By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

DF did their Crysis Remastered video:

TLDW: Garbage

Alright fine, not completely garbage but still a disappointment... There are certainly a number of things that are better than the original no doubt like ray tracing, new textures, much better shadows, draw distance and etc. But there's also a good number of things that are worse and missing. 30 fps animation on certain vegetation, questionable lighting in some aspects, horrible cpu optimization, can't lean, vegetation not reacting to explosions and etc. It's mainly due to the fact that it's based on the ps3/360 version which had to cut many features of the original Crysis. So.... Skip until they fix their shit.

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 21 September 2020

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I know screenshots don't show the full story but if you told be the left one was the remaster I would believe you o.O

The only one one I prefer is the second to last image, where the lighting is better there for that scene.

hinch said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I may regret saying this one day since no one knows where the future is headed but...

Personally I would rather have MS buy studios than have them get money hatted by Sony and get made exclusive. As a PC gamer, it's nonsense every time Sony or any company does an exclusivity and since then we gotta wait 1 year or more until it comes to PC. Like FFVIIR. Plays like shit on Playstation 4 but I don't have a choice until it comes to PC. If it were out on PC on day one, would have had fap worthy frame rates and modders would fix the PS2 textures.

With MS buying Bethesda, now I don't have to worry about ES6 or any of the next Bethesda/ID games getting money hatted by Sony outside of the two that are coming out and I am thankful for that.

Actually, if you say it like that. That's true. Timed exclusives always sucks. I just worry that stuff will become more platform agnostic.

I still enjoy some third party games on consoles, and this just feels like dangerous waters. That and I just think that Microsoft now owns Doom, and potentially can fuck it up, irks me.

Yea the worry some part is when shit changes. I think MS's current management is great. They are doing all the right moves that is making gaming a more positive thing imo. The question becomes how will things change if new management happens. Don Mattrick was terrible so what if we get a new Don Mattrick after Phil? Then you know Xbox and everything is gonna get fucked. So while it's great right now imo, the future might be questionable.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Yeah I'll remain optimistic for now. If it means Microsoft can fund TES and speed up development time, great. We will have to see.

I just see devs like Lionhead and Rare get destroyed and I still smh.. I just don't like these kind of corporate moves lol.

Some of you seem to hav weak memory. It wasn't so long when you were complaining that MSoft kept their PC games exclusively on the Microsoft Store. Do you really think that, if they get more and more studios and popular IPs, they won't try that again?

And remember that Bethesda already tried that not so long ago making Fallout 76 and Rage 2exclusive to Bethesda.net.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

On another note, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the latest rumor/leak about Navi:

AMD Navi 21 “Big Navi GPU” For Radeon RX 6900 XT Reportedly Features 16 GB VRAM, Radeon RX 6000 Cards With Navi 22 Get 12 GB VRAM

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-6000-series-navi-21-16-gb-navi-22-12-gb-gpu-vram/

The specifications for AMD's Radeon RX 6000 series graphics cards have reportedly been confirmed by Rogame. According to his information, AMD's next-generation RDNA 2 (Navi 2X) lineup of GPUs would initially feature two chips with vastly different memory configurations.

That means that either Big Navi uses a 256 or 512-bit memory bus, more likely the former if rumors are to be believed, and that regular Navi goes for 192 or 384-bit, again probably the former as i don't recall AMD going with 384-bit before. I'm not sure if the bandwidth will be enough for those chips.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Probably but I am a gamepass user and the only way to use gamepass on PC is through their store so nothing will change for me. If they decide to say fuck it, no more games on PC. That is when this will become urghh worthy.

hinch said:
I think it sucks for the industry. I have a feeling more and more of these deals are going to pop up during this generation. I'm just glad I mostly game on PC lol

Still won't ever sign up for GP though its a great deal if they come on release day one.

Yes. I'm afraid there'll be a rush to the market as the big players consolidate their GAAS platforms with a focus on streaming in the long term. And I don't think Steam will be immune to the shockwaves.

What is a bad picture of the gaming future if there ever was one.

JEMC said:

On another note, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the latest rumor/leak about Navi:

AMD Navi 21 “Big Navi GPU” For Radeon RX 6900 XT Reportedly Features 16 GB VRAM, Radeon RX 6000 Cards With Navi 22 Get 12 GB VRAM

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-6000-series-navi-21-16-gb-navi-22-12-gb-gpu-vram/

The specifications for AMD's Radeon RX 6000 series graphics cards have reportedly been confirmed by Rogame. According to his information, AMD's next-generation RDNA 2 (Navi 2X) lineup of GPUs would initially feature two chips with vastly different memory configurations.

That means that either Big Navi uses a 256 or 512-bit memory bus, more likely the former if rumors are to be believed, and that regular Navi goes for 192 or 384-bit, again probably the former as i don't recall AMD going with 384-bit before. I'm not sure if the bandwidth will be enough for those chips.

Cool. A mainstream mid level card with 12GB would be shway. And 16GB for Navi 21.

Lets hope it can pull its punches!

Captain_Yuri said:

I may regret saying this one day since no one knows where the future is headed but...

Personally I would rather have MS buy studios than have them get money hatted by Sony and get made exclusive. As a PC gamer, it's nonsense every time Sony or any company does an exclusivity and since then we gotta wait 1 year or more until it comes to PC. Like FFVIIR. Plays like shit on Playstation 4 but I don't have a choice until it comes to PC. If it were out on PC on day one, would have had fap worthy frame rates and modders would fix the PS2 textures.

With MS buying Bethesda, now I don't have to worry about ES6 or any of the next Bethesda/ID games getting money hatted by Sony outside of the two that are coming out and I am thankful for that.

As much as I don't like MS dicking around, I would too rather them buy these up over Sony/Ninty, because I sure as hell ain't going to go out and splash 400+ for another piece of plastic that doesn't sport what I want from gaming, as well as a box I'm going to just buy 2-4 games on, and then let it gather dust for 5+yrs. 

Also I fucking hate the Sony+EGS dynamic that those two have going, so I'd rather MS pull a fast one on those two and don't stop until the other two fuck off or fold. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"