By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Heres hoping Yakuza 7 appears next

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Around the Network

Tomorrow some fresh Games, cool

Hoping that The Last of Us II arrives tomorrow :P

Coolback said:
If Pokémon continue like this and have the same ratio than Pok Let's Go :

162 => 279 : +58%.
249 +58% => 393*2.37 = 931k, very low for this moment, need wait a little.

Math is slightly off. I think you did 162 divided by 279 to get 0.58, but that shows that 162 equals 58% of 279, not that 279 is 58% bigger than 162.

279 is 72% higher than 162, not 58%. 162*1.72 = 279

So it'd be:

162 => 279 : +72%
249 +72% => 428*2.37 = 1014k

Personally I'm expecting a higher ratio (around 2.5) and closer to 500 points. FW sales of about 1.25m.

Yes my bad, but it's a weak number too.

Around the Network

Link's Awakening ended with only 22 points but sold 141,375 first week.

NateH said:

Yep, COMG doesnt represent the market nearly as much as they once did.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
NateH said:

Well it went up to 106 points in the weekly ranking, is that normal? If not maybe it just wasn't a very preordered title and was bought on day 1 instead?

I don't follow the weekly points usually so I don't know how big of a jump from last day preorders to weekly points is normal.

Barkley said:
zorg1000 said:

Well it went up to 106 points in the weekly ranking, is that normal? If not maybe it just wasn't a very preordered title and was bought on day 1 instead?

I don't follow the weekly points usually so I don't know how big of a jump from last day preorders to weekly points is normal.

Yep, the weekly points are what people should be looking at to predict first week sales. Been saying that for quite a long time now. Reason being is that (the opening week's) weekly points encapsulate all pre-order points as well as the sales of the first few days, which is inherently way more predictive than just pre-orders alone.

Last edited by Megiddo - on 26 September 2019

Megiddo said:
Barkley said:

Yep, the weekly points are what people should be looking at to predict first week sales. Been saying that for quite a long time now. Reason being is that (the opening week's) weekly points encapsulate all pre-order points as well as the sales of the first few days, which is inherently way more predictive than just pre-orders alone.

Very true

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.