By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - These journalists couldn't stop smiling at Nintendo's fate

BluGamer23 said:
Mythmaker1 said:
BluGamer23 said:
Mythmaker1 said:
They're not being vindictive, they're being dismissive.

As far as the majority of gaming journalists goes, the Wii U is a JOKE, not without good reason. And until Nintendo does something about that, it will continue to be a joke.

since when has a Nintendo console NOT been a joke to the industry and these journalist clowns? .. even when a Nintendo console is successful it was still a joke !  nothing has changed =)

There's a difference between being a joke, and the butt of a joke. The Wii was the butt of the joke because...it was called the Wii, and the controller was goofy. Not bad, but certainly easy to make fun of.

The Wii U has all of that, and stunningly underwhelming sales. The Wii was easy to make fun of, but it was sucessful enough that people couldn't ignore it. That's not the case for the Wii U.

A joke is a joke.. no diffence man ..they laugh at Nintendo all the same.

A joke is a joke.

The butt of a joke is the subject of a joke.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network
VGKing said:

They actually make a really good point.The Wii U doesn't have modern tech specs so it won't get good 3rd party support. The Wii sold purely on Nintendo 1st party, mainly Wii Sports. Wii U doesn't have that going for it and its becoming obvious that yet again, 3rd party support will be lacking with this Nintendo console.

The U games that sell consoles are already there. Nintendoland and NSMBU were Nintendo's 2 killer apps targeting the mass market. It even has Black Ops 2 and Assassin's Creed 3, 2 very popular core franchises.

They don't though. We can't use Black Ops 2, AC3 and other popuolar core franchises as an expected sell because they never sold on Nintendo platforms, those were unknowns. We now know that they just have no considerable market on Nintendo consoles. Lesson learned.

As for 1st party games, NSMB shouldn't have been expected to support Wii-level sales all by itself. Nintendoland was a mistake on Nintendo's part, it would never sell standalone, especially not with a 300$ console. Comparing that to Wii, which bundled Wii Sports and was priced at 200$, we were wrong to think that Japan's non-bundling of Wii Sports warranted a 300$ U with standalone Nintendoland.

It's now quite clear that Nintendo home consoles sell at a 200$ pricepoint and that NSMB doesn't sell consoles by itself. So, with all that said, a wave of 1st party titles that cater to the extended needs to be released, as well as with a 100$ pricecut sometime within the year. To add to the presumptous nature of their stance, the U released 2 years earlier than the Wii in relation to its competition. So in the context of a debate as to who will sell how much and who is relevant and who isn't, this kind of factor is paramount. Instead we were given poor arguments like "It'll only sell due to 1st party games", which Carl and I already showed that the Wii was largely successful due to Wii Play and Wii Sports, and thanks to its pricepoint, and that 3rd party games only fill in the gaps.

Train wreck said:
zumnupy10 said:

1º You know difference between PS2/GC/Xbox isn't the same as PS4/X720/WiiU.

2º  MS and Sony do far more than Nintendo for the Indie comunity than Nintendo.  Sony and Nintendo can't match the XBLA offers right now.

I agree, I cant see how people can say with a striaght face that Nintendo's online efforts for indie and their own services somehow leaped frog Sony and especially Microsoft.

From what I have read lately, Microsoft is actually the worst of the three right now.

http://penny-arcade.com/report/article/tales-from-the-trenches-how-microsoft-is-losing-the-battle-for-indie-develo

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

A Confederacy of Dunces, exact image of this CoD and GTA driven industry, retards and fools are THE mainstream.

This Nintendo bashing is nothing new it was invented at the dawn of the 5th generation (SNES vs. Genesis), its was an instant success co-invented by 3rd parties and Sega of America, paradoxically the first victim was Sega itself.

happydolphin said:
VGKing said:

They actually make a really good point.The Wii U doesn't have modern tech specs so it won't get good 3rd party support. The Wii sold purely on Nintendo 1st party, mainly Wii Sports. Wii U doesn't have that going for it and its becoming obvious that yet again, 3rd party support will be lacking with this Nintendo console.

The U games that sell consoles are already there. Nintendoland and NSMBU were Nintendo's 2 killer apps targeting the mass market. It even has Black Ops 2 and Assassin's Creed 3, 2 very popular core franchises.

They don't though. We can't use Black Ops 2, AC3 and other popuolar core franchises as an expected sell because they never sold on Nintendo platforms, those were unknowns. We now know that they just have no considerable market on Nintendo consoles. Lesson learned.

As for 1st party games, NSMB shouldn't have been expected to support Wii-level sales all by itself. Nintendoland was a mistake on Nintendo's part, it would never sell standalone, especially not with a 300$ console. Comparing that to Wii, which bundled Wii Sports and was priced at 200$, we were wrong to think that Japan's non-bundling of Wii Sports warranted a 300$ U with standalone Nintendoland.

It's now quite clear that Nintendo home consoles sell at a 200$ pricepoint and that NSMB doesn't sell consoles by itself. So, with all that said, a wave of 1st party titles that cater to the extended needs to be released, as well as with a 100$ pricecut sometime within the year. To add to the presumptous nature of their stance, the U released 2 years earlier than the Wii in relation to its competition. So in the context of a debate as to who will sell how much and who is relevant and who isn't, this kind of factor is paramount. Instead we were given poor arguments like "It'll only sell due to 1st party games", which Carl and I already showed that the Wii was largely successful due to Wii Play and Wii Sports, and thanks to its pricepoint, and that 3rd party games only fill in the gaps.

Exactly. There is the problem. People buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games and 3rd party games suffer as a result. For those wondering why Wii U isn't going to get amaizng 3rd party support, theres your reason.

Around the Network

Basically, anyone who says they can predict the future is lying.
Without knowing the price point, Internet requirements, and used game status of the new Sony and Microsoft systems, saying they will dominate is foolish
And given the sales shares, prices, and increased development costs, who knows what will happen to the industry.

But looking at that trio, you have Pachter who admits he does not get Nintendo you have Jeff G who gave low-score reviews to Zelda, and you have the editor of a magazine which would not even cover the Wii faily when its own surveys showed it to be owned by more readers than the PS3. So these people are not objective,

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Well I'd laugh too in that situation. They were talking about 3rd parties and Wii U is not getting supported. They aren't dooming the console but instead getting a good chuckle out of Nintendo's empty promise.

I wrote a post on my site on this matter and had several sony fanboys riding my nuts. Pathetic that people really want nintendo to fail.

mii-gamer said:
I wrote a post on my site on this matter and had several sony fanboys riding my nuts. Pathetic that people really want nintendo to fail.

I'm just waiting for this FPS bubble to topple on itself.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
mii-gamer said:

I'm just waiting for this FPS bubble to topple on itself.

In my oppinion that is not getting happen anytime soon. The mainstream eats that shit up for breakfast and developers will keep making them because they will make money.