By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

the question remains what games do you have on C?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

That's me, but with my E SSD drive. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

kirby007 said:
the question remains what games do you have on C?

Mine is Call of Duty Modern Warfare (Big mistake with these god damn 30GB updates) and Starcraft 2. I had Overwatch before but I stopped playing so uninstalled it. My next one is probably gonna be Microsoft Flight Sim as that recommends a SSD for the higher end settings and I think my 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus is ready!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I've been HDD free for gaming for a long time. My latest Gaming PC has a 500GB SSD additionally to an extra Windows SSD. I don't even remember what it's like to install a game on a non-SSD. With mega cheap SSDs and fast internet bandwidths there is really no excuse to not have every single game running on an SSD.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Damn I wish I could get rid of my harddrives. I have way too many games and mods installed on my PC to even consider that.

I'm patiently waiting for higher capacity NvME's to drop in price and put all my mainstay games on there.

Around the Network

Last time I upgraded, I got a 256GB SSD for my system and a 1TB HDD just for the games.

Next time I'll go with a 500/512GB NVMe drive for my system and a 2TB SSD for the games. Or at least that's the current plan.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

My hard drive situation is that I am a bit of a data hoarder.

For my PC, it's 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD as the main OS drive. Then I have a 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD from my last computer. 4TB Western Digital Black Hard drive and 10TB Seagate hard drive.

My most common games go into my 1TB Samsung, my occasional games goes into my 4TB Western Digital and my backups go into my 10TB Seagate.

Eventually I would like to replace my hard drives with SSDs but that ain't happening for a long time considering how much space games take and SSD prices are still quite high for capacity. In Canada, a 4 TB Nvme SSD costs twice as much as a 14TB hard drive. I can wait for 30 more seconds for games to load than to wait 30 minutes if not hours for games to download with the increasing size requirements. Plus it's much faster to have the games on my hard drive and then move onto my SSD if I really like them than to redownload them.

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 15 August 2020

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

On my SSDs there are currently these games:

Star Citizen
The Witcher 3
Assassin's Creed Origins
GTA 5
Half-Life: Alyx
some smaller VR games

The other games are on my "My Book Duo", most of them run fine from the Raid-HDD (300 - 400 GB/s sequential)... if the current one doesn't, it only takes a few minutes to move them to SSD temporarily.

I've got 4 SSD's with a 5th I swapped out. Most of my games are found on the F drive, which is the only HDD drive within my rig, the rest are Samsung Pro Evo V-Nand SSD's.

Games mostly ranging from AAA to indie are found on some of the SSD's, but they are mostly games I know that benefit from faster loading times or texture mods. Smaller or older games that load faster regardless are found on the F drive. 

I believe you and me have the same 1tb model SSD, Yuri.

Last edited by Chazore - on 15 August 2020

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

I've got 4 SSD's with a 5th I swapped out. Most of my games are found on the F drive, which is the only HDD drive within my rig, the rest are Samsung Pro Evo V-Nand SSD's.

Games mostly ranging from AAA to indie are found on some of the SSD's, but they are mostly games I know that benefit from faster loading times or texture mods. Smaller or older games that load faster regardless are found on the F drive. 

I believe you and me have the same 1tb model SSD, Yuri.

Samsung ftw.

Ik there are better value SSDs out there but I also seen some horror stories with those ssds. I might get Western Digital SSDs in the future though as their reputation seems to be pretty good. I probably won't get a new SSD until I get a new motherboard and cpu though.