By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Yeah looks great. Can also say that for people planning on getting one and gaming at 1440P (UW and otherwise) we should get better results once Zen 3 CPU's are out. It looks like they are CPU bound there.

Around the Network

So I'll probably gonna get the 3080. Next question is the CPU.

I'll buy the GPU immediately and put it into my old rig to test stuff.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Still no way to actually buy it. Might have to go outside into a real shop.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The Wednesday news:

SALES /PLAYER COUNT & DEALS

GOG has a new sale:

Steam has eight new sales, six of them Midweek Madness deals:

And Fanatical has a new Star Deals, plus new bundles for BundleFest:

SOFTWARE & DRIVERS

-empty-

MODS, EMULATORS & FAN PROJECTS

-empty as well-

GAMING NEWS

Fallout 76 Update 22 released, is 25GB in size, full patch notes revealed
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/fallout-76-update-22-released-is-25gb-in-size-full-patch-notes-revealed/
Bethesda has released a brand new update for Fallout 76. According to the release notes, Update 22 is around 25GB on the PC, introduces Daily Ops, and forces creature levels to adjust dynamically to more closely match character levels.

The Invincible is a first-person sci-fi thriller from former The Witcher 3 & Cyberpunk 2077 developers
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-invincible-is-a-first-person-sci-fi-thriller-from-former-the-witcher-3-cyberpunk-2077-developers/
Starward Industries, a studio formed by former The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077 and Dying Light developers, has announced a new next-gen game, The Invincible. The Invincible is a first-person sci-fi thriller, and below you can find its first official details and screenshots.

Crytek releases an official 8K Tech Trailer for Crysis Remastered
https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/crytek-releases-an-official-8k-tech-trailer-for-crysis-remastered/
Crytek has just released an official 8K tech trailer for Crysis Remastered, showcasing some of its new graphical features. The game will feature high-quality textures up to 8K resolution, Global Illumination (SVOGI), state-of-the-art depth of field, new light settings, motion blur, Ray Tracing and more.

Official PC system requirements for Watch Dogs Legion
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/official-pc-system-requirements-for-watch-dogs-legion/
Ubisoft has just revealed the official PC system requirements for Watch Dogs Legion. According to the specs, PC gamers will at least need an Intel Core i5-4460 or AMD Ryzen 5 1400 with 8GB of RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 or AMD Radeon R9 290X.

Mafia Definitive Edition Official PC System Requirements
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/mafia-definitive-edition-official-pc-system-requirements/
2K Games and Hangar 13 have just revealed the official PC system requirements for the Mafia Remake, Mafia: Definitive Edition. According to the specs, PC gamers will at least need an Intel Core-i5 2550K or AMD FX-8120 with 8GB of RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870.

Fortnite Ray Tracing & DLSS 2.0 will be available on September 17th
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/fortnite-ray-tracing-dlss-2-0-will-be-available-on-september-17th/
Earlier this month, NVIDIA revealed that Fortnite will add support for both DLSS 2.0 and Ray Tracing. And today, the green team announced that Epic Games will release this highly anticipated RTX Update for Fortnite on September 17th. Furthermore, the green team plans to release a new GeForce Game Ready Driver on the very same day.
>> It all comes together at the same time.

Amnesia Rebirth releases on October 20th
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/amnesia-rebirth-releases-on-october-20th/
In March 2020, Frictional Games revealed the next part in its Amnesia series, Amnesia: Rebirth. And yesterday, the team announced that this new Amnesia game will release on October 20th. In order to celebrate this announcement, the team has also released a new trailer that you can find below.

Twin Mirror is coming to Epic Games Store on December 1st
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/twin-mirror-is-coming-to-epic-games-store-on-december-1st/
Bandai Namco and DONTNOD Entertainment announced that Twin Mirror will launch on December 1st on the PC via the Epic Games Store. In order to celebrate this announcement, the teams have released a brand new trailer that you can find below.

