By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GameSpot’s Battle of Next Gen updated with votes – PS4 support is overwhelming

Euphoria14 said:
V-r0cK said:

Are you saying that buying a PS4 will be so expensive that you'll have to sell your house???  There's not chance a 2nd job would even help now.

Lol jk I know you probably mistyped and meant to write "hopeless"

I was saying the XBox One is homeless since it's home country (US) is showing up as PS4 territory with this Gamespot poll. It was a response to "Xbox, go home".

Ohhhh well that makes sense. nvm then xD

Edited - Kresnik.  Please keep your quote trees in check.

Around the Network
Multimedialover said:
Ironically in reality US and UK numbers will be highly reversed from these internet website figures.   

Is that so? You think there will be roughly 9 Xbox Ones sold for every PS4 sold in the US when not even the 360 could manage 2 for 1 on the PS3 in the US with its significant price advantage and superior multiplats?

Frankly, I don't see the gap growing at this point, I see it shrinking. I think it would be extremely lucky to even end with a 10 million unit lead when all is said and done... Hell, it might even relose the US and UK depending on the price of the consoles.

I'm sure those 16k people who voted for PS4 will make a huge difference.

JazzB1987 said:
1, OLD

2. Microsoft presentation was for multimedia not gaming

3. shows what kind of people think that others care about their opinion and who has nothing better to do than participating in "useless" online polls.

Nothing else is shown there.

As long as they dont FORCE every gamespot user to participate or they wont be able to browse the website it means nothing. And if this would happen we also have to take into account the the number of people just pressing whatever there is so they can keep browsing(because they dont give a f*ck) and the number of fans for each system.

So the whole thing doesnt tell anything at all. Especially when a poll can be manipulated by Europeans with dynamic IP adresses comapred to the static IP adresses in the USA (they are static there right?)

Dude, you are trying way too hard. Way way too hard. 

It's obvious PS4 is on top because the conference Sony, although it wasnt that great, was aimed at gamers. The Xbox one reveal left gamers in the dark so this poll reflects that. Take the poll for what it is; it shows PS fans supporting their console and xbox fan being fairly silent about the whole ordeal. With E3 right around the corner, the real show will begin.

For now, the poll is a nice representation of satisfaction levels of gamers for their console of choice. Also, the Wii U gets ignored cause Nintendo chose to release an underpowered console to compete against two high-power juggenauts. Nintendo's game will make or break them (usually does very well on software) but there is no denying that the WiiU doesn't feel very Next-gen to anybody but Nintendo fans. That's just how it is.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:
This should be locked as it clearly a lie. There is simply no way someone in all of those countries voted.

Greenland? The Falklands? Papua New Guinea, countless African countries?

What utter shite.

Now now, dont panic

real news causes that, not a load of fanboys waiting for their tea from mom while they vote repeatedly.

You let this get to you far, far too easily.

Seriously. Seeing one good note about PS gets him livid, just livid.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
pezus said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I'm flattered. Methinks you doth protest too much. 

so we will see a 10:1 sales outcome? Wow, that's Amazing and is far more relaible that that stupid MCV story. Sony shares will be through the roof later on the back of this. 

Why are you flattered?? Were you in the conception team of the axebox one??

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

"You can tweet your allegiance with the #GameSpotPS4 or #GameSpotXbox hashtags and join the silly fun!"

And people still take this thread seriously and ask for it to be locked... -_-

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Areym said:
JazzB1987 said:

Dude, you are trying way too hard. Way way too hard. 

It's obvious PS4 is on top because the conference Sony, although it wasnt that great, was aimed at gamers. The Xbox one reveal left gamers in the dark so this poll reflects that. Take the poll for what it is; it shows PS fans supporting their console and xbox fan being fairly silent about the whole ordeal. With E3 right around the corner, the real show will begin.

For now, the poll is a nice representation of satisfaction levels of gamers for their console of choice. Also, the Wii U gets ignored cause Nintendo chose to release an underpowered console to compete against two high-power juggenauts. Nintendo's game will make or break them (usually does very well on software) but there is no denying that the WiiU doesn't feel very Next-gen to anybody but Nintendo fans. That's just how it is.

1. I am not trying at all.
2. you basically said I agree because my second point was that Xbox presentation was not for gamers and you talk about the same thing. Why would a Xbox gamer tweet about  "yeah skyping while watchin NFL wohooo!"
3. supporting something that does not exist yet makes not much sense and I said that this shows who participates in "useless" polls. I know I have better things to do than participating in polls for hardware that does not exist. I also ignore polls about existing hardware because I know how flawed those polls are so why even bother "having an impact" when every sane person knows they are bullshit? Whats the purpose of the poll anyway? Keeping the console wars going on? Generating clicks and ad revenue?
So the poll just represents what I stated in my other comment and its not NICE at all :) its fairly useless.
4. How is WiiU underpowered? Underpowered for what? To play Battlefield 4? Nintendo was planning WiiU to be as powerful as it ended up so its exactly powerful enough. Its not up to US to decide wheter its powerful enough or not. Its solely up to Nintendo.  Nintendo is not making the systems for third parties its making the system for Nintendo and I am glad they do since this way they are somewhat Niche and niche is way better than the boring mainstream that dominated this generation.

So unless we know how many PS/Xbox fans  own a twitter account and how many of them care about gamespot  and how many of them participate in polls  the polls show absolutely nothing.

P.S. I dont have a twitter account at all. Because I see no point in telling everyone what I do all day. And reading tweets doesnt require an account.

Let's be honest the Xbox presentation was an absolute shocker, but this is - as already stated - a bit of silly twitter fun.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

pezus said:
LilChicken22 said:

The Vita>3DS scenario. There was so much hype for the Vita in the end, how it would dominate everything, especially 3DS. So many articles about how wonderful that thing is, and since launch Vita is selling like a trainwreck. The people who bought a Vita are active on the internet only. More casual gamers and especially Microsoft-gamers aren't that active on gamewebsites at all, you can say that by comparing 360 to PS3 sales. But the mass (more casuals) eventually decide which console sells more, not the console that is most hyped on the internet. It may occur with the PS4 also, but Sony fans will never learn.

Huh. What about the PS1>everything, PS2>Everything, PS3>360 and eventually everything, scenarios?

"PS1 > everything" and "PS2 > everything" weren't around during the boom of the internet and gaming forums. This ones are used by current Sony fans because we know for a fact those were indeed the cases. He's talking about gamers predictions, not actual facts.

Nintendo and PC gamer