By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 5 21.74%

A Link to the Past 10 43.48%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 2 8.70%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 17.39%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 4.35%

Other 1 4.35%

Total:23
SKMBlake said:
zeldaring said:

I went to metracritic today and it's 95. so not sure why is still 97 here.

It went today from 96 to 95 thanks to the Jimquisition review, but honestly at this point, who cares ?

I think it will reclaim 96 back it's really close.  

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Runa216 said:

Because it's OpenCritic, not Metacritic. It says so right in the title. 

yea i just assumed it was metracritic. Like i said not sure why use this new site is being used since metracrtic is the original and has games from multiple generations.    

Opencritic is 10 years old.

Wow, I already played TotK for 90 hours. But I was at 120 hours in BotW after the same amount of time.

The other day I used the paraglider during a rainstorm, and I could hear the sound of raindrops pattering on the glider's fabric like an umbrella.
It's a little thing, but I love it because it shows just how much care and attention was paid to the little details in this game. On its own it seems minor, but the sum total of all these small touches is a world that truly feels alive.

*watching Queen Gibdo die* Good riddance, bastard bug.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Spindel said:

A â€Âproblemâ€Â I have so far is that I’m constantly short on arrows. Are they more scarese than in BotW or have I just switched play styles between the games?

I mean, it’s not a problem it’s just very noticable.

Break open crates and pots they're a common drop from them. 

Your magnificence Oh Great sage  I beg of you to please answer my question What stuff am I better off selling to accumulate all those wonderful arrows?

Last edited by mjk45 - on 23 May 2023

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Runa216 said:
HoloDust said:

Hm...well...second Temple (Water)...really disappointing, getting to it was so-so, but Temple itself was really, really short and easy, and boss fight was hilariously easy.

At this point I'm starting to think Nintendo just straight out lied about Dungeons being more like classic Zelda Dungeons - so far I find even Divine Beasts to be better than temples in TotK.

How is it I get banned from the Xbox forum for being extra critical of their consistent failures and lack of output for the better part of a decade but you're allowed to keep coming here just to reiterate how much you're disliking this game? 

You stated you didn't care for Breath of the Wild and that you didn't expect to like this game. You then bought the game, reiterated that you didn't expect to like it, then proceeded to be the only one in the thread regularly complaining about it while the rest of us are riding a wave of euphoria because of how good it is. 

What do you get out of this? 

"Oh, I'm just sharing my opinion, same as everyone else, you just want to silence me!"

No, I just don't understand your dedication to whining about this game. If you're just gonna be cynical all the time, can you take it somewhere else where we're not all having our enthusiastic circle jerk around the current game of the month/year? 

Well, Zelda is in my Top 10 VG IPs of all time, and this is Zelda thread, not Zelda "superfans" echochamber. So if you feel that there needs to be a thread where everyone will only sing high praises about TotK as a masterpiece, without any criticism, how about you go on and make one, so you don't have your feelings about digital pixels hurt?

And I actually like TotK somewhat more than BotW - so far I see it as 3.5 out of 5 stars (been using Adventure Gamers scoring system forever, which translates to Good), as opposed to 3 out of 5 stars for BotW (which translates to Decent).

Rito Village snowed under has such a fantastic atmosphere, it really does feel so desolate and sorrowful.
Like BOTW, the game excels at creating a rich sense of place through both its audiovisual presentation and soft worldbuilding.

mjk45 said:
Wyrdness said:

Break open crates and pots they're a common drop from them. 

Your magnificence Oh Great sage  I beg of you to please answer my question What stuff am I better of selling to accumulate all those wonderful arrows?

Chu Jellies, because they're so easy to come by.

Also, it's nice to see that Tulin and Riju are still smol babies even a few years after Breath of The Wild. ^^

HoloDust said:

Runa216 said:

Well, Zelda is in my Top 10 VG IPs of all time, and this is Zelda thread, not Zelda "superfans" echochamber. So if you feel that there needs to be a thread where everyone will only sing high praises about TotK as a masterpiece, without any criticism, how about you go on and make one, so you don't have your feelings about digital pixels hurt?

And I actually like TotK somewhat more than BotW - so far I see it as 3.5 out of 5 stars (been using Adventure Gamers scoring system forever, which translates to Good), as opposed to 3 out of 5 stars for BotW (which translates to Decent).

Personally, I also think TOTK is objectively a better game than BOTW... but in the same sense that Doom Eternal and Ragnarök were better than Doom and GOW.

If their predecessors didn't exist, they'd be widely celebrated as some if not the best games of all time. Since they do, some things are less impressive than they should have been, and the points where developers are trying to do the same thing but better become a bit jarring.

(I think this works for Pokémon, or at least worked for a long time, because of the nature of the plot, but not here).

Subjectively I still prefer BOTW, though. Running back to it just to check my arrow count a few days back (hah) made me miss the relative unclutteredness and remember the novelty of it all back in the day. It's in my personal top 3 open-world games alongside ER and RDR2.