By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Captain_Yuri said:

Speaking of 3000 series...

3060 $400
3070 $600
3080 $800
3090 $1400

https://twitter.com/GarnetSunset/status/1296916731378704391?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Don't believe any of the price rumours though.

Wow, that's huge. Will they even still fit in most cases???

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 22 August 2020

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

*pics*

3060 $400
3070 $600
3080 $800
3090 $1400

Looking at TechPowerUp's database, the reference RTX 2080 is 267mm/10.5" long and 116mm/4.6" wide, plus dual slot compared to the three slots of that card. Given the pictures, I'd say it's a 12" long card, which can be a problem for some smaller cases. The width shouldn't as CPU coolers are talle than that.

One thing, tho, is that I find it odd that there are no marks on the card. No Nvidia nor 3090 logo on it anywhere but the sides, which we can't see. Now I'm not saying it's fake but. like the cooler itself, it's a change from the usual Nvidia.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Captain_Yuri said:

Sorry how does everything point towards AMD winning? I'd like them to win but so far, I haven't seen any reason to believe they will.

Probably but every time I hear something new about RDNA 2, it feels more and more like it will be the case. Would like to be proven wrong though, specially my wallet.

And you are basing this on?

The dude that revealed the name Geforce 3090 and Gddr6x, he leaked the exact spec, die size and node for GA100 1 year before release, so we know his info is good. According to him geforce 3090 will pull 350W. Performance I think will be around 35-50% over geforce 2080 ti depending on game and resolution.

For big navi we have 3 clues for performance, first is from AMD themself:

I assume amd is comparing 5700xt to big navi.

Then we have this tweet, he has very similiar info as the previous dude I mentioned, but is not proven yet:

But the big one is simply this leaked benchmark:

Source:https://hothardware.com/news/radeon-big-navi-gpu-leaks-performance-gain-rtx-2080-ti

Showing big Navi beating the highest overclocked geforce 2080 ti by ~20%.

Pull all this togheter I'm guessing big navi will have performance around +35% over geforce 2080 ti and pull about 250-300W. Geforce 3090 will be around 30-50% performance over geforce 2080 ti and pull 350W.

Die size for big navi ~505mm2 and ~627mm2 for geforce 3090.

Edit: Noticed you asked what I based my ray-tracing performance and not big navi vs geforce 3090/3080 ti.

There's nothing reliable I seen for the consoles rtx performance, there was a game developer over at anandtech hinted that PS5 rtx performance is above geforce 2080 ti and there is another user there who said Rdna2 rtx performance is 1.5x above Turing, so I just pulled them togheter and got ~25% above geforce 2080 ti, we shall see if it's correct.

Last edited by Trumpstyle - on 22 August 2020

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

Trumpstyle said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Sorry how does everything point towards AMD winning? I'd like them to win but so far, I haven't seen any reason to believe they will.

Probably but every time I hear something new about RDNA 2, it feels more and more like it will be the case. Would like to be proven wrong though, specially my wallet.

And you are basing this on?

The dude that revealed the name Geforce 3090 and Gddr6x, he leaked the exact spec, die size and node for GA100 1 year before release, so we know his info is good. According to him geforce 3090 will pull 350W. Performance I think will be around 35-50% over geforce 2080 ti depending on game and resolution.

For big navi we have 3 clues for performance, first is from AMD themself:

I assume amd is comparing 5700xt to big navi.

Then we have this tweet, he has very similiar info as the previous dude I mentioned, but is not proven yet:

But the big one is simply this leaked benchmark:

Source:https://hothardware.com/news/radeon-big-navi-gpu-leaks-performance-gain-rtx-2080-ti

Showing big Navi beating the highest overclocked geforce 2080 ti by ~20%.

Pull all this togheter I'm guessing big navi will have performance around +35% over geforce 2080 ti and pull about 250-300W. Geforce 3090 will be around 30-50% performance over geforce 2080 ti and pull 350W.

Die size for big navi ~505mm2 and ~627mm2 for geforce 3090.

