By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

We're still a month away from the Ampere reveal and there is not much left to leak. It's gonna be a really dry month.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
We're still a month away from the Ampere reveal and there is not much left to leak. It's gonna be a really dry month.

The question now is, let's say the rumours are true and AMD is gonna release RDNA 2 lets say late October to Early November while Nvidia releases their Ampere in September.

Are you going to wait to see how RDNA 2 performs or are you just gonna pull the trigger and get Ampere?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
vivster said:

Are you going to wait to see how RDNA 2 performs or are you just gonna pull the trigger and get Ampere?

I will try to be patient (and I have more than enough backlog games perfectly running on my old PC to wait for years)... but as soon as my preordered VR-headset arrives, waiting will get hard.

Conina said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I will try to be patient (and I have more than enough backlog games perfectly running on my old PC to wait for years)... but as soon as my preordered VR-headset arrives, waiting will get hard.

The thing that is scaring me the most is. I bought Eth in July for around $320 CAD. Now it's at $520 CAD. And both Eth and Bitcoins have been slowly going up and up. You know what they say about a rising tide lifting all boats with new GPUs right around the corner...

On the other hand, if RDNA 2 really is that good and if Ampere doesn't get priced properly at launch, it could be the case where Ampere gets discounted in a month or two after launch unless you get the top dog.

Decisions Decisions

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Intel’s Next-Gen Alder Lake Desktop CPUs To Support DDR5 Memory, Several big.SMALL SKU Configurations Leak Out

https://wccftech.com/intels-next-gen-alder-lake-desktop-cpus-to-support-ddr5-memory-several-big-small-sku-configurations-leak-out/

Is this the future of AMD’s laptop CPU design? AMD files patent for hybrid computing approach similar to ARM’s big.LITTLE

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Is-this-the-future-of-AMD-s-laptop-CPU-design-AMD-files-patent-for-hybrid-computing-approach-similar-to-ARM-s-big-LITTLE.484832.0.html

Halo Infinite isn't fully open world, but you can explore previous areas

https://www.windowscentral.com/halo-infinite-isnt-fully-open-world-you-can-explore-previous-areas

SpecialK for Horizon: Zero Dawn (better frame pacing and less stuttering)

https://discourse.differentk.fyi/t/horizon-zero-dawn/224

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
vivster said:

The question now is, let's say the rumours are true and AMD is gonna release RDNA 2 lets say late October to Early November while Nvidia releases their Ampere in September.

Taking aside that there are a lot more factors as to when I'll be able to buy anything for my new build the GPU is the least difficult decision. Even though I expect the 3080ti to comfortably beat anything that AMD will offer I think I would even get Nvidia if AMD outperforms it by 5% in raw gaming performance and there are numerous reasons for that. I don't trust AMD drivers, more matured RT, tensor cores for juicy DLSS, green is cuter than red, my current monitor only supports gsync.

So at least at that front I really do not have to wait for AMD because I just don't care what they do.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Basically my GPU purchasing decisions come down to price/performance, couldn't give two shits about the brand.
I have owned a GPU from every single PC GPU manufacturer at some point... Even had an S3 chrome GPU once.

I have had driver issues with every single GPU manufacturer, regardless if it's Intel, AMD, nVidia, 3dfx, S3, Matrox, Rendition, Tseng Labs, Cirrus Logic, SiS, Trident.. And I have always been able to resolve the issues to an extent.

But... Long gone are the days where I would spend $4,000 or more on GPU's to drive a display array, I am happy with spending $400-$500 AUD every few years instead... And thus tend to gravitate towards the best price/performance offering at the time.

Keen to see what AMD bring to the $400-$500 AUD price point with RDNA2 and Ray Tracing... If nVidia offers the superior option, I will opt for them.
I am only gaming at 32"/1440P/144hz, so don't need the absolute best, something upper-mid range is fine.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I just, lol

I can't

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Ayy lmao, how the fuck does Sony just go ""yeah, this is PlayStation quality, ship it".

Apparently there isn't any snow deformation like there is in the PS4 version.

Why hire a shitty studio and not someone better than Virtuos. This was such a shitty first step into porting to PC for them. MS could easily use this misstep as a means to show them up in marketing their future PC ports ("hey, at least we don't fuck up like Sony and aren't treating you guys like second class no name hoes we want money from").

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

Ayy lmao, how the fuck does Sony just go ""yeah, this is PlayStation quality, ship it".

Apparently there isn't any snow deformation like there is in the PS4 version.

Why hire a shitty studio and not someone better than Virtuos. This was such a shitty first step into porting to PC for them. MS could easily use this misstep as a means to show them up in marketing their future PC ports ("hey, at least we don't fuck up like Sony and aren't treating you guys like second class no name hoes we want money from").

The funny thing is, at the beginning of this gen, you had Batman Arkham Knight being a shit port and at the End of the generation, you have Horizon Zero Dawn saying one last fu before it finishes. It's poetic in a way.