Forums - Sales Discussion - Global UP! 26th January 2013

platformmaster918 said:
Metallicube said:

Wii U is selling pretty bad.. Maybe now all the hardcore gamers will like Nintendo now? :/

probably, but to get really popular it needs to be Nintendo's last system like Dreamcast for Sega.  10 million people bought it and now everyone seems to love the thing.

still not enough for Ninty, it will have to reach DOS PC levels of hardcoreness to be loved: having to edit autoexec.bat and config.sys files to make a game run.



Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 
 


Around the Network
jonnybmk said:
These low Wii U numbers make me nervous for the 720 and PS4.

I think it's an indication of things to come; except 720 and PS4 will cost even more than Wii U.

It's a critique on many things: bad economy, investment in current console, waiting on expected price drops/bundles, etc etc.

I could be wrong; we'll see.

I'm worried about the same thing. But until we know about the launch titles/price, we can't say for sure.



Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

sales2099 said:
mjk45 said:
Bong Lover said:
CGI-Quality said:
sales2099 said:

"Well considering that with any electronic product, when a new product comes out the older ones fade from the consumers eye and spotlight. Surely you can't argue that. Nintendo gamers have moved on, 360 gamers are eagerly awaiting the next Xbox....I assure you I will give my undivided attention to the next Xbox when it releases. That leaves only PS gamers.....internet minorities at that that will truly care. So mathmatically and given the consumer perception of product lifecycles in the capitalist electronics market, you can argue that most people won't care when PS3 passes 360 after November."

Using common sense, I at least have a basis for arguing that most gamers won't care post November. You, neglecting how the electronics market works, sidestepped that and accused me of focusing on the minority gamers.

(Edit: Also PC gamers won't care, forgot about them).

That in tiself doesn't discredit them being a statistical minority, merely accusing me of picking on them specifically. I reasoned that they are easily accessible, a sound response I think. Its easy.

I have a basis to say only a tiny minority of gamers will care post November. You don't. No further debate necessary indeed.

Again, I gave you Business Protocol 101. All you did was tell me that the majority of people will have moved on (a truth, but not the full story). Of course many gamers will have moved on, but I never argued against that, because that goes without saying. In the corporate world, though, the numbers will not be forgetten, minimized, or ignored (what I've said from the beginning). You weren't "sidestepped", you just heard the argument you wanted to hear and skipped what was relevant. You took one look at this week's numbers and decided that, by November, this will all suddenly vanish and it just doesn't work like that. Take it from a guy with an industry position, it's talked about much more than you think.

Nevertheless, the easiest way to solve this problem - agree to disagree.

Business Protocol 101? In the corporate world even fewer people will care when/if the PS3 sells more units than the 360. At least in the deep corners of the internet somewhere there will be a person here and a person there who acctually thinks it has any relevance. In the corporate world however the thing they will look at is : The PS3 lost x million dollars, the Xbox 360 made y million dollars. And that is all they will care ab

If thats the case following your it's all about profit theme, the thing the corporate world must be looking at is , the xbox lost xbillions and the xbox 360 with rrod losses taken into account means MS's game division is still deep in the red.

PS3 lost billions more from 06-09. Simply, 360 profited more this gen and PS3 lost more billions this gen.

the the thing is he was saying Business Protocol 101 profitability is what matters and what must be looked at looked at and all he did was mention that xbox profited more this  gen ,and sony lost , so i brought up the fact that it's division since xbox's inception is still in the red  and is one main reason a lot of investors where unhappy , now if he said both company's games divisions have  overcome financial disasters and are in a healthy place I would agree , but no he went into the past so so did I.



kowenicki said:
pezus said:
Asriel said:
Vita and Wii U have no major new software releases and neither are being advertised well.

Who in the seven circles of hell expects them to sell well?

The sales are terrible, yes, but without software support people won't buy new systems. Nintendo might have announced some games, but they've given no signal as to when those games will be available. That still leaves Wii U without a major release for the entirety of January and almost all of February, before three or four notable releases (but no major global blockbuster and no major first party title) hit the system.

Nintendo need to hurry up and announce dates for titles like Pikmin 3, Game & Wario, Wonderful 101. It's all well and good saying those titles are coming, but who is going to invest in a system when Nintendo won't even reveal what month those titles are coming out? Things will only get worse before those games are advertised and released.

Look at my sig. Plenty of people did.

Including you.  Vita that is.

Huh. I predicted something like 5.5m for the year.



This is pretty funny looking back:

 

Somebody turn it into a "No Country for WiiU"?



Around the Network
pezus said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:
Asriel said:
Vita and Wii U have no major new software releases and neither are being advertised well.

Who in the seven circles of hell expects them to sell well?

The sales are terrible, yes, but without software support people won't buy new systems. Nintendo might have announced some games, but they've given no signal as to when those games will be available. That still leaves Wii U without a major release for the entirety of January and almost all of February, before three or four notable releases (but no major global blockbuster and no major first party title) hit the system.

Nintendo need to hurry up and announce dates for titles like Pikmin 3, Game & Wario, Wonderful 101. It's all well and good saying those titles are coming, but who is going to invest in a system when Nintendo won't even reveal what month those titles are coming out? Things will only get worse before those games are advertised and released.

Look at my sig. Plenty of people did.

Including you.  Vita that is.

Huh. I predicted something like 5.5m for the year.


what did you predict prior to launch?



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995


kowenicki said:
pezus said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:
Asriel said:
Vita and Wii U have no major new software releases and neither are being advertised well.

Who in the seven circles of hell expects them to sell well?

The sales are terrible, yes, but without software support people won't buy new systems. Nintendo might have announced some games, but they've given no signal as to when those games will be available. That still leaves Wii U without a major release for the entirety of January and almost all of February, before three or four notable releases (but no major global blockbuster and no major first party title) hit the system.

Nintendo need to hurry up and announce dates for titles like Pikmin 3, Game & Wario, Wonderful 101. It's all well and good saying those titles are coming, but who is going to invest in a system when Nintendo won't even reveal what month those titles are coming out? Things will only get worse before those games are advertised and released.

Look at my sig. Plenty of people did.

Including you.  Vita that is.

Huh. I predicted something like 5.5m for the year.


what did you predict prior to launch?

Nothing...I think. Don't see how that's relevant though as I am talking about people that expected WiiU to sell well even knowing its release schedule and having the sales in Dec+early Jan in front of them.



gigantor21 said:
jonnybmk said:
These low Wii U numbers make me nervous for the 720 and PS4.

I think it's an indication of things to come; except 720 and PS4 will cost even more than Wii U.

It's a critique on many things: bad economy, investment in current console, waiting on expected price drops/bundles, etc etc.

I could be wrong; we'll see.

I'm worried about the same thing. But until we know about the launch titles/price, we can't say for sure.

I would not worry much about PS4 and Xbox 720 as WII U is struggling because it doesn’t have much to offer. You get the same or even better experience on current generations consoles (PS3, 360). Nintendo bet was on the controller with screen, and it failed miserably. 



PSVita numbers and any recent adjustments factored into the 52 week count. (week 49)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=141085&page=1#



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995


Yea 10.2% Jump for WiiU after Nintendo Direct (Week Ending Feb 2nd).



What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results