Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news

Zarx changed his avatar again. Thoughts?

Noice 244 61.62%

So soon? I just got used to the last one 13 3.28%

it sucks 21 5.30%

Your cropping skills are lacking 13 3.28%

Too noisy, can't tell WTF it even is 13 3.28%

Meh 31 7.83%

Total:335
hinch said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Holy crap gratz.

Thanks loll. Wasn't planning on the 3090 let alone the most expensive 3090 but... Here we are!

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Around the Network

Haha fair enough. Awesome card... If you have the funds why settle for less xD

Captain_Yuri said:
Cyran said:

Impressive you manage to grab one before it sold out.  What time today did Newegg have them available?

At 4:58 PM PST. There's a trick to newegg that you can do to higher your chances. If you go on their mobile app, they have a wishlist function. You add all the cards that you want to their wishlist and it's very easy to refresh on the mobile app. As soon as one of the cards become available, there is a "Add All to Cart" button and then quick checkout via Paypal. And that's how I go this one loll.

The important thing are the bot discord servers, without them, you would have no idea when once of these cards would come into stock.

Thank for the advice and congratulations on your new GPU.  I got that same card pre-order currently with a estimated shipping date of oct 19th.  It previously said Oct 13th so am skeptical it will actually ship that day but I give them a chance.

If not I give the discord bots a try next week and just cancel the preorder if I manage to land one.

Cyran said:
Captain_Yuri said:

At 4:58 PM PST. There's a trick to newegg that you can do to higher your chances. If you go on their mobile app, they have a wishlist function. You add all the cards that you want to their wishlist and it's very easy to refresh on the mobile app. As soon as one of the cards become available, there is a "Add All to Cart" button and then quick checkout via Paypal. And that's how I go this one loll.

The important thing are the bot discord servers, without them, you would have no idea when once of these cards would come into stock.

Thank for the advice and congratulations on your new GPU.  I got that same card pre-order currently with a estimated shipping date of oct 19th.  It previously said Oct 13th so am skeptical it will actually ship that day but I give them a chance.

If not I give the discord bots a try next week and just cancel the preorder if I manage to land one.

Thanks! Hopefully yours comes in time cause all this waiting is quite draining. Now all I need is a delivery date and hopefully it doesn't get cancelled!

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

My 750 Watt PSU right now:

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
My 750 Watt PSU right now:

Hopefully it doesn't sweat later. Would hate for the sweat to ruin your new GPU...

Now, where was the door again...

At this point I'm also willing to splurge on a 3090, just to have something.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

JEMC said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Was to be expected that it had some mix of different architectures, The GPUs of PS4, XBO, X360 and PS3 all were built in such a way.

And the PS4 Pro has some features from the RDNA architecture as well, if I'm not mistaken.

But it's still a bit weird that they mixed both aechitectures instead of going with a full RDNA2 chip. We'll see if the rumor/leak is true or not.

It wouldn't be surprising given the PS4/XB1 are a mixture of GCN 1.0 and 1.1 features. These consoles need to have their specs more or less ready at least 6 - 9 months before the new GPUs' designs are finalized, remember.

Captain_Yuri said:

**I've made a huge mistake pic**

Congratulations, or not? I don't know. In any case, I hope you enjoy it. And remember, at least you won't be VRAM limited for a loooong time XD.

haxxiy said:
JEMC said:

And the PS4 Pro has some features from the RDNA architecture as well, if I'm not mistaken.

But it's still a bit weird that they mixed both aechitectures instead of going with a full RDNA2 chip. We'll see if the rumor/leak is true or not.

It wouldn't be surprising given the PS4/XB1 are a mixture of GCN 1.0 and 1.1 features. These consoles need to have their specs more or less ready at least 6 - 9 months before the new GPUs' designs are finalized, remember.

Yeah, that's true, but there had always been some time between AMD's new cards and the consoles launch that gave that way of working some sense. After all, the PS4/X1 launched almost 18 months after the first GCN cards and some months before the second gen cards hit the market, so it made sense use a mixed approach. The same goes for PS4 Pro/XOX, that launched years before the first RDNA cards did.

But this time both the consoles and GPUs will launch together, and so it confuses me why they didn't go with a full RDNA 2.0 design. After all, and knowing how this works, it's guaranteed that AMD has had prototypes running for many months now.

But well, maybe those rumors about Sony co-developing the chip had some ground and Sony had exclusive rights to use it for its machine, and that's why Microsoft and AMD went with a mixed design.

We will see.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
haxxiy said:

Yeah, that's true, but there had always been some time between AMD's new cards and the consoles launch that gave that way of working some sense. After all, the PS4/X1 launched almost 18 months after the first GCN cards and some months before the second gen cards hit the market, so it made sense use a mixed approach. The same goes for PS4 Pro/XOX, that launched years before the first RDNA cards did.

But this time both the consoles and GPUs will launch together, and so it confuses me why they didn't go with a full RDNA 2.0 design. After all, and knowing how this works, it's guaranteed that AMD has had prototypes running for many months now.

But well, maybe those rumors about Sony co-developing the chip had some ground and Sony had exclusive rights to use it for its machine, and that's why Microsoft and AMD went with a mixed design.

We will see.

The first GCN 1.1 cards launched a few weeks before the PS4/XB1, not some months after. So there's that.