By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Pachter: Sony “Almost Certainly” Making a Profit on $399 PS4

nope

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
Vinniegambini said:
Breaking even on hardware. No profit I'm positive.

PS4 will end up making tons of money.... $50 per year for PSN now.... Extra controllers, games, etc. 

Patcher is a turkey, most of what he posts turns out to be completely wrong

Kind of depends, Pachter doesn't know what kind of deals they got on the hardware production lines, and, more importantly, what deals they didn't get. I doubt they're making a profit on that price, break even at best, I seriously doubt that they are dumb enough to release a console with a large loss though, with the troubles they're having.

noo, Pachter so it must be a loss lol

Around the Network
9087 said:
Vinniegambini said:
Breaking even on hardware. No profit I'm positive.

PS4 will end up making tons of money.... $50 per year for PSN now.... Extra controllers, games, etc. 

Did you read my comment? I'm talking solely on hardware.

I'm not debating that they won't be making money.

Did Pachter only took into account materials or did he also added production (work hand) and distribution cost?

if the BOM is really 325 you can bet yor as# they're losing money. the consoles aren't manufactured in fullmetal alchemist style and retailers need profits too.

I think PS+ paygate is what'll be the difference maker this time for them.

@OP:

ZOMFG! Sony is D0M3D!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!