By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Activision talks Xbox One price: Microsoft will have to “convince people that the higher price point is worth it”

V-r0cK said:

Ok now you're just being ridiculous.  No 1 year old baby actually plays video games! My niece that time was like 7 years old.  LOL they are not the same size. As well, its also the placement of the buttons to where you grip the controller. A few millimeters makes a difference in button layout/analog layout.  

But I see you're just trolling now by mentioning a 1yr old baby in the converstation.  So i'll just stop.  Nice to know never to take anything Goatseye says seriously ever again. 

That's because I didn't take anything you said seriously. Average controller aren't made for 7 years old.

And the Ferrari analogy is according to you it's whats more out there is better. But I guess you couldn't remember your own analogy. If Ferraris were as affordable as Toyotas they would far pass them. But this is not about price.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Basically, do that kinect marketing magic that we saw in 2010 and you got a winner MS.

Indeed 100$ difference can be fixed by good marketing. Unlike PS3 situation it was just to high of a difference.

Multimedialover said:
Both from a consumer coice point of view and from a gamers pint of view MS are definatly winning. More exclusives at launch, christmas and next year. I still wonder WTF apart from Multiplatform games people will buy for PS4.

After KZ3 was terrible KZ4 and it being a shooter isnt helping Sony at all.

So you are basicly making shit up now. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
sales2099 said:
Basically, do that kinect marketing magic that we saw in 2010 and you got a winner MS.

That only worked in the United States though?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
sales2099 said:

Worked best in the US

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
psrock said:
sales2099 said:

Worked best in the US

Out of those 25 plus million Kinect sold I bet you 20 million is from America. 

Next Gen 

psrock said:
sales2099 said:
psrock said:
sales2099 said:

Worked best in the US

were on a gaming sales website.......look up Kinect adventures.

But not sure why your going this route. Nothing wrong with making a big impact in the #1 gaming market.

Says the guy who lives in the US......talking about how it sells less in the rest of the world. Live in Spain or Japan and then your point would mean something more.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

More like convince people that Kinect is actually worth an extra £80/ $100 on what the console would of been

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

sales2099 said:
psrock said:
sales2099 said:
psrock said:
sales2099 said:

Worked best in the US

were on a gaming sales website.......look up Kinect adventures.

But not sure why your going this route. Nothing wrong with making a big impact in the #1 gaming market.

Says the guy who lives in the US......talking about how it sells less in the rest of the world. Live in Spain or Japan and then your point would mean something more.

Kinect advantures has sold 2 million in Europe. 

I live in the US , i know the marketing blitz worked here but not anywhere else.

Next Gen 

psrock said:

Kinect advantures has sold 2 million in Europe. 

I live in the US , i know the marketing blitz worked here but not anywhere else.

It would catch on to Europe when they stop calling gaming consoles Play Station (some countries).

US is the biggest and the most lucrative gaming market. Most DLCs, and other after release products sell way better here.

MS is smart, keeping Kinect bundled gives developers more to work with during game development.