By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 5 21.74%

A Link to the Past 10 43.48%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 2 8.70%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 17.39%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 4.35%

Other 1 4.35%

Total:23
BasilZero said:
Kakadu18 said:

I killed a Flame Gleeok. It was fun, but Gleeoks are contrary to what I expected overall a bit easier than Lynels. The spectacle is what sells it though.

Going by what I am going through in the OG Zelda on NES....

Lynels are a bigger pain than Gleeoks so this makes sense.

Lynels make me wish Bomb Arrows were available to purchase just like in Breath of The Wild.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

Lynels make me wish Bomb Arrows were available to purchase just like in Breath of The Wild.

I'm just glad that NES Zelda allows Link to shoot beams when at full health - that helps a lot lol.

I'm guessing you can only craft Bomb arrows in ToTK?

BasilZero said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I'm just glad that NES Zelda allows Link to shoot beams when at full health - that helps a lot lol.

I'm guessing you can only craft Bomb arrows in ToTK?

Yes. -_- Also props to whoever made this.                                                          

One of the game's greatest accomplishments is how great it feels just to exist in this world.

In everything from the way it's structured, with countless little adventures branching off in every direction like the boughs of a giant tree, to how appealing the art direction and sound design is, it's one of those rare games where I could wander around for an hour with no particular objective and still have a fantastic time.

curl-6 said:

One of the game's greatest accomplishments is how great it feels just to exist in this world.

In everything from the way it's structured, with countless little adventures branching off in every direction like the boughs of a giant tree, to how appealing the art direction and sound design is, it's one of those rare games where I could wander around for an hour with no particular objective and still have a fantastic time.

I agree with everything you said. While I felt underwhelmed initially with the tutorial islands, everything else has been fantastic. 

I like it when my mom goes out of town because I get to sleep on her side of the bed. -William Montgomery

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Kakadu18 said:

I killed a Flame Gleeok. It was fun, but Gleeoks are contrary to what I expected overall a bit easier than Lynels. The spectacle is what sells it though.

Going by what I am going through in the OG Zelda on NES....

Lynels are a bigger pain than Gleeoks so this makes sense.

Lynels are also a huge pain in A Link Between Worlds.

How TOTK and BOTW'S level scaling compare to each other so far. 

https://youtu.be/jQrsv__ObC4

I will say I like the direction of how they are approaching companion characters as it opens up the prospect of more developed non player characters who play more of a role in the games events as well as give an Rpg party like vibe, my only gripe is they need to implement a better way to activate their abilities. 

Wyrdness said:

I will say I like the direction of how they are approaching companion characters as it opens up the prospect of more developed non player characters who play more of a role in the games events as well as give an Rpg party like vibe, my only gripe is they need to implement a better way to activate their abilities. 

I like how they made Yonobu more badass.

Just...