By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Activision talks Xbox One price: Microsoft will have to “convince people that the higher price point is worth it”

Gaming Everything

All things considered, the Xbox One’s price is fairly expensive. It will cost $500 – $100 more than the PlayStation 4 (and $150 more than the Wii U’s Deluxe Set).

Activision Publishing boss Eric Hirshberg spoke about the console’s price in an interview with GamesIndustry. Hirshberg believes that the initial win goes to Sony “from a first impression standpoint”, and “Microsoft is going to have to win the hearts and minds and convince people that the higher price point is worth it”.

He said:

“It’s up to them to win the value argument. If you do a focus group of a gazillion people and you show them two prices for two competitive products, 100 percent always prefer the lower price. I think from a first impression standpoint the win goes to Sony, at least as it relates to pricing. Microsoft is going to have to win the hearts and minds and convince people that the higher price point is worth it, and that it provides really meaningful capabilities that will be meaningful to consumers. And it’s a long game, so I am sure that’s what they intend on trying to do.”

Source

Around the Network

Basically, do that kinect marketing magic that we saw in 2010 and you got a winner MS.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Basically, do that kinect marketing magic that we saw in 2010 and you got a winner MS.

hole in one.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I think Hirshberg's statement is 100% accurate.

Stating the obvious but he's right

Around the Network

Ok, let me see.
Forza 5, Killer Instinct, free to play Project Spark...
Kinect 2.0(impressive piece of tech)
Best controller in the game
Probably the best media center available

Humm, soooooold...

Goatseye said:
Ok, let me see.

Humm, soooooold...

WHoa now, so Project Spark and Killer Instinct are confirmed F2P?

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I'll go with PS4 as I never owned an Xbox console, but if they can show something I really like I might consider buying one when the price is lower. Consoles in Argentina are a serious investment... they are VERY expensive :(

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

sales2099 said:
Goatseye said:
Ok, let me see.

Humm, soooooold...

Killer Instinct is a free to play if you just want to play with Jago. You can buy the whole game for $60 or just the characters that you want for an unnanounced price.

And for Project Spark, yes it's freezee and it looks gorgeous, infused with some gamers wet dream: freedom to do whatever.

Goatseye said:
sales2099 said:
Goatseye said:
Ok, let me see.

Humm, soooooold...

Killer Instinct is a free to play if you just want to play with Jago. You can buy the whole game for $60 or just the characters that you want for an unnanounced price.

And for Project Spark, yes it's freezee and it looks gorgeous, infused with some gamers wet dream: freedom to do whatever.

Ya, definately keeping an eye on this. Looks like a "grown ups" Little Big Planet