Horizon Zero Dawn Patch 1.05 released, fixes Aloy’s hair animation issues, resolves crashes
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/horizon-zero-dawn-patch-1-05-released-fixes-aloys-hair-animation-issues-resolves-crashes/
Guerrilla Games has released a brand new update for Horizon Zero Dawn. According to the changelog, this patch addresses the animation issues with Aloy’s hair when running the game with more than 30fps. Furthermore, this patch unlocks the framerate of shader animations (e.g. hologram locks on doors, GAIA in cinematics, etc).
>> Well, they're going slow but steady at fixing the game.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

The news, the sequel:

The next chapter of Deltarune will be out in 2020, Toby Fox says
https://www.pcgamer.com/the-next-chapter-of-deltarune-will-be-out-in-2020-toby-fox-says/
In an update on the Undertale front page, its sole creator Toby Fox shares his thoughts on the game on its fifth anniversary, and goes into detail on the development of its follow-up Deltarune.

Fall Guys' mid-season update 'Big Yeetus and Anti-Cheatus' is live now
https://www.pcgamer.com/fall-guys-mid-season-update-big-yeetus-and-anti-cheatus-is-live-now/
Just a week after hinting at the update, and a day after sharing its story about Cheater Island, Mediatonic released the "Big Yeetus and Anti-Cheatus update", a name which handily tells you about two of its main aspects. The, er, biggest new addition is Big Yeetus, also previously announced, a hammer that can appear in different rounds and literally yeet you across the stage. The "Anti-Cheatus" part meanwhile refers to the previously announced implementation of Epic's anti-cheat engine.

Non-VR version of Paper Beast to release October 20
https://www.pcgamer.com/non-vr-version-of-paper-beast-to-release-october-20/
Developer Pixel Reef, led by Eric Chahi, just announced that Paper Beasts, the former PSVR exclusive which released in VR for PC just last month, will also be available as Paper Beast. Folded, a version for players without a headset from October 20.

Rocket League goes free to play on the Epic Games Store next week
https://www.pcgamer.com/rocket-league-goes-free-to-play-on-the-epic-games-store-next-week/
Psyonix announced in July that its automotive soccer game Rocket League would be going free to play, and moving to the Epic Games Store, later this summer. Today the studio revealed that the big changeover will take place on September 23, and will be preceded by a major cross-platform update that will go live tomorrow.

Hellish rhythm action first-person shooter BPM is out now
https://www.pcgamer.com/hellish-rhythm-action-first-person-shooter-bpm-is-out-now/
Most of the time, if I'm playing a fast-paced first-person shooter I'll mute the in-game music and put on Napalm Death's Scum instead. But you can't do that in BPM: Bullets Per Minute, because if you don't pay attention to the music you'll lose. It's a rhythm-action roguelike where you shoot to the beat, reload to the beat, jump to the beat, dash to the beat... you get the point.

Halo composer Martin O'Donnell revealed a Halo Wazzup spoof, in case you needed to feel ancient today
https://www.pcgamer.com/halo-composer-martin-odonnell-revealed-a-halo-wazzup-spoof-in-case-you-needed-to-feel-ancient-today/
As Halo's OG composer, Martin O'Donnell enjoys posting some seriously nostalgic footage to his YouTube channel now and then, both related to his music and the Halo universe at large. In that vein, he made a video on "Halo The Movies", a DVD of all cinematics made until 2002, including footage from before the official announcement of Halo: Combat Evolved in 1999.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
  Captain_Yuri said:

Alright, from what I can tell, Nvidia's claims were pretty on point. While it's not a straight 2x 2080 in every game, it's still quite massive in a lot of them. DF's % also match what we are seeing in the final results. It's also a pretty big performance gain from the 2080 Ti as well.

This is gonna be one fap worthy card boys!

Compared to the RTX 2080, that's 25% more in 1080p, 51% in 14440p and 66% in 2160p.

Compared to the RTX 2080 Ti, it's 14% to 31% faster, depending on the resolution.

Not that great to be honest, considering how much power it is guzzling in a more advanced node. In TechPowerUp's benchmark average, it's actually less efficient or comparable to RDNA 1.0 and Turing in anything but 4K.

