By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Studios’ creative director defends always-online Xbox 720

theprof00 said:

Just found this

Microsoft Ninjas got to him too.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:

Nobody cares about that Adam. You just outed the always online Box.

DigitalDevilSummoner said:
Nsanity said:

Nobody cares about that Adam. You just outed the always online Box.

This my friends is known as the sage art of reverse damage control. It is when you try to do damage control, fail at it and then try to reverse it back to the original condition you were in but the cat's already out of the bag.

theprof00 said:

Just found this

ok so the city part was just a inside joke

what about the rest? :S

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Personally I dont like the always online stuff. DRM is a bunch of sh*t. But to be honest it isnt the biggest deal in the world. I dont live in the biggest city but I never have to worry about internet outages. Honestly I think most people are making way to big a deal with this. Sure id prefer it not happen but its not and should not be a deal breaker to very many people. Ultimately its the games (or perhaps media functions) that will decide the fate of the next xbox not this retarted argument about always online.

Honestly even if this does come to fruition I doubt you wont be able to do anything without internet. More than likely M$ will do something similiar to what Blizzard did with Starcraft. They will make achievements and other small features unusable without being connected. I highly doubt they will not allow you to do anything without internet.

But thats just my 2 cents.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
UltimateUnknown said:
If this is any indication of what the box could be then I honestly can't see how even the staunchest of Xbox supporters could still support the console. It feels like every gen MS tries to do something that can nickle and dime the consumer in the worst possible way. Last time it was pay for online gaming and this time it's always online.

They were lucky Sony screwed up big time with PS3 which propelled the 360 above and beyond what it would have been, but this time it doesn't seem they'll be so lucky. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out in the long run.

well always online isnt as bad as kinect gathering data from your living room yet people seemed to be OK with that, heck i made a thread about it last year and look at all the people mocking me in it. whats even funny is my first two comments with someone where he suggested to turn off the xbox. and i said we have to wait and see, and now we are getting the always ON, always connected. so i cant even turn it off. just look at everybody giving no shit about their privacy

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=149579&page=1

people will still make it out to be not a big deal, because they did so with a matter that is even worse than always being connected

I understand where you are coming from.  I live in the UK and I hate the fact that I am monitored everytime I leave my house til I get back home again.

To be monitored in my home as well is too much. To hell with all that nonsense about nothing to hide so nothing to fear.  The most basic grasp of recent human history can show that up as dubious... I am not saying american or western governments are like hitler or stalin.. at least not yet.

But back to this always on, DRM, no second hand games thing. Is this a good idea in a recession? 

There is money in the second hand games market and if MS want to cut out that middle man then the stores that also purchase and sell second hand games shouldn't promote their product above the ones that they can benefit financially from in this market.

How does this effect second hand consoles? If I want to upgrade to a newer nextbox at some point can this be a problem in the sense that I cannot sell my old one?

I hope to god that MS gets stomped for this anti-consumer crap.
Sony on a smaller scale for Vita mem cards.
Nintendo for purposely undershipping.

Actually no. We need a crash right now to shake stuff up.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Back on gaf xbox fans are like

PS fans are like

x720 can go suck a fat one! And so should this guy who ever he is.

Its sounding pretty much like Im going back to how I was last gen. Sony as my primary, MS as a distant secondary Halo box.

This gen I owned every console but only used PS3 for exclusives. Last gen I was straight up PS2 and basically used my Xbox for Halo.

This Nextbox sounds strait up anti consumer and they will have to blow me away to convince me otherwise