By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Carzy Zarx’s PC Gaming Emporium - Catch Up on All the Latest PC Gaming Related News

Apple to Reportedly Remove AMD GPU Support From macOS ARM64, Paving the Way for Custom GPUs. Makes sense if they are getting rid of Intel.

https://wccftech.com/apple-to-reportedly-remove-amd-gpu-support-from-macos-arm64-paving-the-way-for-custom-gpus/

Xbox Series X July Event To Feature Rare’s Everwild, New RPG by Obsidian Entertainment – Rumor

https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-july-event-everwild-rpg-obsidian/

Microsoft’s 1st Party Xbox Series X Showcase Confirmed for July 23

https://wccftech.com/microsofts-xbox-series-x-showcase-july-23/

Intel Tiger Lake Xe GPU With 768 Cores & 1.3 GHz Clocks Benchmarked – As Fast As NVIDIA’s GeForce MX350, Crushes AMD’s 7nm ‘Renoir’ Vega GPU. Take it with grain of salt.

https://wccftech.com/intel-tiger-lake-xe-gpu-matches-nvidia-geforce-mx350-faster-than-7nm-amd-vega-gpu/

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Well, it makes sense to get rid of AMD's GPU and go all mobile tech, but I still think this move will backfire on them Or they know that the majority of their laptops users aren't really using them for anything taxing, and are willing to lose the few that do in exchange for a higher profit margin.

I doubt they'll do that to their macs, tho.

*Edit* Oh, and AMD need sto get rid of the damn Vega architecture and move to Navi. I don't understand why they're still sticking with that.

Last edited by JEMC - on 06 July 2020

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Imagine if instead of going ARM, they went Ryzen. Would have given it a shot but nope.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

But by going ARM they have control over everything and negotiate with TSMC a better price per chip than with AMD.

I still think it's not going to work, but I get the logic behind it.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Just be careful using wccftech.
They are a news aggregate site, basically they will build an article on another news article and post it, even if it contradicts a previous news article.

As for Apple... Dropping AMD is a bad choice in my opinion, ARM mobile GPU's are nothing compared to a big nVidia or AMD GPU, I think for GPU compute they will still be a necessity... But this is Apple, they have intimate control over their ecosystem, see how it plays out long term... But their most successful Mac's have been x86 thus far.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Yea Wccftech in general should be taken with a heap of salt regardless of what they post. But until we get some announcements which will probably happen in August/September, there isn't much going on so... Rumour mill it is!

This isn't PC related but hot damn is it facepalm worthy.

"BMW to make owners pay for features like heated seats via subscription"

"The options included in these upgrade packages can be turned on or off using the My BMW app, and while some are permanent, others are only activated for a specific period of time, ranging from three months to three years."

https://driving.ca/bmw/auto-news/news/bmw-to-make-owners-pay-for-features-like-heated-seats-via-subscription

Welcome to 2020, where you have Micro-transactions on cars! Now Tesla technically does something similar but with them, when you buy the "heated rear seats upgrade," it's permanent... With BMW, it could be Temporary!

Captain_Yuri said:

"The options included in these upgrade packages can be turned on or off using the My BMW app, and while some are permanent, others are only activated for a specific period of time, ranging from three months to three years."

https://driving.ca/bmw/auto-news/news/bmw-to-make-owners-pay-for-features-like-heated-seats-via-subscription

Welcome to 2020, where you have Micro-transactions on cars! Now Tesla technically does something similar but with them, when you buy the "heated rear seats upgrade," it's permanent... With BMW, it could be Temporary!

I can see it now "pay a sub fee to wear your clothes, eat your cereal!". If one industry can do it for this long (games/mobile industry), I guess all the others feel it's validated that they all do it. Eventually we won't actually own anything, since we'll just be paying non stop subs, and ppl had the gall to tell me that was the cheaper alternative to just paying once for everything and actually owning it. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I can see it now "pay a sub fee to wear your clothes, eat your cereal!". If one industry can do it for this long (games/mobile industry), I guess all the others feel it's validated that they all do it. Eventually we won't actually own anything, since we'll just be paying non stop subs, and ppl had the gall to tell me that was the cheaper alternative to just paying once for everything and actually owning it. 

Pretty much loll. It's crazy to me that the hardware is inside you car like heated seats yet they are like, you can't use that because you need to pay us the upgrade fee so we can enable the software so you can use the hardware. God jailbreaking cars is gonna be a thing in the future.

Videocardz has a new Ampere rumor, this time regarding the 3070 parts:

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti (SUPER) and RTX 3070 rumored to feature GA104 GPU

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-ti-super-and-rtx-3070-rumored-to-feature-ga104-gpu

According to kopite7kimi’s latest tweet, the RTX 3070 Series (Ti/SUPER etc), would use GA104 GPU with the high-end variants using the ‘400’ GPU model. What this means is that the 3070 Ti/SUPER would feature the full silicon with all CUDA cores enabled. These rumors would be in line with speculation regarding RTX 3080 series using the GA102 GPU instead. The whole lineup would simply move one GPU-tier higher than normally.

A new tweet was made later listing 250W TGP and 220W TGP for GeForce RTX 3070S and RTX 3070 non-S respectively.

The best part is that they've made a table with all the known rumors and the author, so we can keep track of them and see if they're true or not:

In the article, you can click on the sources to see the tweet with the rumor/leak.

Also, here's a table with the rumored specs as of now: