By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Builtlean: Can Fitness Protect You From Cancer?

spurgeonryan said:
I actually think that if you find it soon enough, you should try natural methods first. There has been a lot of success with them in the past decade.

But it is usually found too late and radiation is possibly the best route.

Steve Jobs died because he believed in the "natural method" over real therapy that very well might have saved him. There's a reason most of that stuff is called "natural" and aren't approved drugs.

There are so thousands of different types of cancer. Radiation does not work on all of them. There are also many types of drugs for cancer, and they depend on which type of cancer you have. 

If you've got cancer in the early stages, going the natural route can be the stupidest decision you'd ever make. Be safe, and see real doctors. 

Around the Network
halil23 said:
JayWood2010 said:
spurgeonryan said:
I actually think that if you find it soon enough, you should try natural methods first. There has been a lot of success with them in the past decade.

Well hopefully we find a cure for cancer soon.  Im hoping withn the next 10 years.  We have a promising method that is being tested right now on humans so hopefully it will pass.  I'd love to see a cure for cancer in my lifetime.  After you lose people to cancer it just becomes so real and you learn how horrible it is.  

Are you for real?!? There is a cure for cancer many years ago, it just the fudging corrupted government not letting that happen!! Why, well I'll let you google that for yourself...

And what with the article, am I missing something?! It has an introduction then it cut out!! I wanna know what fish oil have effect on brain??!? They making it sound bad, cause I started taking fish oil 2 months ago!!!

Why do people keep talking like there will be this one cure for cancer? Cancer is not just one disease. I suspect there will never be one cure to rule them all. Some types of cancers are easily curable, and no, the "government" is not not letting that happen. 

More likely there will first be cures for some more types of cancers, then more, and then more. 

Mnementh said:
The usual kind of article, that takes one thing from actual studies and inflates them to prove a point they had before. It starts with the generalization: What kind of cancer? I for example had skin cancer (or maybe I still have it, who knows until it grows). That has nothing to do with fitness or what I eat, but with the solar radiation (yes, the sun). So maybe fitness have effects on some sorts of cancer in some circumstances, but if the article is generalizing in this way I clearly know they have no idea and only write that to promote something they want to promote - in this case doing exercises.

Yes, like I said above, many people seem to have this idea that cancer is just one disease. There are so many different types, with different grades, stages and more.

Pezus, who is in your Sig?

pezus said:
spurgeonryan said:

Steve Jobs died because he believed in the "natural method" over real therapy that very well might have saved him. There's a reason most of that stuff is called "natural" and aren't approved drugs.

There are so thousands of different types of cancer. Radiation does not work on all of them. There are also many types of drugs for cancer, and they depend on which type of cancer you have. 

If you've got cancer in the early stages, going the natural route can be the stupidest decision you'd ever make. Be safe, and see real doctors. 

I would actually do both myself. Radiation just sucks.

@ Jaywood

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/what-s-in-your-green-tea---192412541.html;_ylt=AiCvJB7Hv9dI3jvuHKmf_utlbqU5;_ylu=X3oDMTR1MHFiYjRiBGNjb2RlA2N0LmMEbWl0A3NoaW5lIG5ld3MgZm9yIHlvdQRwa2cDOTFiZTQxN2UtNjYwYS0zMWM5LTljZGUtZjJmODdlYmZkNjY1BHBvcwMzBHNlYwNNZWRpYUJMaXN0TWl4ZWRNb3N0UG9wdWxhckNBVGVtcAR2ZXIDNGQ2MGE4ODMtYzNlYS0xMWUyLWJjZDMtZThhNmI1YzI4M2Q3;_ylg=X3oDMTNoZHZjNGNsBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDNGU0NDdmMTMtNWE0Ni0zN2U1LWEzOWEtNzliMWI0YTJiZjBjBHBzdGNhdAN3ZWxsLWJlaW5nfHBob3RvcwRwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2UEdGVzdAN0ZXN0X2li;_ylv=3

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter