By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Zkuq said:
vivster said:

Here is something fun for everyone who hates Epic.

RL launched the big new Update. Now requires Steam users to link their account to Epic. Cannot link account to Epic because they are giving me errors. Cannot play Rocket League. Not even singleplayer.

I am pretty sure they explicitly said that you would not require an Epic account if you didn't want to link multiple accounts. So that was a fucking lie.

edit: Correction, you can actually get into the game if you click on "create". It will then take you to the normal main menu, but no servers are up.

I'm seriously considering getting a refund now. I would not have bought the game in the first place had I known it requires an account (let alone an Epic account). Well, sounds like it doesn't really require one, but I'm not interested in an extra click every time I open the game, especially when it sounds like said click opens a website in my browser. The practical harm of needing an Epic account is absolutely zero for me since I've had an Epic account for years (originally for fooling around with Unreal Engine), but don't want to support at all how Epic is doing what it's doing.

(Also, having to click 'Create' to not have to use an Epic account is scummier than what Microsoft does with the Windows 10 installation and Microsoft account.)

Issues seem to be resolved now. I assume it only worked without creating an account because the servers were fucked and sent you to the main menu as a fallback. Try it now and tell me how it went.

People's biggest complain right now is the removed "quick play" button, which I hated anyway. So everything's dandy for now. Can't wait to get my new GPU so I can experience this Epic game in 4k and gsync.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I guess I was right when I said the next FF couldn't possibly worse than FFXV. Problem is it really does not look better -.-

Fuck that gritty bullshit. I want my whimsy and magical FF back :(

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

claiming RL will make the saints row remaster finally free for me:)

im anti remaster but for free im sold gehehe

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Fuck Yes

Edit. Sony made a mistake and it will be playstation 5 exclusive

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 16 September 2020

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

vivster said:
Zkuq said:

I'm seriously considering getting a refund now. I would not have bought the game in the first place had I known it requires an account (let alone an Epic account). Well, sounds like it doesn't really require one, but I'm not interested in an extra click every time I open the game, especially when it sounds like said click opens a website in my browser. The practical harm of needing an Epic account is absolutely zero for me since I've had an Epic account for years (originally for fooling around with Unreal Engine), but don't want to support at all how Epic is doing what it's doing.

(Also, having to click 'Create' to not have to use an Epic account is scummier than what Microsoft does with the Windows 10 installation and Microsoft account.)

Issues seem to be resolved now. I assume it only worked without creating an account because the servers were fucked and sent you to the main menu as a fallback. Try it now and tell me how it went.

People's biggest complain right now is the removed "quick play" button, which I hated anyway. So everything's dandy for now. Can't wait to get my new GPU so I can experience this Epic game in 4k and gsync.

I might try it... at some point. I'm in no rush to accept the new EULA, just in case I could get a refund because of a changed EULA unless I accept it. Anyway, that's some poor error handling in the game. I'm not sure if crashing would have been better or worse here...

vivster said:
I guess I was right when I said the next FF couldn't possibly worse than FFXV. Problem is it really does not look better -.-

Fuck that gritty bullshit. I want my whimsy and magical FF back :(

I'm kind of happy they dropped the technology for a change. I think IX might have been the last single-player Final Fantasy that had no significant technology (well, at least I think so, since it's still in my backlog). That said, the trailer definitely wasn't very convincing, but this is Final Fantasy so I'll definitely keep an eye out for it.

Around the Network

Hogwarts Legacy announced, Avalanche, 2021, Coming to PS4, PS5 , PC and Xbox family

https://hogwartslegacy.warnerbrosgames.com/

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Hogwarts Legacy is actually the game I am looking forward to the most. Which is such a sad thing to say for a press conference that contained both FF and GoW.

^ not really because its something new and fresh and not the same millionth gameplay incarnation with a different coat of paint

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

How? The game will give you a $10 voucher and SR is $30.

On another note, looks like this gen we'll see a lot more "console exclusives" than last, maybe they all will be like this.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
kirby007 said:

How? The game will give you a $10 voucher and SR is $30.

On another note, looks like this gen we'll see a lot more "console exclusives" than last, maybe they all will be like this.

got another voucher thats valid untill januari