Edit: Noticed you asked what I based my ray-tracing performance and not big navi vs geforce 3090/3080 ti.

There's nothing reliable I seen for the consoles rtx performance, there was a game developer over at anandtech hinted that PS5 rtx performance is above geforce 2080 ti and there is another user there who said Rdna2 rtx performance is 1.5x above Turing, so I just pulled them togheter and got ~25% above geforce 2080 ti, we shall see if it's correct.

Yea AMD has known to make up nonsense slides based on questionable metrics before... Where are you getting the 35% from?

20% if you are rounding up is rumoured to be at best, on par with a 3080. Not to mention that is a pretty random benchmark instead of something like Time Spy and that benchmark also has some weird results...

So the only benchmark rumour shows less than 20% performance improvement yet you are turning that into 35%?

As for the last Ray Tracing, yea I doubt that's gonna happen. From the hints that we have seen, Neither MS or Sony seem very confident on their hardware to do Ray Tracing very well. If you look at the gameplay that we have seen from PS5, you can see that mainly, it's reflections and on top, it's selective and low resolution reflections where as we have seen the 2080 Ti do reflections at Native 4k.

Of course it's not 1:1 since we won't know until it comes out but if it was faster than Turing, they would certainly be a lot more confident.

Also:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/xbox-series-x-silicon-breakdown-hot-chips-2020-analysis-digital-foundry.272157/page-5#post-43192200

"That is not what we put out, rather I have said that it was close to a 2080 or "broadly similar to" it in the gears 5 benchmark on Ultra with no dynamic res on - in actuality it performed a bit below the 2080 in the gears 5 benchmark as Richard has said in one of his Videos. So nothing about 100 fps or whatever you say there. Regarding RT performance, we have said nothing definitive yet since there is not definitive comparisons out there without Vsync on - so we will have to wait for the game's to Release. But the rumbling in my gut elsewhere does not make me think it will be exactly be RTX 2080 Tiered."

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 22 August 2020

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

JEMC said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Looking at TechPowerUp's database, the reference RTX 2080 is 267mm/10.5" long and 116mm/4.6" wide, plus dual slot compared to the three slots of that card. Given the pictures, I'd say it's a 12" long card, which can be a problem for some smaller cases. The width shouldn't as CPU coolers are talle than that.

One thing, tho, is that I find it odd that there are no marks on the card. No Nvidia nor 3090 logo on it anywhere but the sides, which we can't see. Now I'm not saying it's fake but. like the cooler itself, it's a change from the usual Nvidia.

After a rough ruler measuring, I got to 330mm/12.10", which will be much more problematic for many cases, especially if there is a drive cage behind that you'd need for some SATA drives or in a small cases even space for an optical drive or card reader.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

3060 $400
3070 $600
3080 $800
3090 $1400

Probably not but I guess Nvidia's idea is, if you are gonna pay top tier pricing, you better have a giant arse case.

Personally my case should be able to fit it but I am worried about the GPU snag.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Intel Moving to Chiplets: ‘Client 2.0’ for 7nm

https://www.anandtech.com/show/16021/intel-moving-to-chiplets-client-20-for-7nm

Intel’s Future 7nm FPGAs To Use Foveros 3D Stacking

https://www.anandtech.com/show/16019/intels-future-7nm-fpgas-to-use-foveros-3d-stacking

Bofferbrauer2 said:
JEMC said:

After a rough ruler measuring, I got to 330mm/12.10", which will be much more problematic for many cases, especially if there is a drive cage behind that you'd need for some SATA drives or in a small cases even space for an optical drive or card reader.

And that's the reference GPU. Some third party models will be even bigger than that.

It's good to see Intel jumping on the chiplet wagon. We'll see how their implementation works compared to the one from AMD.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Sounds pretty cool.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

That Marvel Avengers beta not running with the highest RTX card at 4k, even on low settings is hilarious to see.

Yeah I know it's in Beta, but exclusive content and a beta being like it is doesn't really bode well for a good PC version.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"