By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 5 21.74%

A Link to the Past 10 43.48%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 2 8.70%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 17.39%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 4.35%

Other 1 4.35%

Total:23
Kslost said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

All the TotK special edition items are up on Best Buy now:

Good lord I hope my wife is ok with me having all this shit preordered plus the collectors edition lol

If you can beat the scalpers first, that is.

Around the Network
Kslost said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

All the TotK special edition items are up on Best Buy now:

[snip]

Good lord I hope my wife is ok with me having all this shit preordered plus the collectors edition lol

I hear that  

Ok so without even watching but looking at the comments here, I think I'm gonna feel right at home going back to a mixed up version of Hyrule with new fusion powers and such.

And in honesty, wouldn't surprise if there's still a ton more to show but of course, they would simply not because they want to keep their cards close to their chest before the release.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I can't believe there are people who unironically believe they showed even 1% of the game and the possibilities with fusing stuff and building stuff with ultra hand.
My brain can't comprehend!!!

Everything I saw from the overworld had slight changes everywhere with bigger changes in various spotts in the distance and there are hundreds of islands, some of them huge af with rivers and stuff.
So far I've counted 5 completely new monster species, one of them only in the artbook leak and two returning species from older games.

This feels like Splatoon 3 all over again.
"It's just a DLC with no changes WAWAWAWAWAWAHXJUFZCkxucucigigd6x6zfz,dyugxits7s7tzx8ud85dz6ry9ufojxxöuxzxifzfugxihxizy." MY ASS!!! Holy shit.

The Switch OLED had something similar with idiots saying it's overpriced and unecessary and then it released and everyone stopped immediately.

Kakadu18 said:

I can't believe there are people who unironically believe they showed even 1% of the game and the possibilities with fusing stuff and building stuff with ultra hand.

Everything I saw from the overworld had slight changes everywhere with bigger changes in various spotts in the distance and there are hundreds of islands, some of them huge af with rivers and stuff.
So far I've counted 5 completely new monster species, one of them only in the artbook leak and two returning species from older games.

"It's just a DLC with no changes WAWAWAWAWAWAHXJUFZCkxucucigigd6x6zfz,dyugxits7s7tzx8ud85dz6ry9ufojxxöuxzxifzfugxihxizy." MY ASS!!! Holy shit.

The Switch OLED had something similar with idiots saying it's overpriced and unecessary and then it released and everyone stopped immediately.

Just to add to this BOTW was demonstrated in the same way with the E3 demo of the plateau, like here it really was to show off mechanics.

It's unrealistic to expect to see the large amount of emergent gameplay from a game with such freedom, the fuse ability alone is going to be massive as these are on top of prior game physics as well. For example the arrow demonstration and the shield, combine the arrow with the mushroom that was used on the shield and you can blind a group of enemies in your path to move pass unhindered or even as a distraction at an enemy camp. This one ability alone has increased the potential practical use of all the resources a player will come across. 

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Kakadu18 said:

Just to add to this BOTW was demonstrated in the same way with the E3 demo of the plateau, like here it really was to show off mechanics.

It's unrealistic to expect to see the large amount of emergent gameplay from a game with such freedom, the fuse ability alone is going to be massive as these are on top of prior game physics as well. For example the arrow demonstration and the shield, combine the arrow with the mushroom that was used on the shield and you can blind a group of enemies in your path to move pass unhindered or even as a distraction at an enemy camp. This one ability alone has increased the potential practical use of all the resources a player will come across. 

YES! Even just the fuse ability on arrows is enough to completely change your thought process of tackling obstacles/combat. We have "on the fly" crafting and it is insane to think about the possibilities.

Nintendo with the Switch:

Jumpin said:

I’m still wondering if there’s a lot more than what they’ve shown. 

It's clearly the case. They showed us the minimum amount of stuff.

It's like showing Super Mario Odyssey gameplay but with the only focus being his backflip abilities.

Hey gang! I just wrote up an op-ed about the TotK gameplay demo from this week. Check it out if you're interested: https://www.vgchartz.com/article/456546/what-we-learned-and-didnt-learn-from-tears-of-the-kingdom-gameplay/

Big thanks to @TruckOSaurus for his advice :)

I just realized the other day an obscure reference to Nintendo history made by Link having an "Ultra Hand". Now I wish I had one!! ^^

Henry Cavill In Talks For Legend Of Zelda Movie Likely As Link

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/henry-cavill-legend-zelda-link.html

I didn't think he was a very good fit for Geralt, but I can at least understand why they picked him for Witcher. Even as just a voice-over for animated Link, I really don't see it (hear it?).