By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Where in the actual tits is the Crosshair Dark Hero ASUS?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
JEMC said:
hinch said:

RT support for RX series cards (from the get-go) for Cyberpunk is great to hear. If only we have a real confirmation of the release and no more delays!

What makes me smile more about this confirmation is that I'm sure Nvidia prepared a nice ad campaign promoting Cyberpunk 2077 and how their cards would be the only way to properly experience the game thanks to being the only RT capable cards, and they've had that ad stored in a drawer since September, waiting for the game to release to make use of it... and now it's useless.

It's silly, and a bit petty from my part, but it brings a small smile to my face.

True. They probably prepped an RTX campaign for this game. This is why good competition is great for everyone. This reminds me of the old battle of features harking back in the day when physics was big. PhysX vs Havok

Captain_Yuri said:
Where in the actual tits is the Crosshair Dark Hero ASUS?

Rumor has it it might be coming next week.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Conina said:

I just canceled the Asus 3070 Dual I ordered last week. The shop put the order on hold and meanwhile my friend was able to get an Asus TUF 3070 OC for me.

So glad because I prefer quiet graphic cards:

And today my Ryzen 5800X order got through and is already on its way:

Grats man. I've canceled my Asus too. I was 430 in queue last week and this week I'm 387, so I wouldn't have got my gpu until 2021 at the rate that queue was moving.

I did manage to find a Zotac 3070 oc in stock, 1 left which I managed to grab. I'm not that happy about the price (£600 including postage) which is almost as much as a 3080 fe, but "time is money" or something like that, and I really don't want to be spending any more time refreshing pages and checking stock for days/weeks.

My cpu is still an i7 4790k btw. I'll see how that runs with a 3070. I hear there isn't much bottleneck at all at 4k surprisingly, but we'll see.

^Congratulations on your purchase, even if it's been a costly one.

In any case, it looks like the supply issue will also affect AMD:

ASUS expects Radeon RX 6800 series to be sold out within minutes
https://videocardz.com/newz/asus-expects-radeon-rx-6800-series-to-be-sold-out-within-minutes
ASUS Nordic representative, David Hammer, has commented on Radeon RX 6800XT and RX 6800 graphics card stock situation at launch. According to the message posted on SweClockers forums, ASUS is expecting cards to sell out quickly – the stock might be gone within a few minutes, he adds.

It is no secret that custom models will be available a bit later. We were told that the embargo on RX 6800 partners cards ends a week later than reference models, but the date has not been confirmed yet. It would make sense for the AIB cards sale embargo to lift on November 25th though.

ASUS representative claims that the supply of Radeon RX 6800XT models will be even more limited than the non-XT series. The latter features a 60 CU variant of Navi 21 graphics processors and a slightly less capable cooling solution. This model is rated at 250W TBP, while the 6800XT and 6900XT are both 300W.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Who knows, maybe I can get a Strix 6900X sooner than a Strix 3080.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Might be sooner than you think. AiB 6900XT's incoming..

For all the people planning on getting 5000 series Ryzen a interesting video on how memory configuration is affecting performance and not in the typical timing/frequency way but how many Dims are used.

The testing in this video focus on 2x8 vs 4x8 single ranked.  I think more testing need to be done for higher memory modules and single vs dual rank memory to get a full picture but it a good first look especially if you planning on 8gb modules it might be worth the cost to get 4 instead of 2. For 16gb and 32gb I would like to see some testing reviews on.

What if you had 4x8 dual ranked? :P

Already knew that from their previous testing of RAM. That's why I don't feel bad for paying a high premium for 4x8GB 3600 CL14 RAM. Now I just need to see a test that confirms that 3600 is just as good as 3800.