By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

One cool thing is that RTX IO is also compatible with Nvidia's Turing as well as Ampere! So the 2000 series shouldn't get "left behind" with it comes to IO performance.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/rtx-io-gpu-accelerated-storage-technology/

"RTX IO is supported on all GeForce RTX Turing and NVIDIA Ampere-architecture GPUs."

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
hinch said:

Might be the first time I'm going reference design. The push/pull config looks like it might dump out heat outside. Whereas these AIBs look like radiators lol.

I probably won't get mine until few months later if not next year tbh.

Pascal Owners
Miners
Whales
Turing Owners
Covid
Scalping Bots

All gonna compete to order that shit. I personally won't be ordering from Nvidia directly as the first batch of their 2000 series had some serious hardware issues that needed to be RMA'd. Gonna hope that I can get on board with the second batch.

I'm def waiting till next year. Prices might be slightly cheaper by then as production ramps up.

I dunno why some here are thinking Big Navi will be better or the same as the 3080. It's got to do the same as the 3080 and cost less if they really want to beat that card. There's virtually no sense in going for the card if it costs less, but is dogshit with RT, because that should honestly be the main focus here, RT is moving forward with it's second gen, and it sounds batshit silly to go for Big navi, because it's cheaper, when the whole point is meant to be for RT. The whole 4k chase isn't what this platform is about (especially when we look at Steam stats and general forum talk), the 4k chase is marketed and boasted by consoles for the past few years. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I probably won't get mine until few months later if not next year tbh.

Pascal Owners
Miners
Whales
Turing Owners
Covid
Scalping Bots

All gonna compete to order that shit. I personally won't be ordering from Nvidia directly as the first batch of their 2000 series had some serious hardware issues that needed to be RMA'd. Gonna hope that I can get on board with the second batch.

I'm def waiting till next year. Prices might be slightly cheaper by then as production ramps up.

I dunno why some here are thinking Big Navi will be better or the same as the 3080. It's got to do the same as the 3080 and cost less if they really want to beat that card. There's virtually no sense in going for the card if it costs less, but is dogshit with RT, because that should honestly be the main focus here, RT is moving forward with it's second gen, and it sounds batshit silly to go for Big navi, because it's cheaper, when the whole point is meant to be for RT. The whole 4k chase isn't what this platform is about (especially when we look at Steam stats and general forum talk), the 4k chase is marketed and boasted by consoles for the past few years. 

The funny thing is, this isn't even Nvidia's primary goal. Rasterization performance is obviously a main thing and so is Ray Tracing. But Nvidia's main goal is DLSS and Ai Reconstruction. At this rate as huge leaps slow down and shitz get more expensive, there is going to be a land of diminishing returns and Nvidia's investment into DLSS and Ai is gonna pay off massively.

Like that Geforce Broadcaster thing they did was insane. They took a room that had no green screen and still managed to change it while keeping the human intact. Now idk how well that will work in practice but we know how good Nvidia's Ai is.

AMD meanwhile is struggling on Rasterization, hasn't even started Ray Tracing until November and "Machine Learning" performance of the Series X is worse than 2060.

Now obviously, AMD has something cooking cause Nvidia wouldn't price these the way they have unless they had a good reason to. So I think AMD will be competitive in Rasterization and to some extent, Ray Tracing. But the feature set that Nvidia is offering is like, yea sure, you have a GPU that might be able to keep up with a 3080 (Doubt it) in Rasterization. Most likely worse Ray Tracing performance but lets say for the sake of argument, same ray tracing performance. And that's it...

Meanwhile, Nvidia users not enjoy those benefits but also enjoy huge jumps in performance in those games that support DLSS + All the additional features that Nvidia GPU has to offer. Not to mention, the Driver nonsense that always plagues AMD GPU launches. But don't worry, it will be $50 cheaper.

But hey, it could change. I could also be a billionaire tomorrow. You don't know.

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 01 September 2020

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

The funny thing is, this isn't even Nvidia's primary goal. Rasterization performance is obviously a main thing and so is Ray Tracing. But Nvidia's main goal is DLSS and Ai Reconstruction. At this rate as huge leaps slow down and shitz get more expensive, there is going to be a land of diminishing returns and Nvidia's investment into DLSS and Ai is gonna pay off massively.

Like that Geforce Broadcaster thing they did was insane. They took a room that had no green screen and still managed to change it while keeping the human intact. Now idk how well that will work in practice but we know how good Nvidia's Ai is.

AMD meanwhile is struggling on Rasterization, hasn't even started Ray Tracing until November and "Machine Learning" performance of the Series X is worse than 2060.

Now obviously, AMD has something cooking cause Nvidia wouldn't price these the way they have unless they had a good reason to. So I think AMD will be competitive in Rasterization and to some extent, Ray Tracing. But the feature set that Nvidia is offering is like, yea sure, you have a GPU that might be able to keep up with a 3080 (Doubt it) in Rasterization. Most likely worse Ray Tracing performance but lets say for the sake of argument, same ray tracing performance. And that's it...

Meanwhile, Nvidia users not enjoy those benefits but also enjoy huge jumps in performance in those games that support DLSS + All the additional features that Nvidia GPU has to offer. Not to mention, the Driver nonsense that always plagues AMD GPU launches.

But hey, it could change. I could also be a billionaire tomorrow. You don't know.

This is why I'm more into second gen RT and DLSS, and I guess the AI to an extent. (god I wish next gen game AI would improve drastically).

