By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tales PS Vita games haven’t been brought to North America due to poor sales

Scisca said:
Vita sales:

Japan - 1.40 mil
Europe - 1.40 mil
NA - 1.38 mil
Rest - 0.31 mil

Yeah, the sales in the West are clearly too pathetic to grant us a game...

But there is a difference
THere is a much higher chance that 1,40 Million Japanese buy a decent amount of Tales of compared to NA.
1,40 in Japan and 1,40 in NA are not the same for J-RPG Predictions...You need probably 3-4 Million available Customers in NA to get the same numbers as an available userbase of 1,40 Million Japanese(though i know most people buy a vita for such games and not CoD)

What i like is how honest they are
Baba also said a few months ago Japanese Developers have to go back to the roots and don't westernize everything cause people all over the world learned to love those games cause they are/were Japanese.
Nothing but the truth

Around the Network

Look at me try and act surprised at this news. Surprising they went to the Vita TBH.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I don't really buy it. The original versions of Hearts and Innocence were on the fucking DS, for Christ's sake, and they still didn't show up outside of Japan. What was the excuse there? "The userbase in North America hasn't topped 100 million yet"?

I don't think there's much rhyme or reason to Namco doing what they do. They're just kind of derpy and don't always feel like localizing shit. #dealwithit #learntoreadjapanese

If Sony can reduce PsVita prices :( (I already have a vita)

If people are more curious about foreign games and DARE to tweet on publishers's page on twitter (or another) , there will be more and more J-RPG games in Western land.

sigh ...

You can visit this blog for Zero no Kiseki and Sen no Kiseki guide

http://wajinokiseki.blogspot.be/

LMAO, there are more Vita's in the west then there are in Japan. There is is also a lack of software, especially quality JRPGs, which even more reason to release it over here.

Sometimes I just feel like these companies are actually STUIPD.

Around the Network

the main-tales of-games coming for ps3 and in the future on ps4, so namco bandai.

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

I really hoped someone has actually worked out the math of what is required to get it localised and thus how many they need to sell to get their money back.

teigaga said:
I really hoped someone has actually worked out the math of what is required to get it localised and thus how many they need to sell to get their money back.

When the kickstarter failed, Class of Heroes 2 required atleast 2500 sign ups to preorders to receive a physical release.  So assuming the number is around 1000-2000 copies to break even.  That's without localization since the localization was already done. 

If just translating and inputting all the text I wouldn't see it costing too much, but then there's all the voice acting and I have no idea how much that'd cost. 

kupomogli said:
teigaga said:

When the kickstarter failed, Class of Heroes 2 required atleast 2500 sign ups to preorders to receive a physical release.  So assuming the number is around 1000-2000 copies to break even.  That's without localization since the localization was already done. 

If just translating and inputting all the text I wouldn't see it costing too much, but then there's all the voice acting and I have no idea how much that'd cost. 

Don't forget shipping costs.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Namco could do with hiring some better localisation services. At least if they're going to continue running Tales of as one of their franchises.

A year to localise Tales of Vesperia; a year and a half to localise Tales of Graces; two years to localise Tales of Xillia. They're getting worse as time goes on.

Plus the fact that Vita's userbase isn't enough to warrant it. I'd say there was an easy 100k physical + x% digital sales to be made from the USA alone (using P4G as a benchmark). If you can't get a profit out of that, then yeah, something is wrong.

And as Badgenome & Rol say: What the fuck was their excuse for not localising these titles when they were on the DS? Can't play the "small userbase" card for that.

Oh well. Suppose I should thank the stars we're getting Xillia.