By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Captain_Yuri said:
Pretty much. Founders feeling more and more likely, specially since the designs aren't shit.

I'm still holding off for a Ti. Even though the card will cost me, at least there's a pretty good chance that RAM and SSD's are coming down some more in price. Not to mention more than a handful of mobo's to choose from that support my CPU and has dual-channel support. All in all, I'm counting on approx. 3000$ for the rig, seems realistic enough.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Pretty much. Founders feeling more and more likely, specially since the designs aren't shit.

I'm still holding off for a Ti. Even though the card will cost me, at least there's a pretty good chance that RAM and SSD's are coming down some more in price. Not to mention more than a handful of mobo's to choose from that support my CPU and has dual-channel support. All in all, I'm counting on approx. 3000$ for the rig, seems realistic enough.

Yea that's a good choice. The Ti versions are usually the best versions if you can wait.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

vivster said:
If Asus doesn't show up for GPUs I will reconsider if I go with one of their mainboards. I don't want to reward mediocrity.

I think the Tuf series are the ones that are gonna show up at launch since I don't see any listings for their Strix series.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

Some pricing info for AIB cards are starting to come out.

3080:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=rtx%203080&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma

MSI 3080 is quite expensive at $900. Grr that premium isn't worth the extra mhz in core clock imo.

3090:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=rtx%203090&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma

$1900 for the top end MSI? Fuck dat.

These are still not official so still take it with a grain of salt.

Looks like I'll be going for Zotac at this rate, either that or Founders edition.

The 65c isn't that bad imo, considering the hottest my 1080ti goes is around that temp, and that's when playing a game like Dying Light at ultra settings 1440p 120fps, or Planetside 2 (I know that's more CPU intensive, but still likes to drive my GPU hot). 

Fuck ever paying 900 for a 3080 though, 700, less or bust for me as the rule for this card. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

FE looks to be the definitive version of the cards at launch. Well engineered and expensive cooler, cleaner looking 12-pin connection (assuming you can get a cable thats compatible with your PSU, or use that adapter) and apparently FE has a higher power limit for better headroom for overclocking, according to sources on Videocardz - this is a rumour though so take that as you will. Plus, it looks damn good.

The only issue is availability. I would shoot for those first if you want a FE. Get ready to F5 a lot on the 16th :P

Around the Network
hinch said:

FE looks to be the definitive version of the cards at launch. Well engineered and expensive cooler, cleaner looking 12-pin connection (assuming you can get a cable thats compatible with your PSU, or use that adapter) and apparently FE has a higher power limit for better headroom for overclocking, according to sources on Videocardz - this is a rumour though so take that as you will. Plus, it looks damn good.

The only issue is availability. I would shoot for those first if you want a FE. Get ready to F5 a lot on the 16th :P

Yeah, by far the sleekest looking design. I might go for FE, or Zotac, maybe even that Animu one that Yuri posted before. All 3 have decent looking designs. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Take a first look at the design of the new Radeon RX 6000 series. Our upcoming @amd
#RDNA2 graphics cards will feature a brand new cooler design, and you can study every angle yourself on our Fortnite Creative Island. 8651-9841-1639.

That is one sexy beast! Hot Damn! That's how you do Red Evga...

Founders/Reference coolers bringing it this gen! The fortnite part is kinda stupid though...

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 14 September 2020

So this mooreslawdead guy claims that those founders editions will be superrare because the cooling system is expensive as fuck and tries to create artificial scarcity while advertising the FE low pricepoint. Foes ghis mean those FE cards sell at a probable loss?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Honestly he has been wrong about so many things and right about so little that I'd get verification than taking his word for it.

Chazore said:
hinch said:

Yeah, by far the sleekest looking design. I might go for FE, or Zotac, maybe even that Animu one that Yuri posted before. All 3 have decent looking designs. 

Nice.. I don't think you can go wrong with those. Some AiB models will probably offer more cooling due to the sheer mass of the heatsink and extra fan. It will most likely come down to preference. Its a bit of a shame that Nvidia shifted NDA to Wednesday, as it makes it harder for people to choose the right card to suit their needs. Really curious to see how each cards from each board partner, different SKU's and FE stack up against each other.