By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

I saw that Jay video yesterday but couldn't watch all of it. The sheer negativity and pety complains put me off.

I get the Fornite complains, it's a silly marketing stunt that does little to promote your product, but the other complauins I saw? C'mon! "Oh, it has a red "accent" around the card, I don't like that" Yeah, like AMD hasn't been doing that since FOREVER. It's the red team and they've always done it, what was he expecting?!

And the shiny top of the fan blades? Like, really? The two most important things on a fan are that it works well and that it lasts. Besides, you won't notice that once the fans are spinning, not counting the fact that, once in a case, the fans will be under the card so you won't even see them.

Petty complains enhanced by the disclaimer almost at the start of the video "I'm a consumer. I got it for free but I'm still a consumer and that gives me the right to complain". First of all, you don't need to be a consumer to complain, that only legitimize what you say, but the fact here is that he's not a consumer, he's just a user. If I go to a library and pick a book, I'm a library user. To become a consumer I need to go to a book store and buy the f*cking book.

Semantics, I know, but there's a difference.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

To be fair, there isn't much else to complain about yet. There will be plenty of opportunity to complain about performance once the cards are released. So we get everything else out of the way now.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Reviews are up, looks like pcie4 isn't doing shit for performance.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Jesus depending on the game, the performance increase is massive!

RTX Off:

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 16 September 2020

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Here's videocardz review round-up, to check out lots of reviews: https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-founders-edition-review-roundup

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Ray Tracing will still kill it at Native 4k depending on the game though

And yes, the power consumption is quite bad...

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-founders-edition/31.html

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Looks like a killer card for 4K. And FE cooler is doing an amazing job.

Almost double to FPS in Metro (with RTX) over 2080 is impressive indeed :o

It's also predictably terrible at overclocking. With my OC 1080 I will get about 230% performance at 4k.

Seems the card is gonna get really loud when you increase the power target to 370W.

GPU Boost 5.0:

"RTX 2080 Ti ran 1350 MHz base clock, was rated for 1635 MHz Boost (+21%) and ended up at 1824 MHz actual measured average frequency in our tests (+35%)

The GeForce RTX 3080 Founders Edition ticks at a base clock of 1440 MHz, with rated boost set to 1710 MHz (+19%), achieving an average gaming frequency of 1931 MHz (+34%). Quite similar to the Turing. I'm still surprised that rated boost is so much lower than what's a realistic average frequency. This causes confusions among our readers from time to time, I guess NVIDIA is just playing it safe, taking no risk of overpromising."

Overclocking:

"The Founders Edition has a manual power limit adjustment range of up to 370 W, from a default of 320 W. "

"GDDR6X memory comes with an error-detection mechanism that is active on GeForce RTX 3080."

" With manual overclocking, maximum overclock of our sample is 1320 MHz on the memory (11% overclock), pretty impressive for a brand-new memory technology—I'm sure it won't be long before we see 20 Gbps or 21 Gbps GDDR6X officially. The maximum stable GPU overclock was 1855 MHz Boost, which increases average GPU clock from 1931 MHz to 1947 MHz (1% overclock)."

So not quite the 2000 mhz that I was hoping for but pretty close.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-founders-edition/39.html

Alright, from what I can tell, Nvidia's claims were pretty on point. While it's not a straight 2x 2080 in every game, it's still quite massive in a lot of them. DF's % also match what we are seeing in the final results. It's also a pretty big performance gain from the 2080 Ti as well.

This is gonna be one fap worthy card boys!

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 16 September 2020