By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Update: Randy Pitchford to “lose a huge amount of money” over Aliens Colonial Marines backlash

Was he lying?

Yes 112 82.35%

No 4 2.94%

The publisher forced him to 19 13.97%

Total:135

Am I the only one that wants to take a baseball bat to the lying bastards face:)

Around the Network

I couldn't be happier with the back lash the studios are getting. I just can't believe how badly they've treated the fans, the aliens licence and flat out lieing with that demo. I don't care what randy says he wasn't givin a script his the head of gearbox he knew very well what was going on

Just in: even more evidence the game wasn't all that it's cracked up to be.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/aliens-colonial-marines-tester-spills-the-beans-sega-were-well-aware-the-game-sucks/

Woah. I was really looking forward to this game being a big Aliens fan and was shocked to see the terrible scores but I hadn't seen this before. That's a gigantic difference between the Demo and Final version, it's like comparing a PS3 version of the game to a PS2 version of it.

That's a dreadful shame and I'll now be waiting for this game to drop to £18. I'm very disappointed.

He was lying as a mofo the entire time, instead of working on the game Gearbox has spend 6 years working on it as a shitty side project.

They deserve every piece of shit that's flung their way.

Around the Network

Ultimately, if I was betting, I would say the difference in what was shown and what was delivered (probably) has more to do with the publisher than the developer ...

I suspect that the development team wanted to produce a high quality, highly polished title, and wanted to produce a game that was equal to or better than what was demoed, but Sega didn't provide the funding and resources that the game needed.

haha so possibly the WiiU version is even worse than the others. Will see if this is true.

Barozi said:
haha so possibly the WiiU version is even worse than the others. Will see if this is true.

The demo is from Wii U version. It will get 85-90 metascore. 

PS3 and Xbox360 are doomed!

I think all us alien fans should start a kick starter or something. It about fucking time we receive a aliens game from a developer who cares. Randy pitchford doesn’t care about the franchise because if he did they wouldn’t release crap.
Wonder how much time and money gearbox has spent on advertising and polished demos/trailers.

JDemon said:
I think all us alien fans should start a kick starter or something. It about fucking time we receive a aliens game from a developer who cares. Randy pitchford doesn’t care about the franchise because if he did they wouldn’t release crap.
Wonder how much  time and money gearbox has spent on advertising and polished demos/trailers.

Fucking oath brother.