By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Captain_Yuri said:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090, GeForce RTX 3080, GeForce RTX 3070 Graphics Cards Custom Model Roundup

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-geforce-rtx-3080-geforce-rtx-3070-graphics-cards-custom-model-roundup/

Might be the first time I'm going reference design. The push/pull config looks like it might dump out heat outside. Whereas these AIBs look like radiators lol.

Well maybe not that hybrid model from EVGA or WC edition.

Around the Network
hinch said:
Captain_Yuri said:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090, GeForce RTX 3080, GeForce RTX 3070 Graphics Cards Custom Model Roundup

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-geforce-rtx-3080-geforce-rtx-3070-graphics-cards-custom-model-roundup/

Might be the first time I'm going reference design. The push/pull config looks like it might dump out heat outside. Whereas these AIBs look like radiators lol.

I probably won't get mine until few months later if not next year tbh.

Pascal Owners
Miners
Whales
Turing Owners
Covid
Scalping Bots

All gonna compete to order that shit. I personally won't be ordering from Nvidia directly as the first batch of their 2000 series had some serious hardware issues that needed to be RMA'd. Gonna hope that I can get on board with the second batch.

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 01 September 2020

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Yeah going to be a scramble to get for sure. I'm from UK so its going to be even harder for me considering they'll have limited numbers.

Probs best waiting is the best option, like you said.. 1st batches aren't always the best to go for. But after seeing these specs, I'm ready to jump in noaw.

$ USD=£ GBP Dammnn

Also, looks like I can't get a reference card, at least yet here :/

Edit: Looks like its up on the UK page. Sign up for notification for 3080 FE preorders. £649!

Last edited by hinch - on 01 September 2020

Next-Gen had already started with Turing.

But Ampere is a massive improvement in every way... Including the price... And just like that, the PC is a step ahead of next-gen consoles.

To be honest, was expecting a price increase due to the inclusion of GDDR6X and having more memory chips overall.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:

Next-Gen had already started with Turing.

But Ampere is a massive improvement in every way... Including the price... And just like that, the PC is a step ahead of next-gen consoles.

To be honest, was expecting a price increase due to the inclusion of GDDR6X and having more memory chips overall.

Are you going to be getting Nvidia GPU or waiting until RDNA 2? Or neither this year?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Cool looks like they have the 3070 on the site too

Slightly different design. £469 FE

hinch said:

Cool looks like they have the 3070 on the site too

Slightly different design. £469 FE

12 pin as well? They are really pushing that connector.

Yeah its strange considering its a 'only' a 220W GPU. Maybe Nvidia knows a thing or two. I have a feeling 12 pin will be the new standard on upcoming GPU and PSU's. With normal PCI-e 8 pin connectors slowly getting phased out.

At least it should come bundled with an adapter, I should hope!

hinch said:

On another note AMD need to respond and soon, otherwise it's a wrap for the next few years.

JEMC said:
haxxiy said:

Pegged against the RTX 2080, and using Digital Foundry and other sources, we should have current performance tiers as something like this:

RTX 3090 >180%
RTX 3080 180%
RTX 3070 >120%
RTX 2080 Ti 120%
RTX 2080 Super 105%
RTX 2080 / RTX 2070 Super 100%
RTX 2070 / Radeon 5700 XT 90%
Radeon 5700 80%

I'd assume Big Navi will land somewhere in the 120% - 200% range, probably around the middle, and consume more or less as much power as the GA102 cards.

If AMD manages to bring something 10-15% faster than the 3070 for the same price, it could disrupt Nvidia's business plan because they've left room for a 3080Ti, but not for a 3070Ti.

But Nvidia maybe (probably) knows more than we do, and the gaps are placed where they need them.

If the highest performing Big Navi SKU is thought by Nvidia to be greater performance than the 3080, by a significant margin, that's why they would want to leave not just room, but a huge price gap so they can land wherever they need to when they respond with the 3080Ti. Probably sooner than later. Below that there isn't as much wiggle room in terms of pricing.

Offer 3070Ti and 3080Ti performance for 3070 and 3080 pricing with Big Navi. That would certainly make things interesting. 3070 and 3080 like performance for $50-$100 cheaper would be the next best thing.

After multiple gens of overpricing, Nvidia didn't just all of the sudden decide to be generous for no reason this gen. These prices should scream worthy competition is coming. Below the 3090 anyway.