AMD actually had a larger perf/watt increase even with the Radeon VII compared to Vega, and that was using the exact same architecture in a nascent, low power-optimized, manufacturing node...

haxxiy said:
  Captain_Yuri said:

Alright, from what I can tell, Nvidia's claims were pretty on point. While it's not a straight 2x 2080 in every game, it's still quite massive in a lot of them. DF's % also match what we are seeing in the final results. It's also a pretty big performance gain from the 2080 Ti as well.

This is gonna be one fap worthy card boys!

Compared to the RTX 2080, that's 25% more in 1080p, 51% in 14440p and 66% in 2160p.

Compared to the RTX 2080 Ti, it's 14% to 31% faster, depending on the resolution.

Not that great to be honest, considering how much power it is guzzling in a more advanced node. In TechPowerUp's benchmark average, it's actually less efficient or comparable to RDNA 1.0 and Turing in anything but 4K.

AMD actually had a larger perf/watt increase even with the Radeon VII compared to Vega, and that was using the exact same architecture in a nascent, low power-optimized, manufacturing node...

Yea at lower resolutions, it's not as massive of a leap but who the heck is gonna buy this card to play games at 1080p? This a card that is clearly targeted towards 4k where it sees quite a massive improvement. So I wouldn't doubt it's less efficient in lower resolutions than 4k.

And yea, the performance/watt gain vs Turing isn't very good but I'd like to see AMD bring better performance than what we are seeing with 3080 cause if all they end up doing is giving us a more power efficient card at lower performance, I couldn't care less. If RDNA 2 is more powerful though, then it would peak my interest.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Still bad for flight sim. Wait for 5050 Ti. 

KekW fun for now. 

Captain_Yuri said:
haxxiy said:

Yea at lower resolutions, it's not as massive of a leap but who the heck is gonna buy this card to play games at 1080p? This a card that is clearly targeted towards 4k where it sees quite a massive improvement. So I wouldn't doubt it's less efficient in lower resolutions than 4k.

And yea, the performance/watt gain vs Turing isn't very good but I'd like to see AMD bring better performance than what we are seeing with 3080 cause if all they end up doing is giving us a more power efficient card at lower performance, I couldn't care less. If RDNA 2 is more powerful though, then it would peak my interest.

Come on, is that sort of thinking that yielded absolute computing 'gems' like Netburst, Fermi, or Vega. Great designs like Athlon 64, Maxwell, or Zen, began by increasing efficiency. It's one of the main drivers of innovation in just about any market, after all. So, I'd say that's very relevant.

Much like lower resolutions seem relevant in a context where less than 3% of people play at 4K according to the most recent hardware survey. And Nvidia surely wants to increase the adoption of DLSS, which will be rendering games at 1080p or even lower. In this context, it just feels weird that the architecture apparently chokes at lower resolutions - and looking at framerates it isn't CPU bottleneck either, so there's that. 

haxxiy said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Come on, is that sort of thinking that yielded absolute computing 'gems' like Netburst, Fermi, or Vega. Great designs like Athlon 64, Maxwell, or Zen, began by increasing efficiency. It's one of the main drivers of innovation in just about any market, after all. So, I'd say that's very relevant.

Much like lower resolutions seem relevant in a context where less than 3% of people play at 4K according to the most recent hardware survey. And Nvidia surely wants to increase the adoption of DLSS, which will be rendering games at 1080p or even lower. In this context, it just feels weird that the architecture apparently chokes at lower resolutions - and looking at framerates it isn't CPU bottleneck either, so there's that. 

I mean, one of main cause of the efficiency issue with Ampere is going with Samsung's 8N which we know is most likely going to change with Hopper. Nvidia made a meh move going with Samsung which is something that we all know and it's not like anyone is denying the power hungry aspect of Ampere.

But a lot of it has to do with whether or not that power consumption gives you the performance which was one of the main issues with Vega. Vega cards had high  power consumption figures while giving you similar or less performance than cards with less power consumption and in the case of Vega VII, missing features like RT cores and Tensor Cores. VII 313 Watts vs 2080 226 Watts for example. If RDNA 2 can make Ampere look like that, then people will get on that hype train. Efficiency obviously matters but so does actual performance.

Yes but steam's hardware survey also shows 2080/2080 Ti are less than 1% respectively... The types of people that will be spending $700+ on a GPU are not gonna be the xx60 crowd...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850