I just dunno why people think AMD has all the money in the world to hold off Intel 100% of the time, make some "PC killer" consoles (that somehow won't be outdated within 1-2yrs at best) and somehow churn out killer GPUI's on the high, mid and low end, while performing way better and costing less. It's a fanboyish pipe dream if anything (going by the fact that current and next gen consoles are AMD powered, I'm not gonna say there isn't anyone rooting for AMD, because that PS5/3080 thread tells me there are).

Yeah, just some RT performance and nothing more isn't really a deal maker, especially when you factor in everything Nvidia has brought to t he table, RT performance, DLSS 2.0, GFE, GFN, Machine learning etc, it's all fofering so much more under one package, and AMD doesn't even have half of that, and I'm sorry to anyone here, but you'd be cray cray to expect me to clap when AMD finally catches up. No medals for those last in the race. IF they have to catch up (which they are) then it's expected that they reach the end point, and then they're supposed to bring their own A game to the table, to earn that kudos. 

I'm with ye on that, but I personally don't see AMD knocking it out of the park. Possibly in slightly cheaper deals, but what's a few quid less if your GPU is just shit?, like I see 0 value in a GPU that's meant to go against a more capable card, yet it's only feature is "it costs slightly less", lol.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Asus's needs 3x8 pins for their TOTL 3080 (22:05). That's gonna need some more juice

Dat beefy heatsink tho..

Looks like 400W power draw for AiB cards. So you probably want 850W for your PSU. Um...

Last edited by hinch - on 01 September 2020

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
Pemalite said:

Next-Gen had already started with Turing.

But Ampere is a massive improvement in every way... Including the price... And just like that, the PC is a step ahead of next-gen consoles.

To be honest, was expecting a price increase due to the inclusion of GDDR6X and having more memory chips overall.

Are you going to be getting Nvidia GPU or waiting until RDNA 2? Or neither this year?

Definitely not making any decisions until all the cards are laid out on the table. (Pun intended.)

Then go with whoever provides the best price/performance at the mid-high end segment. (I.E. 1440P/144hz.)

Something like the RTX 3070 or Radeon RX 6700... Need to wait and see.

hinch said:

Yeah its strange considering its a 'only' a 220W GPU. Maybe Nvidia knows a thing or two. I have a feeling 12 pin will be the new standard on upcoming GPU and PSU's. With normal PCI-e 8 pin connectors slowly getting phased out.

At least it should come bundled with an adapter, I should hope!

It's not so much about how much power they suck, the biggest benefit the connector provides is a reduction in space needed for power delivery so they can improve cooling and what not.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I love how Colteastwood (An Xbox fan) always seems to resort to his lil price argument, each time a new GPU or any new piece of PC hw is announced. Then his legion of fanboys come screeching it with "XSX IS A MoNsTeR!11".

(he even manages to twist new GPU cards announcement right back to his only fave console):

Then you've got his fans resorting to the price point argument. It's so stale and incredibly old at this point, that they act as if anything new that comes out, is trumped by a company that decided to scrimp with other manufacturers in order to not break the bank.

The guy doesn't try to hide that he's a full on Xbox dude. I've seen him numerous times trying to play off as if he likes all 3 systems/PC, but he's super quick to put down anything but MS.

He's one of the people I don't think deserves that many followers and attention, because he pollutes the area around him with deliberate misinformation and fanboy like toxicity.

Last edited by Chazore - on 01 September 2020

Next gen consoles too much about 4k gaming. Don't have 4k tv or monitor and no intention of getting either. Atleast in some games they are giving that 60 fps option. Otherwise even with all the power they'll still be pushing 30 frames in 2021.

Edit: So yea, 3070 ended up being pretty good. Still i don't use high resolutions so 3060 is more sweet spot. 3070 is pretty sweet power and tempting, eventually. 

Last edited by green_sky - on 01 September 2020

Chazore said:

I love how Colteastwood (An Xbox fan) always seems to resort to his lil price argument, each time a new GPU or any new piece of PC hw is announced. Then his legion of fanboys come screeching it with "XSX IS A MoNsTeR!11".

<SNIP>

Then you've got his fans resorting to the price point argument. It's so stale and incredibly old at this point, that they act as if anything new that comes out, is trumped by a company that decided to scrimp with other manufacturers in order to not break the bank.

<SNIP>

The guy doesn't try to hide that he's a full on Xbox dude. I've seen him numerous times trying to play off as if he likes all 3 systems/PC, but he's super quick to put down anything but MS.

He's one of the people I don't think deserves that many followers and attention, because he pollutes the area around him with deliberate misinformation and fanboy like toxicity.

You can't reason with individuals like that.

In saying that... If you buy allot of games... And some of us do with collections numbering in the thousands of titles, PC works out significantly cheaper over the long term, but they conveniently ignore all of that.

green_sky said:

Next gen consoles too much about 4k gaming. Don't have 4k tv or monitor and no intention of getting either. Atleast in some games they are giving that 60 fps option. Otherwise even with all the power they'll still be pushing 30 frames in 2021.

Edit: So yea, 3070 ended up being pretty good. Still i don't use high resolutions so 3060 is more sweet spot. 3070 is pretty sweet power and tempting, eventually. 

There are advantages of having games @4k.
On console they Super-sample down to 1080P which provides a very clean and crisp image even at 1080P.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--