By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - A forbidden topic – Favorite Kinect ‘Gems’

I know we aren’t supposed to like Kinect games here, so this will just be our little secret. If you do not want to post, email me, and I will post it for you anonymously.

What are some hidden little Kinect Gems that you enjoy?  Those overlooked or forgotten, or just plain unknown game?  My two examples are free, but it doesn’t have to be free.  Just something that is more fun than expected, something you enjoy going back too, things like that.

My runner up, and I think it is worth mentioning, would have to be the ‘Mars Rover Landing.’  I tend to follow NASA and I was curious about it anyway, but after playing the Free Kinect game I was transfixed.  It’s so much more exciting when you feel like ‘you know what it’s like to land there.’  And I didn’t always make it either!  So it makes it seem more risky to actually try landing on another planet.  I thought it was a good way to get people to have an emotional connection with science.

But the winner is “I am Super.” It is also a free game and was released as a promotion for “The Adventures” movie.  You and a friend get to become super heroes.  Big kids and little kids can play. It is one of my most requested games from little ones, even over Happy Action/Kinect Party. 

1. Everyone can play it.  There is no wrong or win/lose.

2. It uses your own environment – and some amazing math/graphics wizardry – Oh, look we set the couch on fire again!

3. Super powers are just awesome. 

Mars Rover Landing - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Mars-Rover-Landing/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258480836

I am Super - http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/I-Am-Super/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258480831

What is your ‘Secret Kinect Gem?’

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
Zappykins said:

If you do not want to post, email me, and I will post it for you anonymously.

you cant be serious now are you? i know kinect games are probably the least appreciated by gamers, mainly because they really dont have any depth. but seriously people shouldnt be so ashamed of liking a kinect game that they would have to email you to stay anonymous? is it really that bad liking a kinect game that people would need to hide liking any of them?

Lol, I just wanted to post and say that the title is awesome......forbidden, lol.

I never got into it but I can see why people would. I liked the Golf and Ping Pong I played as a demo way back when and I would definitely play those types of games if the Kinect wasn't in my kids' room.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Fruit Ninja is great for gatherings and is surprisingly accurate at detecting your hand movement. We always play loser sits out so everyone can play. That's my favorite besides Kinect Adventure and Sports.

Not suppose to talk about kinect games? Really? Isn't the issue of kinect the lack of games worth talking about? The games that didn't benefit or transition well to a kinect control scheme? Isn't that why most kinect talk is plagued by the lack of delivery, like the elephant in the room?

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network

Oh my.

Ok, Anonymous user Mr. Bro Says: I like the dancing in Kinect Star Wars.

Yes, folks, he said it here. And I have to agree with him. I have actually unlocked all the dances, and even got the Hans Solo Achievement!

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Tell me a funny joke!

Rise of Nightmare is pretty good IMO. Has a House of the Dead vibe and I love the house of the Dead games!

Chark said:
Not suppose to talk about kinect games? Really? Isn't the issue of kinect the lack of games worth talking about? The games that didn't benefit or transition well to a kinect control scheme? Isn't that why most kinect talk is plagued by the lack of delivery, like the elephant in the room?

Actually, more like this kind of rhetoric – when people like it they get teased/taunted/made fun of for liking something.  

Kinect is pretty good, super innovative and fun.  It just doesn't have a 'cool' factor - cause you have to express energy to move, and might 'gasp' actually break a sweat. 

Plenty of people like it, but many choose to ‘stay in the closet’ about it.

No one should be ashamed of gaming, no one.

Is there something specific you think it didn't deliver on (other than the light saber battles? I'll give you that.)

Tell me a funny joke!

If Child of Eden counts, it had good hand movement response time.

I liked Rise of Nightmares too. It was funny to kill monsters/zombies while doing dumb body movements. Controls weren't the greatest though, just a fun concept.

Hopefully someday I'll get around to trying Gunslinger too, I've heard decent things.