By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - ‘PS4 will out-power most PCs for years to come’ – Avalanche Studios CTO

Imagine what the PS3 would be capable of if it had 2GB RAM. It's a FACT not many PC games look as good (or better) as God of War III/Ascension. Just imagine what Gow on PS3 would look like with 2GB RAM right now. Imagine that game with way better alias at 1080p res and even more high-res textures. How many PC games would be able to rival it? and that's a PS3 game.

Around the Network

In your dream Sony fan boys lets c if its gonna out power next Xbox than say something or post something like that haha

---

User was moderated for this post

~tads12

they could be right look at god of war and other frist party games

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Most of the PC gamers I know have significantly better PC specs than the PS4 can offer. Hell my laptop outclasses it in most respects. Consumer PCs for the office and netbooks, those it will outclass. The PCs made to the steambox specs, hell no. There is a lot of developer hyperbole, and people take it at face value which they shouldn't, it is usually motivated by business interests, either slagging the opposition or up-playing a platform you have an interest in. The nice thing about the PC realm is actual benchmarks rather than hearsay.

CGI-Quality said:

I think it's better to note the quality of the games that will come from the PS4, despite rigs that are 5-10x more powerful than it.

Taking just Killzone: ShadowFall, it looks better than 90% of my PC library. This is a launch title, at that. Imagine 2015, 2016, 2017 games.

God of War and Uncharted.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

I think it's better to note the quality of the games that will come from the PS4, despite rigs that are 5-10x more powerful than it.

Taking just Killzone: ShadowFall, it looks better than 90% of my PC library. This is a launch title, at that. Imagine 2015, 2016, 2017 games.

Thinking of what ND or SSM can do with next gen makes me drool considering the eye candy they still wow me with on PS3.  I hope one of them makes another unique world (Jak, GoW, Crash) rather than go realistic with their next games.  I also hope KZ gets up to 60fps before they launch since the Feb. 20th demo was at 30.  With more RAM and over 6 months to smooth it out I think it could happen.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Outpower because of  high bandwith but low latency 8GB RAM......

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

CGI-Quality said:
GameAnalyser said:
CGI-Quality said:

God of War and Uncharted.

pezus said:
Most PCs: Yes
Most gaming PCs for years to come: No
Most gaming PCs this year and next year: Yes

The best reply.

This year and some years ahead every sub $1000 PC will be worst then PS4... of couser high-end PCs like the @CGI one will destroy the PS4 but that is less than 1% of the PC gamer community.

Edit - Fixed lol

A lot of PC gamers game on mid-end PCs. The ones that buy the newest and best GPUs are in the minority.