Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's unrealistic pricing for old-school platformers et al.

Tagged games:

happydolphin said:

It matters because the cap never limited the pace of NSMBU.

NSMBW sold more than 10m copies in three months. Even if NSMBU reached the cap of 5.5m for its first 4.5 months, it would have fallen short of NSMBW's sales.

10,000,000 is a much bigger number than 5,500,000. Get it?

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
happydolphin said:

NSMBW sold more than 10m copies in three months. Even if NSMBU reached the cap of 5.5m for its first 4.5 months, it would have fallen short of NSMBW's sales.

Yeah, I get it. You don't get my point. Even if it could have, it still wouldn't have, because even when limited, it never reached that limit. You get it?

i.e. it never reached 5.5m, so the limit was rendered powerless as a constraint, in the context of your logic.

happydolphin said:
RolStoppable said:
happydolphin said:

Yeah, I get it. You don't get my point. Even if it could have, it still wouldn't have, because even when limited, it never reached that limit. You get it?

Let's say Nintendo gave away 60 million Wii Us at launch do you believe the sales of NSMBU would be the same as they are right now?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

Let's say Nintendo gave away 60 million Wii Us at launch do you believe the sales of NSMBU would be the same as they are right now?

No, but I don't think they would be as strong as NSMBW, not at 60$, as great as NSMBU seems.

To Clarify: They would be higher because more people would own a U and would not have needed to pay the hefty WiiU entrance fee of 300$.

happydolphin said:

Yes, I get it. Your disdain for the NSMB games is so huge that any kind of logic is lost on you. You have made this pretty clear over the course of 300+ replies in this thread.

I gave you enough chances to redeem yourself, to show signs of understanding instead of blindly clinging to your initial stance. I had more patience than anyone else in this thread. Perhaps I was wrong to think that you have improved since last year. We are pretty much back to where we were one year ago.

Instead of calling you things and reporting myself right afterwards, I'll just exit the thread for good this time. Like so many others have already done before me, because there's no point in talking to you.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Yes, I get it. Your disdain for the NSMB games is so huge that any kind of logic is lost on you. You have made this pretty clear over the course of 300+ replies in this thread.

I gave you enough chances to redeem yourself, to show signs of understanding instead of blindly clinging to your initial stance. I had more patience than anyone else in this thread. Perhaps I was wrong to think that you have improved since last year. We are pretty much back to where we were one year ago.

Instead of calling you things and reporting myself right afterwards, I'll just exit the thread for good this time. Like so many others have already done before me, because there's no point in talking to you.

Can't you just be normal and address the points, and leave when you're bored. Why make it personal?

First off I want to say I'm sorry if I offended anyone here, that really wasn't my intention.

Now I want to add that, revisiting the e-shop yesterday after a few months of not touching my 3DS (I actually loaded my copy of NSMB2 ironically as well), I remembered that Nintendo did have some game offerings at 10$. Pushmo is one example.

I guess that you guys are right, that NSMB and DKCR could be considered premium offerings that have a high entrance fee. The market is paying for them, but I hold to the idea that the sales trend will go down. That's not a big issue as long as Nintendo can adjust its projections to match the reality of it. I expect NSMBU to perform somewhere between the NSMBW and NSMB DS trends. It will do well, but not as well as the Wii version, it will take more time to build the sales. However, since it's a launch title, that is a good strategy as the legs will not be cut short as would be the case with NSMBW.

I just want to say thank you to everyone that participated in this thread and I learned a lot. I hope I didn't offend or hurt anyone in the process.

Regards,
Phil

No problem-o. ;)

And I know where you're getting from, but like I said before, it would take a bloody long, lo-o-ong time for them to reach where you think they're going to end up, unless their sales starts to drop like flies in the forseeable future. As of now, I myself is not seeing that's going to happen... 8-)

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!