ever played. Ludonarrative dissonance to the max. Am done with the franchise. I hope they make so many more for people who liked it. Finished this one, should have stopped half way to keep my sanity. 

Cyberpunk 2077: Had it preordered for PS4 for long time. Didn't have my current pc back then. This one is more entertaining than previous two without me even me putting it into the console. All the drama and the company's bad decision to put it on last gen consoles. Sure they are weak and what not but it just goes to show, whatever power you give game developers. It is always going to be less. Always pushing graphics and overpromising. Will play it on my 5050 Ti or sooner. 

Black Ops 4: Oh yea bought this also. Was entertaining and played a lot. Now that i haven't subbed to ps plus. It is basically useless. Multiplayer behind paywall is one of the most anti consumer ideas. 

Lot of these games just make me feel like maybe i should watch a tv show or read a book and that is what i end up doing. 

On pc front i bought Overwatch for full price. Despite the annoyance that comes with playing a super fast moba. Am still playing it. Lot of the esports kinda titles atleast try to be games. 

Tldr: Most games are not worth it at launch. Trash, bloated, buggy, pseudo movies. Wait for sale and you'll get patched version. 

I haven't bought a game on day one in ages.

Nowadays it makes a lot more sense to wait a year or two and get the fixed version of the game with most if not all the additional content included for half the launch price.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

So... I got my Christmas bonus yesterday... 5950x it is!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Epic's new free game is Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty.

Captain_Yuri said:

Congrats.

I don't know why you're going for it since a 5800X will be as good for gaming but, if you want it and can afford it, why not? Enjoy it.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Congrats.

I don't know why you're going for it since a 5800X will be as good for gaming but, if you want it and can afford it, why not? Enjoy it.

It just feels kinda weird to pair a 5800x with a Dark Hero loll, especially with the way the rest of my computer is going. With all the stuff that happened this year, I just want to check off "building a god tier pc" off of my bucket list.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

Congrats.

It just feels kinda weird to pair a 5800x with a Dark Hero loll, especially with the way the rest of my computer is going. With all the stuff that happened this year, I just want to check off "building a god tier pc" off of my bucket list.

And there's nothing wrong with it.

*** NEW CONTEST ***

Guru3D 2020 December 18th contest: 4TB Rocket Q4 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/guru3d-2020-december-18th-contest-4tb-rocket-q4-nvme-pcie-4-ssd.html

The guys at Guru3D have posted it a lot later than usual but well, better late than never, right?

Captain_Yuri said:

First you diss my 5900 and now this.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

JEMC said:

*** NEW CONTEST ***

Guru3D 2020 December 18th contest: 4TB Rocket Q4 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/guru3d-2020-december-18th-contest-4tb-rocket-q4-nvme-pcie-4-ssd.html

The guys at Guru3D have posted it a lot later than usual but well, better late than never, right?

Nice. thanks. Know the answer by any chance? Too lazy to look it up lol.