By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

For sure. I'm glad Sega have found a good place in PC as well as consoles. Its good that it's working for them. It also means I get to play a superior version Yakuza games on PC from the get go. Which is a win win for me.

Yeah I have my doubts that they will go for a sequel. Its not really their forte. Hopefully they'll do a colab were the universe's join. I heard Max Payne was also tied to the same universe. It's a shame they don't own that IP.

Around the Network

RTX 3000 should be announced on September 9th, according to board partner discussions with GamersNexus

https://www.gamersnexus.net/news-pc/3609-hw-news-rtx-3000-release-date-amd-x86-marketshare-intel-leaks

I believe in tech Jesus

Exclusive: NVIDIA Ampere Graphics Cards Partial Specs And Tentative Launch Schedule. Take it with massive amounts of salt as these specs would cost an arm, leg and your first born child. Most likely a fake.

AMD Already Working on Big Navi ‘Navi 21’ GPU’s Successors, Navi 31 (RDNA 3) & Navi 41 (RDNA 4) – Next-Gen Gaming GPUs For Enthusiast-Class Radeon RX Graphics Cards

https://wccftech.com/amd-big-navi-21-gpu-successors-spotted-navi-31-rdna-3-navi-41-rdna-4-next-gen-radeon-rx-graphics-cards/

Intel Tiger Lake 10nm CPUs All Set To Roar on 2nd September, Official Launch & Pre-Release Architectural Presentation Confirmed

https://wccftech.com/intel-tiger-lake-10nm-cpus-all-set-to-roar-on-2nd-september-official-launch-pre-release-architectural-presentation-confirmed/

I think Intel's Tiger Lake will give us a first taste of how good or bad their 10nm actually is as this is their second iteration. This is also going to be the first time that 10nm gets 8 cores 16 threads according to the rumours. Of course, it's all laptops since they make Intel more money than desktops while not needing to be as scalable as server.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Nice. Sega had so many great games in the past decade and most of them came to PC. Probably the most underrated publisher on PC.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I don't believe those specs because that's too much memory and those are too many cards. There's not reason to have two successors for the 2080 SUPER and 2070 SUPER, and even if that's a mistake and two of the listings are for the non-SUPER parts, they're still too many: 3080Ti/3090 - 3080 - 3070 - 3060 and that's it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

What I find even more impressive is that the base clock went up compared to the previous leaked chip by 200 Mhz. 16c/32t at 3.7 Ghz base is already 200Mhz higher than on the 3950X, and those are still just ES, so that clock speed might go even higher

By now I'm expecting 3.9/5.1 Ghz for the 4950X, obliterating any Comet lake and Rocket lake in it's path.

I think you're too ambitious. They may try to push a bit more for the "magic" 5.0GHz mark, I'd be really surprised if they can go beyond that. At least on the 16-cores part. It could be easier in the 8-core parts if they want to give them an extra bit of power.

Those 5.1Ghz would just be for microseconds, just like the current ones reach their advertised top speeds. For a more stable "cruise" speed I expect more something like 4.8 Ghz, which would still be a couple hundred Mhz above the current Zen 2 chips. 

JEMC said:
I don't believe those specs because that's too much memory and those are too many cards. There's not reason to have two successors for the 2080 SUPER and 2070 SUPER, and even if that's a mistake and two of the listings are for the non-SUPER parts, they're still too many: 3080Ti/3090 - 3080 - 3070 - 3060 and that's it.

Same here, I can hardly see 20 GB or even more on a consumer GPU outside a Titan. And then only 10 GB on a 2080 Super successor would be laughable, especially if a 2070 Super successor would come with 16 GB.

Around the Network

Apples to Apples comparison between AMD and Intel Laptops:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x8SAAk_J4c

Long story short, Intel gets absolutely destroyed when AMD is not getting hampered by stupid laptop design decisions. And the AMD version has better battery life to boot.

Did I mention that the Intel version is just a 6-core i7 10750H (@75W PL1) versus an 8-core  4800H (@72W PL1) from AMD yet the AMD version is 90€ cheaper with the exact same configuration? Or that the GPU om the AMD model has a 10W higher TDP limit due to the CPU needing less cooling?

Trumpstyle said:
JEMC said:

The new leak/rumor says that it can reach up to 4.9GHz https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-16-core-zen3-ryzen-9-4950x-engineering-sample-boosts-up-to-4-9-ghz

Maybe AMD will manage to make it reach 5GHz by launch.

That's some really high clockspeed, but I remember reading something about zen2 not fully reaching it advertised clockspeed so we shall see. I'm expecting 17.5% ipc gain for zen3, maybe higher ipc for gaming with its single ccx. This should be enough to beat the 10000 series in most games I think.

Apparently Zen 3 is a full architectural overhaul, so expecting big things should be justified.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
JEMC said:

The new leak/rumor says that it can reach up to 4.9GHz https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-16-core-zen3-ryzen-9-4950x-engineering-sample-boosts-up-to-4-9-ghz

Maybe AMD will manage to make it reach 5GHz by launch.

What I find even more impressive is that the base clock went up compared to the previous leaked chip by 200 Mhz. 16c/32t at 3.7 Ghz base is already 200Mhz higher than on the 3950X, and those are still just ES, so that clock speed might go even higher

By now I'm expecting 3.9/5.1 Ghz for the 4950X, obliterating any Comet lake and Rocket lake in it's path.

In the enthusiast circles there is some information floating around that AMD may be implementing per-core voltage control, so in short... The CPU cores that respond well to high clockrates at a set voltage will be able to take advantage of that... And cores that don't, won't.

So AMD may prioritize turbo to a couple of "favorite" cores to push to the 5ghz and beyond barrier.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Good on Sega for more support.

meh from me to Remedy, because I know their next game is going to be locked to one store, and their current one still isn't being sold anywhere else yet...

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

vivster said:

That's 100% me.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.