By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ps3 For £360 lowest UK Price yet?

http://www.shopto.net:80/page.php?page=dettagli&codart=PS300

I don't want to advertise on this forum but i was pretty shocked to get this in my e-mail, I'm not a fan of the Ps3 but - comparing it to the RRP of £425 it's almost tempting to buy it :)

The site is genuine even though it looks a bit cheap as I've ordered games from there, It's only a weekend sale, but at £360 I think it must be a record.

Retailers must be getting really desperate to get them moving off the shelves and to get us buying games for it ;)

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Around the Network

Most stores seem to be giving something away to try and shift more, HDMI cables or an extra game, but this is by far the cheapest I've seen.

It would still have to come down by another £200 for me to be interested as it has nothing new to offer over owning the 2 other consoles and i currently see no use for a Blue Ray player other than being able to say I have one; having a disk that can hold even more extra material I never wanted to watch in the first place and having to pay a premium price for it currently seems pointless.

llewdebkram said:

Most stores seem to be giving something away to try and shift more, HDMI cables or an aextra game, but this is by far the cheapest I've seen.

It would still have to come down by another £200 for me to be interested as it has nothing new to offer over owning the 2 other consoles and i currently see no use for a Blue Ray player other than being able to say I have one; having a disk that can hold even more extra material I never wanted to watch in the first place and having to pay a premium price for it currently seems pointless.

Well, i got mine as a gift but it was like 570 Euros with Resistanc, an extra controller and an HDMI Cable. The RRP here in Greece is 660 euros the PS3 by itself. So i suppose Greek retailers are desperate too.

Is the bundles something new in UK and Greece? We had it from day one here in Sweden, but to be honest xbox360 has some really insane bundles, so it is not only PS3 they want to move.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Nobody else sees the irony?

"BUY A PS3 FOR 360!"

"PS3 = 360!" 

:-p 

Around the Network

it's interesting that they can sell these consoles ata 65 pounds below the RRP and still make money, I was under the impression that stores made very little markup off the consoles themselves.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

omgwtfbbq said:
it's interesting that they can sell these consoles ata 65 pounds below the RRP and still make money, I was under the impression that stores made very little markup off the consoles themselves.

Well as it's a gaming website I think they are going to sell it at a small loss in the hopes they can make a profit on people who buy PS3 games from the website. It's the same reason why Sony sells the PS3 at a loss. 

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

robjoh said:
Is the bundles something new in UK and Greece? We had it from day one here in Sweden, but to be honest xbox360 has some really insane bundles, so it is not only PS3 they want to move.
There were many bundles at launch, although they did not save you any money. Now, even amazon, who launched with the standalone console give you free HDMI cable and a game for £430. Game, probably the biggest retailer, only launched with bundles, then introduced the standalone console, now only have bundles which are the PS3, extra sixaxis and one of three games all for £460 (N.B. they are not 1st party games).

About 360 bundles, amazon are selling the premium edition with three free games (GoW, Crackdown and something else) so as you say, its not only PS3.

add me

I seen ps3s in gamestop for £359.99 i didnt read if it was with a trade in or something, but most shops are selling them cheaper than the £425 launch price tag.

Only £100 more expensive than 360 now :P