By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

I think I have chosen to go with the Asus Strix, The GPU just looks the best for me and it will sync up with my Asus motherboard.

https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-RTX3090-24G-GAMING/

The question now is, 3080 or 3090

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I won't decide on any card until I see their clocks.

I invite you to join me on my peasant trail and get a 3080 and save the money to instantly upgrade as soon as something better than the 3090 comes around.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I suppose it is better to get a 3080 and spend the extra $800-$900 Cad towards a new LG OLED TV instead of the 20% uplift in performance and keeping my current monitor.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Some of these designs are just...

Founders ed is starting to look way better by comparison, ngl. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Captain_Yuri said:
I think I have chosen to go with the Asus Strix, The GPU just looks the best for me and it will sync up with my Asus motherboard.

Who not wait for 3080Ti next year? If it follows the trend of past generations it'll yield performace between the 3090 and standard 3080 and hit that sweet spot on price.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Who not wait for 3080Ti next year? If it follows the trend of past generations it'll yield performace between the 3090 and standard 3080 and hit that sweet spot on price.

Well two main reasons.

I want to play Cyberpunk this holiday

There's always going to be new technologies the more you wait. 3080 Ti next year 4080 the year after that, etc. I like to get in on the launch cycle so I can upgrade when the next launch comes in.

I'm gonna guess the 4080 is not gonna be much better than a 3090, if even. Maybe if they already go for 5nm by then it'll be worth it to switch from a 3080.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Captain_Yuri said:
Mummelmann said:

Well two main reasons.

There's always going to be new technologies the more you wait. 3080 Ti next year 4080 the year after that, etc. I like to get in on the launch cycle so I can upgrade when the next launch comes in.

Yeah, this is more or less the deal I'd wanna go for, that is to say if I can even get a hand on a founders 3080dy Nov/Dev. 

Also I've waited this long with my 1080ti, so the jump looks a lot more decent than the 2000 series.

OT: Can someone please wake me up when AdoredTV stops working red team's shaft?. Nothing from Nvidia impresses the guy, he thinks AMD will win the entire war (he said this 3yrs ago), yada, yada. Guy reads a lot of technical info, but he just sounds like a smug AMD fan, who really wants AMD to just topple Nvidia. Like I want competition from both, but AMD ain't a pretty saint either (I wish he could see that side).

In his latest vid for the 3000 series, he even went on to say that Nvidia catching up with the latency tech as "it's good to see Nvidia finally catching up to AMD's fantastic software suite"

What "fantastic" software suite?. Where's DLSS, where's their version of GFN and GFE as well as shadowplay?. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 05 September 2020

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Captain_Yuri said:
Mummelmann said:

Well two main reasons.

I understand. I also want to play Cyberpunk as soon as possible, but I'll wait a little bit longer. I have to replace several parts (PSU, RAM, Motherboard, and probably CPU) and get a new monitor so it's going to cost me quite a bit. By the time the Ti cards come out, perhaps the insane prices on SSD and RAM here have gone down again as well (150$ for a 1TB disk is too much, and decently clocked RAM will cost me 230$ now for 32GB).

There's always gonna be new stuff, that much is true, but for me, the jump will be massive sitting on a 980Ti right now. A 3080Ti is probably 5,5-6 times faster when it releases.

Mummelmann said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Well two main reasons.

I understand. I also want to play Cyberpunk as soon as possible, but I'll wait a little bit longer. I have to replace several parts (PSU, RAM, Motherboard, and probably CPU) and get a new monitor so it's going to cost me quite a bit. By the time the Ti cards come out, perhaps the insane prices on SSD and RAM here have gone down again as well (150$ for a 1TB disk is too much, and decently clocked RAM will cost me 230$ now for 32GB).

There's always gonna be new stuff, that much is true, but for me, the jump will be massive sitting on a 980Ti right now. A 3080Ti is probably 5,5-6 times faster when it releases.

Yea that's going to be one massive jump for sure loll. Specially if you are upgrading other things.