By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Game loading time comparisons  -  PC+NVMe (Sabrent Rocket Gen 4) > PS5 > Series X > HDD

A relatively fast Gen 3 NVMe will easily be able to keep with consoles in this regard.

Last edited by hinch - on 13 November 2020

Around the Network

I will be interested to see the comparisons with RTX IO/Direct Storage vs Ps5/Series X as those game will actually be optimized to use the SSDs to their full potential

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Yeah true most of these games aren't designed around SSD's in mind. Interesting times ahead. If we can get sub 10 seconds for something like GTA 6 that would be nice. I thought the sub 2 seconds load times like Spiderman Miles Morales was very impressive.

Can't wait for RTX IO to drop, its just the waiting game now.

Last edited by hinch - on 13 November 2020

hinch said:

Game loading time comparisons  -  PC+NVMe (Sabrent Rocket Gen 4) > PS5 > Series X > HDD

A relatively fast Gen 3 NVMe will easily be able to keep with consoles in this regard.

Feels weird how the Xbox is always tied with PS5 when it's supposedly only half as fast.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It feels like there's a certain level of Parity going on in both sides. You have Ps5 being comparable to the Series X on DMCV while we know that the Series X in theory should be faster. Then you have these SSD load times where the Series X is comparable to the Ps5 while we know that the PS5's SSD in theory, should be faster.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Epic Games offers 3000+ assets from What Remains of Edith Finch for free
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/epic-games-offers-3000-assets-from-what-remains-of-edith-finch-for-free/
Epic Games, Annapurna InteractiveRemove and Giant Sparrow are offering for free over 3000 assets from What Remains of Edith Finch. According to Epic, this is an Unreal Engine initiative that brings free high-quality content to all creators.
Epic claims that this will be the first in a series of new, free content coming to the Unreal Engine Marketplace from teams across the community. As such, creators can expect more free content from other Unreal Engine games to be available for free on the Unreal Engine Marketplace.

Nice.

@vivster

Well yeah these are last gen games. We won't see much difference in games designed around HDD's. Even a TOTL Gen 4 SSD won't benefit much yet.

Like literally any SSD will do atm on PC.

hinch said:

Absolutely not surprised by the R* & Ubisoft games tbh, both companies that hardly port all that well to PC (it's either running bad or it's "demanding"), but the other results are more promising, esp with what CDPR have managed. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
hinch said:

Absolutely not surprised by the R* & Ubisoft games tbh, both companies that hardly port all that well to PC (it's either running bad or it's "demanding"), but the other results are more promising, esp with what CDPR have managed. 

Yeah neither have a good history with ports with PC in particular. Maybe its because they are open world games and needed to be coded differently? I have clue lol. Tomb Raider came out with a nice surprising result.

But yeah hopefully Cyberpunk will be a good test for our new gear :)

vivster said:
If consoles want optimized games they should've used Nvidia GPUs.

The yalready tried that with the original Xbox and the PS3. It didn't work.

Captain_Yuri said:

In other news:

"The mining perf of 6800 XT is a bit higher than 5700 XT, much lower than RTX 3080."

https://twitter.com/kopite7kimi/status/1327125321422868480?s=20

*pic*

For Nvidia people anyway...

WTF? A few days ago the rumors said the complete opposite, claiming that the 6800 was as fast if not faster than the 3090. Oh, well, another proof that not all rumors are true.

At least this gives AMD a chance to increase their marketshare among gamers.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.