By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Captain_Yuri said:
JEMC said:

I hope the final prices are close to those numbers.

My uncle that works at Nvidia who gets invited to the family dinner with Jensen and Lisa says it is

Whoa! What the f*ck does Lisa there?... Wait a minute, that's why AMD cards can't touch Nvidia. She's sabotaging that side of the business!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

God damn this is like a dream come true

Inb4 it gets shut down though.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Urghh Battle for Middle Earth 2 was one of my favourite games of all time. Hopefully it comes out before it gets shut down though so we can at least yar it.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Not going to lie, performance per watt for the Ampere cards is a bit lame. In theory that's one and a half die shrinks and ~22% is all we got. This decade might see GPUs go the way of CPUs (in terms of yearly perf increases) if this keeps up, and it should, considering the next nodes have even worse theoretical power consumption improvements.

I mean, that's good for AMD, since their resuts were the same-ish with the Radeon VII. I guess that means RDNA was actually a huge step up compared to GCN if these power consumption characteristics are intrinsic to the node.

People: Urghh can't get Flight Sim to run at 60fps
Me: 717 FPS BITCHES!!!!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
JEMC said:

Total War: Three Kingdoms' first expansion takes us to the jungle
https://www.pcgamer.com/total-war-three-kingdoms-first-expansion-takes-us-to-the-jungle/
The Furious Wild expansion for Three Kingdoms adds four new factions, new jungle zones on the strategic map, more than 25 new units (including beasts!) and new tech trees. It will be available on September 3 for $20/£15.

This seems awesome, I'm way more hyped than I should be! I still haven't finished my first campaign I started last summer because of a bit of a nasty situation I had going on, but I've been playing the game a bit recently and am hoping to finish the campaign 'relatively soon'. Still, might take me a while to get this expansion, but I'm definitely looking forward to it! Great game, and I love the theme.

haxxiy said:

Not going to lie, performance per watt for the Ampere cards is a bit lame. In theory that's one and a half die shrinks and ~22% is all we got. This decade might see GPUs go the way of CPUs (in terms of yearly perf increases) if this keeps up, and it should, considering the next nodes have even worse theoretical power consumption improvements.

I mean, that's good for AMD, since their resuts were the same-ish with the Radeon VII. I guess that means RDNA was actually a huge step up compared to GCN if these power consumption characteristics are intrinsic to the node.

The improvements to GPU performance all around should certainly lessen as it gets harder and harder to get significant node shrinks. Nvidia has seen the writing on the wall which is why they are pushing something like DLSS to gain the performance back. While AMD tries to play catch up to Rasterization and Ray Tracing performance, Nvidia is trying to figure out what's next. And judging from the Reception that DLSS 2.0 has gotten, it could be the future.

The kicker this gen is probably going to be pricing based on the slides we have gotten from Xbox Series X Hot Chips. AMD is probably going to have similar pricing to Nvidia once again when it comes to their GPU while performing similar if not worse. Imo Nvidia's eventual solution might be that because GPUs are getting so expensive to make, if DLSS does manage to take off, then a person can buy say a 3060 and with DLSS can get 3080 native performance and similar visuals for half the price.

Now yes, Microsoft has Direct ML but we know that the ML performance on RDNA 2 is worse than Turing's Tensor cores judging based on INT-8 performance on Series X vs Turing. But the biggest problem is to get someone to use it before we can even judge how that performs in real world.

GPU designs will have to change, evolve. The leaks/rumors that both AMD and Nvidia are goin the chiplet route and are already prototyping designs point to that direction, but it remains to be seen if they'll be able to solve the latency problem derived from going this route.

Once they solve that, the future could be modular GPUs with several parts designed for different tasks all interwoven together to maximize efficiency and performance.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Captain_Yuri said:
People: Urghh can't get Flight Sim to run at 60fps
Me: 717 FPS BITCHES!!!!

I'm waiting to see you brag again once you're actually playing the game, not just downloading it.

JEMC said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

It's gonna be $2100 with VAT included

That could only work in countries where the price is final, but in the US (as far as I know) the advertized price is the one without taxes.

That was the point. That the card would be advertised as $1999 but when they pay they'd have to add the VAT and end up at $2100 in the US...