Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx's PC gaming emporium - Catch up on all the latest PC Gaming related news

Zarx changed his avatar again. Thoughts?

Noice 244 61.62%

So soon? I just got used to the last one 13 3.28%

it sucks 21 5.30%

Your cropping skills are lacking 13 3.28%

Too noisy, can't tell WTF it even is 13 3.28%

Meh 31 7.83%

Total:335
Chazore said:

I had a bad feeling when MS started listening less and less to Inside users when testing their OS updates and going with test servers instead, that this sort of bullshit would get an easy pass into being a thing.

I'm not familiar with this, but at first glance, this doesn't seem like a testing issue. I mean, surely MS must have an approval process for drivers etc. to ensure Windows Update doesn't distribute malware? Then again, maybe some companies get free pass because of how reliable they are considered?

Chazore said:

This is as bad as the times someone would get adware on their PC, only this shit is somehow authorised.

Heh. I tried to search for information about this... thing, and ran into some Reddit discussions. The most prominent search result was the discussion on r/steelseries, where people seemed to really, really want to defend SteelSeries on the grounds that since you're already using Windows 10, you're basically consenting to telemetry and whatever, so this is a non-issue at all. The nerve of some people...

Windows 8 was a mess and Windows 7 is not supported anymore, so unless I want to play with fire in regards to security (I don't), Windows 10 is the only option. I mean, I could go for Linux, but gaming on Linux is still far from what gaming on Windows is... I'd love to switch to Linux though, but it's just not practical.

Around the Network

Calm before the storm

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Jay bringing up a good point for AMD only bothering to market their card on Fornite. Makes more sense when you take into account what's going on between Epic and Apple.

Got some more GPU pictures/leaks from Team Red. This time from Jayztwocents. Take the second one with a grain of salt.

Yes he keeps putting the mouse cursor in front of the pictures that he got from his source.

Also if you are an AMD fan, I wouldn't watch the video as he kinda harsh, I'd say unnecessarily so on a few aspects.

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

It has that 80's future look to it I kinda like it lol.

Around the Network

Ampere Deep Dive by GN in case yall want some Foreplay before tomorrow.

TLDW: It's faster

Captain_Yuri said:

Got some more GPU pictures/leaks from Team Red. This time from Jayztwocents. Take the second one with a grain of salt.

Yes he keeps putting the mouse cursor in front of the pictures that he got from his source.

Also if you are an AMD fan, I wouldn't watch the video as he kinda harsh, I'd say unnecessarily so on a few aspects.

Dammit Yuri, I already posted Jay's vid lol.

I gotta agree with him though, it feels like they are straight up copying the 2080 FE's design. Being a bit late to the party with a design like that isn't exactly stellar innovation. 

I know why he got harsh though. I saw his TL on twitter and AMD fans were basically grilling him for criticising the ad campaign, for using Fornite, which again, I agree it was a really dumb idea and more childish marketing. He wanted the images and high quality pictures up on their website, just like most people do. Those arguing in favor of only slapping low poly 3D renders on a PVP based game are just a bunch of Karens (literally, check their profile pics and bio's, there are a bunch of old married karens stanning for fornite marketing).

AMD could have done this just after the 3000 series reveal, and still use Fornite, but at the same time UPLOAD the real pictures, not some renders, to their own website and also do a youtube vid. A fucking intern can whip that shit up in a day. 

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Dammit Yuri, I already posted Jay's vid lol.

I gotta agree with him though, it feels like they are straight up copying the 2080 FE's design. Being a bit late to the party with a design like that isn't exactly stellar innovation. 

I know why he got harsh though. I saw his TL on twitter and AMD fans were basically grilling him for criticising the ad campaign, for using Fornite, which again, I agree it was a really dumb idea and more childish marketing. He wanted the images and high quality pictures up on their website, just like most people do. Those arguing in favor of only slapping low poly 3D renders on a PVP based game are just a bunch of Karens (literally, check their profile pics and bio's, there are a bunch of old married karens stanning for fornite marketing).

AMD could have done this just after the 3000 series reveal, and still use Fornite, but at the same time UPLOAD the real pictures, not some renders, to their own website and also do a youtube vid. A fucking intern can whip that shit up in a day. 

To be fair, I was working on getting the screenshots

Yea like I get the Fortnite and I think RTG is stupid for doing that but I do think his criticism of it looking like founders and the overall design of it is a bit overblown. Like yea the red won't fit with every case but AMD's GPUs are known to be the Red team. I think that part from him was a bit nonsense cause it won't be the only cooler to choose from as there's going to be AIB.

I do agree with the Fortnite nonsense though. It really just felt like an Advertisement for Fortnite more so than anything.

Not long now till we see dem reviews!

Captain_Yuri said:

TLDW: It's faster

Wow, breaking NDA already, that's ballsy.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.